Review Round 23 = Collingwood 100-124 Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
We were undermanned, but still disappointing to lose to a direct rival this close to finals.

Being glass half full, it’s still in our hands to finish on top and gather some momentum before the finals with a big performance against Essendon next week.

Appears Brisbane are very likely playing a home Qualifying Final.

I barely feel anything about that game.

Firstly, Pendles silenced any doubters. Absolutely elite.

As for the game... 2 goals down at 3/4 time and then they kick 3 unanswered goals to start the last. Only lose by 4 goals. Scored 100 points in a game that they desperately needed to win and we didn't.

Get them at the MCG with Nick Daicos, Moore, JDG and Hill and I don't think we hold any fears.

Even Neale after the siren just said they needed that game more than us.

OTTNO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like we've fallen on our face, but who knows, finals are a different thing. Would I rather be on a 14 game win streak heading into finals, for sure, but we also get that first week off. I'm overseas for the first 2 weeks of finals so hopefully I'm back in time to go to a Home Prelim.

A decent effort, not one I expected us to win. A couple of concerns:

1) Pendles was great, but not great that we're asking him to do so much in an unimportant game. Need him primed for finals.

2) Our defence has dropped off. We've no longer conceded the least points for the year. Down to 4th or so now. Conceded 100+ 3 weeks in a row.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back