Preview Round 5, 2023: Collingwood v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 16th April, 4:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 37 41.1%
  • Saints

Votes: 53 58.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a couple of weeks we should have a decent looking team. Things are starting to look up.
It will be interesting to see who goes out. I wonder how the coaches hand le those things. ?

Keep hearing from Ross how good Cordy has been at playing his role, I'm sure King, Membrey or Caminiti can manage to get more than 1 possession a quarter.... they can play decoy too if we really need them.

Would rather have King, Membrey and Caminiti up forward. Really don't care about the ruck chop out that much, how many teams are carrying around two rucks this year?

Only team I would be worried about is Melbourne when Gawn is back. But seriously, are Caminiti / Battle / Owens going to be beaten that much worse than Cordy? Just tell our mids to rove to Gawns taps.

Not sure he's saying how great he's going so much as said he's tall a few times and playing a role. He's fine in a sacrificial role but he'll be out when talent comes back to full fitness, agree with everything else though.

Despite the positive media vibe, Collingwood are at ridiculously short odds of $1.43…us at $2.73!!

I don't really care what the odds are set at, Lyon can use that as motivation. Our biggest enemy is complacency I reckon, keeping the spear sharpened is a good thing.

If I'm thinking like a neutral I'm thinking Collingwood should be favourites but I have this Saints faith in the master coach thing that overrides common sense. I feel like we are in any match, that said this is our biggest test so far. Probably the best looking side in footy right now, we are top of the table and not catching sides off-guard any more. I could see this being a let down after getting such a dream start to the year but really hope the dream continues.

The little battler Saints against a force of the footy establishment backed by their brown-nosed media fanboys and an AFL that wants their model of footy to be the standard. Being the underdog is what I love and long may the little guy keep winning against the odds. We are 22 afghan sheep-herders with 2 1960s kalashnikovs and a bunch of homemade weapons against the US army at the moment. History shows it didn't end well for the US.

The stability this group has had together to start the year is so important. Having 3 or 4 in and out of the side every week like Richmond is having makes is so tricky to get consistency. Despite our injury issues, these 22 have played some stable footy together. I really think that very few of the injured players will come back into the team until we get more injuries.

King, Membrey and Steele are looking like definite ins when fit enough. The rest will need to rely on injury or kids getting tired and dropping form. Lyon loves stability.

I don't really care what the odds are set at, Lyon can use that as motivation. Our biggest enemy is complacency I reckon, keeping the spear sharpened is a good thing.

If I'm thinking like a neutral I'm thinking Collingwood should be favourites but I have this Saints faith in the master coach thing that overrides common sense. I feel like we are in any match, that said this is our biggest test so far. Probably the best looking side in footy right now, we are top of the table and not catching sides off-guard any more. I could see this being a let down after getting such a dream start to the year but really hope the dream continues.

The little battler Saints against a force of the footy establishment backed by their brown-nosed media fanboys and an AFL that wants their model of footy to be the standard. Being the underdog is what I love and long may the little guy keep winning against the odds. We are 22 afghan sheep-herders with 2 1960s kalashnikovs and a bunch of homemade weapons against the US army at the moment. History shows it didn't end well for the US.
Justifiable that Collingwood are favourites - they are definitely a top 4 side & a couple of years ahead in development plus into the second year of drilling a game style.

It also worries me that GCS opened us up in the first quarter and a bit last week before we switched on & the positional tweaks kicked in. Notwithstanding the 150th, the first real match of the round game for a lot of our players, so be interesting to see how they cope.

If we can start well I reckon we will be right in this game.

I’m very positive re where we are headed but there will be some bumps in the road given we still have so many injuries & emerging youngsters (but hopefully not tomorrow!).

What I’ll be looking at as much as the result is how our game style holds up and how the young guys perform under big game pressure.

Odds are based on this year’s form..again, ridiculous!!
People trust Collingwood more based on last season…again, understandable.
History always plays a part.
If we were 4 zip and they were 1- 3 then I’d understand your disbelief.

Is Cambell on the plane? Seems Keeler is, i guess visiting home... no sign of Bytel or Membrey for that matter.
Didn't travel with the boys mate can't tell ya

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King, Membrey and Steele are looking like definite ins when fit enough. The rest will need to rely on injury or kids getting tired and dropping form. Lyon loves stability.
Yes he does that's why in 2099 or 2010 there was not many from the 2s playing except for that round in tassie.

I don't agree with keeping it too stable as injuries always happen .

Not sure he's saying how great he's going so much as said he's tall a few times and playing a role. He's fine in a sacrificial role but he'll be out when talent comes back to full fitness, agree with everything else though.
Ross actively singled out cordy in the dogs post match for how much he was helping the young kids in the forward line. I think Ross likes him tbh

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Odds are based on this year’s form..again, ridiculous!!

Odds are also based on the money coming in.
Collingwood supporters are delusional and always bet on themselves to win.
Any Saints supporters who did that were bankrupt years ago.

I remember in 2009 , betting was suspended heading into the Hawks game, a result of all sorts of money flooding onto the Hawks all of a sudden.
Sure enough, news got out , first one star player then another was withdrawn from the squad.

The Irony.... Saints smacked them.

St Kilda was initially without Riewoldt, Brendon Goddard, Leigh Montagna, Steven Baker and Lenny Hayes, while Sam Fisher and Nick Dal Santo were late withdrawals. Sam Gilbert was already sidelined through injury. In their absence, the Saints showed the depth of their list as players such as David Armitage with 22 disposals and 10 tackles, Colm Begley and first-gamer Jack Steven all contributed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back