Preview Round 3 v Sydney MCG Sunday March 31st 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't worry folks we've got a training run Saturday for Meehan to hurt a couple more players so McAuliffle could get a late call up.
What did I tell you all last night

Don't get me wrong I like Cumbo, but I think some of you need to come around to the idea that it's not a coach problem and it's actually a player problem...
And how is it when he kicks goals, applies pressure and plays well as he has so far this season. He was generally applauded on here after his game last week. MRJ did nothing in the practice matches and pretty much nothing in the games so far.

Cumberland may have flaws, but he has a fair bit of talent as well. If he plays well this week.. he'll be still in the ressies next week.

I don’t know if it means much but both Ralphsmith and McAuliffe have been named on the ground.
They have just put them where Martin & Grimes were named

I would be surprised if Broad gets up, who has ever heard of a player having a calf issue for one week, especially a 30 year old.

If he plays and re-injures, board will go nuts over Meehan. If he doesn't play, typical Meehan, turns a one week injury into two..

Sounds like a fake injury so he didn’t record a positive test

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Unless everyone here is willing to put up with regular 5 goal losses next few years by playing kids, experienced and proven campaigners like grimes, KMac, Broady etc won’t and shouldn’t be dropped. These blokes may have slowed but aren’t making anymore stuff ups than a 5 gamer and will help kid’s on field development.
Should never be dropped.
Grimes and Broad are dropping off in performance. The whole 22 has dropped off in performance over the last couple of years since 2020
S.A.D.L.Y they are never dropped, managed, rested. Sometimes rotated mid match, if injury occurs.

Having Broad and Grimes alternate injury is fortuitous.

Kmac being undroppable is just farking ridiculous. Give me a 3 game stint there from different players. How can kids develop if old spuds are selection locks?

Grimes and Broad are dropping off in performance. The whole 22 has dropped off in performance over the last couple of years since 2020
S.A.D.L.Y they are never dropped, managed, rested. Sometimes rotated mid match, if injury occurs.

Having Broad and Grimes alternate injury is fortuitous.

Kmac being undroppable is just farking ridiculous. Give me a 3 game stint there from different players. How can kids develop if old spuds are selection locks?
We could go down the path of picking a side that contains mostly our players with under 50 games:
Koschitzke*
Mansell*
Hugo#
Maurice*
Miller*
Young*
Dow*
Cumberland#
Clarke*
Ryan*
Sonsie*
Banks*
Bauer
Coulthard
Campbell*
Brown*
Trezise*
Lefau*
Fawcett
Green#
McAuliffe#
Smith

* - played at least 1 game this season
# - selected in squad at least 1 game this season

However when you actually step back and take a look, you can we've already either played or picked most of this group in games already this season. So we're not exactly ignoring the development of the next generation, but we're doing it in a way, that meant that we could push Carlton to the final siren and stick with Port for about 3/4 of the game instead of being blown out and not really giving the kids the best chance to play in competitive games which aids their development more, than being treated like a witches hat.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know if it means much but both Ralphsmith and McAuliffe have been named on the ground.

What it means is both are playing. Otherwise we get fined if they don't.

We could go down the path of picking a side that contains mostly our players with under 50 games:
Koschitzke*
Mansell*
Hugo
Maurice*
Miller*
Young*
Dow*
Cumberland#
Clarke*
Ryan*
Sonsie#
Banks*
Bauer
Coulthard
Campbell*
Brown*
Trezise*
Lefau*
Fawcett
Green#
McAuliffe
Smith

* - played at least 1 game this season
# - selected in squad at least 1 game this season

However when you actually step back and take a look, you can we've already either played or picked most of this group in games already this season. So we're not exactly ignoring the development of the next generation, but we're doing it in a way, that meant that we could push Carlton to the final siren and stick with Port for about 3/4 of the game instead of being blown out and not really giving the kids the best chance to play in competitive games which aids their development more, than being treated like a witches hat.
Unless everyone here is willing to put up with regular 5 goal losses next few years by playing kids, experienced and proven campaigners like grimes, KMac, Broady etc won’t and shouldn’t be dropped. These blokes may have slowed but aren’t making anymore stuff ups than a 5 gamer and will help kid’s on field development.
Should never be dropped.

I was talking about wing selection

I'm not sad about Grimes or Martin's injuries like others are this week more younger side the better for me, only way forward if we get smashed who cares we versus the Swans & it was expected a loss is a loss it don't matter if you lose by inch or a mile losing is losing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back