Autopsy Round 4, 2024 : Hawks get Pied

Remove this Banner Ad

Lloyd Meek. Take a bow. Welcome back Newc. Wanted to say it for a long time, but C Mac is one of the most over rated players on this board. Great effort in the second half.

Correct on Meek.

You are so far wrong on C Mac. Guy is a gun. Still young and will have a couple of poor games.

Not going to harp on the result because that one was there for the taking so I'll focus on the positive. Some pretty damn good games from Meek, Dimma, Newc, Scrim. Also thought Ramsden and Amon played well too. Lots of green shoots there today at a venue that we've struggled with recently. Would've been nice to steal that one but I am glad we didn't roll over after halftime and showed some ticker.

It's a shame that some posters will remember his last kick more than the entire performance.

He should have had a shot from there. He has the leg. Just shanked it off the side of the boot.
No way he has the leg on his right foot, in his left it’s a different story.
I’m a big Scrimmers fan and he’s been excellent this year mainly playing as a key defender but using his attacking instincts when he can.

That was his thing in first season…opportunist goals. Seem to have dried up a bit

He was also a lot looser defensively.

I like this version of Scrim a lot more. I think his teammates appreciate him more too.

I think the boys will take a lot from that, even though we lost, it felt like a win after recent weeks. Dominated the second half and clicked as a team for longer than a quarter. Hopefully they'll come next week where they left off.

It's going to be a struggle getting a winning score against decent defense all year, we just don't have a big marking presence. gee it's fun watching the little fellas go to work when they get their chance though.

Can't wait for Day to return along with a fit Lewis.

No way he has the leg on his right foot, in his left it’s a different story.
I’m a big Scrimmers fan and he’s been excellent this year mainly playing as a key defender but using his attacking instincts when he can.

He's pretty good on the right but you're right for distance I think he'd have needed to get on his left where there wasn't any space.

Newc should be our next captain. Inspirational second half.
Our leaders stood up and looked what happened.

Meek, Hardwick, Moore, Scrimshaw, Impey, Ward, Amon were all great in the second half.

Keep Rama in the side even when Lewis comes back. I’ve said it before could be our Luke Jackson.

Blown away by Meeks performance tonight.

Ramsden though quiet was good.

Moore finally came alive.

Hardwick epic up forward but made the rest of our forward line look they have no clue how to play forward.

Newcombe finally got his hands on the ball in the 2nd half.

Chol just creates contests all day.

Ambrosio nowhere for half a game and then does some good things.

Amon - we need to get this guy back where he played best. Absolute momentum killer today with his decision making.

Nash competes but far too slow and his disposal is a momentum killer.

Scrim huge effort in the second half.

A

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Seamus took Hill to the cleaners

I thought Shammy had a mare the first quarter and a bit but really worked his way back into the game. Hopefully just blowing the cobwebs out.

Correct on Meek.

You are so far wrong on C Mac. Guy is a gun. Still young and will have a couple of poor games.
This was possibly his worst game for the club. Could've been the hero though! Ah well. Just one of many, many mistakes we made throughout the day even when we had ascendancy.

I was also very impressed with Ramsden's game. 5 marks in your third? game is an excellent return.

Hawks second qtr was woeful. We can spin it anyway we want but it was diabolical.

Our second half we played with some real passion and spirit we have all been waiting to see this season.

We actually tackled to hurt finally and got under their skin. We put our head in the hole when we had too and took it up to them finally.

Meek was sensational and I hope the coaching team show Reeves that game as what we are after as a club from our big guys.

We got back in the game with good decision making and smart ball use, and then our composure cost us in the end when we rushed kicks.
This happens to young sides, we won’t lose that game in a year or two

Reeves shouldn't ever be no. 1 ruckman based off Meek the last couple games. Worlds apart. If we can string 4 quarters together it would be really nice. Weddle had a couple inexperienced moments. When he isn't doing that he will take off

Our good is good our bad is terrible.

Can see when we play aggressive and risk taking footy we are really good. Pressure in last quater was immense.

Young team, we will be ok. 2 more years and should be playing finals
Our good needs to become great , our bad needs to become good. That’s how a team becomes a contender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back