Toast Round 3 = Brisbane Lions 72-92 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see some of our players finding a bit of form.
Big Billy & little Billy both excellent.
Schultz didn't find a lot of the ball, but he applied plenty of pressure inside F50 - that's something to build on.
The pressure that's been missing was back.
Still plenty of errors and turnovers, but we now at least have something to build on.
It's always hard to win at the Gabba, so we'll take it with pleasure.
Go Pies!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s what we’re talking about!

JFN, you brilliant little ranga.
Jamie, clutch is back.
Frampton, noice.

And Zorko, you can

go away gtfo GIF

imagine mouthing off at the great man that he will get a fine for that.
Loved the game. And my god I love that scene 😍

I don’t understand it. Every role we’ve asked him to play, he’s given a big shake. He’s been very good in defence, very commendable as back up ruck, and yeah he tried his best as a forward against Harris Andrews… he makes ACTUAL forwards look terrible frequently.
such a good post, not sure he's lowered his colours in any of those roles nor any specific games he's donned the black n white!

Thank God GIF by CBS

Cameron, Daniher, Rayner and Bailey were abysmal and Neale took them most of the way on his back. If we’d have found a way to lose that one that was it.

A very even contribution with Frampton, Elliott and Fly’s coaching performance the real standouts for me. The way we used Cameron to curb Andrews was fantastic and the other two were clear to anyone watching. Structurally we looked sounder with our ball movement once Naicos was back there despite him being a little off. It was also pleasing to see our small forward group regain some form.

The only downer was Macrae who was as bad as Cameron. Not only did he not get a sniff, but he got torched by Neale in the 2nd. I only hope he learned a thing or two from the rodgering he received.

I wonder how you rate our game/team now? First three games slow, too old and no connection. Then we beat quality opposition on their home deck after a bye. So where are we?

Can we please not drop John Noble again… His energy and pressure is bloody invaluable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back