HB: Tuohy   Taylor     Stewart
C:  Guthrie Menegola   Blicavs
HF: Motlop  Buzza      Murdoch
F:  Menzel  Hawkins    Parsons

R:  Smith   Dangerfield Duncan

INT: Parfitt Mackie Kolodjashnij Selwood

IN: Hawkins Blicavs Parfitt

OUT:Thurlow Simpson Z.Guthrie

We will know how worried the AFL are about this when we see the umpiring panel names.
Stevic, Jeffery and Nicholls or two and you know what the agenda is.

Code:
B:  Bews    Lonergan   Henderson
HB: Tuohy   Taylor     Stewart
C:  Guthrie Menegola   Blicavs
HF: Motlop  Buzza      Murdoch
F:  Menzel  Hawkins    Parsons

R:  Smith   Dangerfield Duncan

INT: Parfitt Mackie Kolodjashnij Selwood

IN: Hawkins Blicavs Parfitt

OUT:Thurlow Simpson Z.Guthrie

Stevic, Jeffery and Nicholls or two and you know what the agenda is.
Which umpire is number 29? He's hopeless...

Not sure I'd want to risk Blicavs for this game... We have top 4 locked, so I'd just make sure he is cherry ripe for the QF.

Also, is there VFL next week so fringe players and returning players can play ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't say I agree. I want Selwood in every final available...

Selwood hasn't missed a final through our entire bad run, his absence has had a clear effect on our 2nd tier which have constantly let us down, I have a feeling he will miss one anyway, and if that causes the 2nd tier to finally play solid finals footy it could well be a huge blessing in disguise

Not sure I'd want to risk Blicavs for this game... We have top 4 locked, so I'd just make sure he is cherry ripe for the QF.

Also, is there VFL next week so fringe players and returning players can play ?

Unfortunately our vfl team wont make finals so we won't have vfl after this week only match simulation.

For some reason out of all the non-melbourne based teams, it's Geelongs responsibility to provide a game at the MCG.

I thought it was a contatual thing re the MCG final - minium number to be played

Theres swings and roundabouts - Geel got a massive advantage because of it when Bris were going for 4 on the trot . Game was only played at MCG because of contractual arrangement - nearly beat them and should have beaten in the PF .

If the game had been played at the Gabba ( where it would have been if there wasnt the MCG contractual thing ) the Cats would have got smashed by 10-12 goals

Remember the AFL has a massive financial stake in GWS - it is in their interest for them to succeed. Remember that when certain decisions are being discussed regarding fixtures, umpiring etc.
If it's your home game we get no say in where it's played though. That's as it should be

If it's your home game we get no say in where it's played though. That's as it should be
When you say "We" that means GWS + AFL.. The AFL will decide where its played (looks like MCG if Richmond don't get game there). GWS and the AFL are not seperate entities - they are linked very closely through a massive financial/reputational interest.

When you say "We" that means GWS + AFL.. The AFL will decide where its played (looks like MCG if Richmond don't get game there).
I think your club should be able to choose the ground for your home finals, that would be fair.
We are wholly owned by the AFL, but our board is independent necessarily, and i cant see it makes any difference to us, even if we had the influence. I dont doubt the AFL wants us to succeed, but frankly I doubt they'd want your club to fail or have issues with it's identity Geelong either.

I think your club should be able to choose the ground for your home finals, that would be fair.
We are wholly owned by the AFL, but our board is independent necessarily, and i cant see it makes any difference to us, even if we had the influence. I dont doubt the AFL wants us to succeed, but frankly I doubt they'd want your club to fail or have issues with it's identity Geelong either.
I wish we could choose the ground as we should - of course we would take our home ground. However it looks like the AFL has other plans which doesn't sit right with a lot of our supporters should we end up beating you this week. For what it's worth I think your list is a step above ours in terms of talent (as designed) and you guys will likely be up the top of the table for the next few years.

I wish we could choose the ground as we should - of course we would take our home ground. However it looks like the AFL has other plans which doesn't sit right with a lot of our supporters should we end up beating you this week. For what it's worth I think your list is a step above ours in terms of talent (as designed) and you guys will likely be up the top of the table for the next few years.
We were given a great opportunity with start up concessions, that's the reality. People look at guys like Kelly and Shiel and sometimes overlook you need solid clubmen around them. Most clubs have them and look to add cream like Dangerfield. We actually needed to add the guys like Matt de Boer, Sam Reid and lately Dawson Simpson to add backbone. Certainly not a reason to whinge though.
I hope we'll be contenders, I do think the Crows are the best side this year, but any if the top 4 + the Swans can win it. Should be a great finals series, and a great game Saturday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back