Preview Round 3, 2024: Hawthorn v Geelong, 1st April 3:20pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its amazing really- you’ve got a key defender who has really looked the goods in the VFL- desperate to play on the big stage.. we’re crying out for a key defender and you don’t bring him in?? Scared coaching IMO from Mitchell so far this season…

Read the box hill thread. Sounds like phillips had a very average game there today. Wouldn’t want him dropping the marks he did against Geelong. Scared is very a word I’ve heard used in the context of Sam Mitchell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What? Drafting? We picked him up for a packet of homebrand crisps. It was a free hit.
I would of kept Ryan in a fit, it was a sh*t trade.

The deal sees the Hawks give up promising tall Brandon Ryan, having taken the 25-year old in the mid-season rookie draft, while also giving up picks 39, 54 and a future fourth-rounder in exchange for Gunston, picks 47 and 61 and the Lions’ future second-rounder.

The deal sees the Hawks give up promising tall Brandon Ryan, having taken the 25-year old in the mid-season rookie draft, while also giving up picks 39, 54 and a future fourth-rounder in exchange for Gunston, picks 47 and 61 and the Lions’ future second-rounder.
Silver lining, no Gunston trade equals no Bodie Ryan who is looking impressive already.

Meanwhile Ryan hasn’t played for the Lions VFL yet. Not sure what’s happening there.

I completely disagree. Also, you framed it differently to begin with.

Gunston was a star, who could be a mentor, and we got him for some pick swaps. Ryan is a nobody, maybe one day he’ll be ok at best. I don’t hate Ryan, but bugger me dead if losing him is an issue

Yes that was the trade in isolation but the pick enabled us to get Chol. We didn’t trade Ryan for Gunston, we did it to facilitate Chol and Gunners was steak knives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back