Preview Round 6, 2019: St.Kilda v Adelaide - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 27th April, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 81 81.8%
  • Crows

Votes: 18 18.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McKenzie for Geary (inj).

FB: McKenzie - Brown - Wilkie
HB: Savage - Battle - Webster
C: Billings - Ross - Newnes
HF: Gresham - Bruce - Lonie
FF: Kent - Membrey - Long
R: Marshall - Steele - Steven
I: Paton - Acres - Sinclair - Parker

Confident that we win, don’t think it’ll be by much though.
Spot on.

Personally I want us to remain underdogs as long as possible. I know I’m going to be going into every game expecting us to slip up so keep the surprise factor going as long as possible I say.

I know , we dont have a great record of being favourites except for those couple of years 09 & 10.

Don’t Panic !!

The Crows have the longest winning streak over us than any other side. 9 I believe. This is our best chance in years to break that streak. Here’s hoping we take it, and another scalp for the year.

I reckon the last time we beat them would have been 2011.....possibly 2012.

May need a fact check on that one.

I think we will bring DMac straight in but I’d love Hind to debut to just keep the excitement train rolling.

JWeb to Betts. Brown on Walker.

Marshall v OBrien a good matchup.

Rekon if we can get our fair share out of the middle then our forwardline will be “too intense for their defence” *tm*

;)

“Saints back up style with substance.

Got it wrong with the Saints, as I said last week.

Thought their words in the off-season were just that, words. They have more far more substance than that.

May still miss the finals, but no matter what happens from here, St Kilda is a tough club. And coach Alan Richardson is a tough man.

There has been adversity with injury and unavailability and poor due diligence (and no, we won't let the Dan Hannebery thing go) but underlying its operations in 2019 is a resolve which is pure.

Jack Billings is now the star he was meant to be, and a massive well done to him given the questions since his first game in 2014.

Jarryn Geary's leadership is Joel Selwood-like, and in being that type of person, he's going to miss an extended chunk of football. It only enhances his standing, given his injury was caused by a typically selfless, low-percentage, almost forgettable act, unless someone tells you to look back at a replay and study the hard act that would have otherwise gone unnoticed.

And, really nice to see Tim Membrey kicking goals after last year's yips.”

-Purple knobhead

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Their confidence may be up after tonight’s win. Once again we’ll need to defend hard and hurt them with quick ball movement. The crouch brothers and Sloane will make for tough customers, and will probably send the ball inside 50 a million times. Steele can only take one of them at a time. We need to be better at either end. I can see this one being another arm wrestle.

Saints by 8.

Adelaide at our home deck should be a good game, especially with both sides coming off significant wins. I want to be confidant...and I should be considering the way that we have played of late, but being a Saints supporter is hard and has been taxing on my optimism supply. Certainty mixed with belief and hope is not something I'm accustomed to...so I'm not going into next rounds match with blind faith, nor am I going in with my hardened fatalistic sainters induced stoicism, but rather a weird form of happy anxiety, that is both refereshing and new. I think we can win, indeed, I know we can win...but I'm just not certain that it's guaranteed. I keep waiting for cracks where there are none, and that part hasn't gone yet. Man, It'd be great if we do another job like we did against Melbourne...because the next few weeks after is a whole other level.

Shots fired....( off the Crows board)

“In the 5000m and 10000m races at the Olympics you always get a few runners from the nuffy countries who burst out to a lead on the first lap. White guys usually.

Sure, they are 'winning' the race at that stage but inevitably get mown down and finish the race on their hands and knees with their teary dad almost carrying them across the line. About 5 laps behind the winners.

3-1 Gold Coast are one of those runners.

Get the feeling the Saints might be too.”

...so I'm not going into next rounds match with blind faith, nor am I going in with my hardened fatalistic sainters induced stoicism, but rather a weird form of happy anxiety, that is both refereshing and new. I think we can win, indeed, I know we can win...but I'm just not certain that it's guaranteed. I keep waiting for cracks where there are none, and that part hasn't gone yet. Man, It'd be great if we do another job like we did against Melbourne...because the next few weeks after is a whole other level.

It’s a weird feeling, isn’t it?
I call mine cautious optimism...

“Saints back up style with substance.

Got it wrong with the Saints, as I said last week.

Thought their words in the off-season were just that, words. They have more far more substance than that.

May still miss the finals, but no matter what happens from here, St Kilda is a tough club. And coach Alan Richardson is a tough man.

There has been adversity with injury and unavailability and poor due diligence (and no, we won't let the Dan Hannebery thing go) but underlying its operations in 2019 is a resolve which is pure.

Jack Billings is now the star he was meant to be, and a massive well done to him given the questions since his first game in 2014.

Jarryn Geary's leadership is Joel Selwood-like, and in being that type of person, he's going to miss an extended chunk of football. It only enhances his standing, given his injury was caused by a typically selfless, low-percentage, almost forgettable act, unless someone tells you to look back at a replay and study the hard act that would have otherwise gone unnoticed.

-Purple knobhead

That’s like an apology with a “but” after it.
Still a weasel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“In the 5000m and 10000m races at the Olympics you always get a few runners from the nuffy countries who burst out to a lead on the first lap. White guys usually.

Sure, they are 'winning' the race at that stage but inevitably get mown down and finish the race on their hands and knees with their teary dad almost carrying them across the line. About 5 laps behind the winners.

I get the feeling this bloke is mentally scarred from having their pants pulled down by richmond in 2017 and never recovering from it.

It’s a weird feeling, isn’t it?
I call mine cautious optimism...

Yes it's that weird feeling coz it's been a long time since we have been in this kind of situation.

The next month will be a true test for us.

If we win at least 2 games then I would say we are on our way to something big this year.

It's time for all the saints members to back our lads and go to the Marvel stadium this Saturday. It's our home game.

Intimidate the hell out of crows. Create the same kind of atmosphere when we go to Adelaide oval.

Get the momentum going.

Last edited:
Was at both games and thought he played really well last week and was good today. Understand what you are saying but he can break a game open with his run. That is why he was drafted. His kicking was off abit today but not always his fault others fumbled and missed marks.
He is replacing geary though. Did he even slightly look like a lock down defender

-Purple knobhead

It really goes to show the utter dreadful quality of sports journalism when no one seems to remember Membrey copped a knee injury to his kicking leg early last year and his "yips" tended to coincide with a bunch of strapping on said knee. He was ******* injured you cretins.

Yes it's that weird feeling coz it's been a long time since we have been in this kind of situation.

If we win at least 2 games then I would say we are on our way to something big this year.

It's time for all the saints members to back our lads and go to the Marvel stadium this Saturday. It's our home game.

Intimidate the hell out of crows. Create the same kind of atmosphere when we go to Adelaide oval.

Get the momentum going.
Very true but I really think we need to win the Adelaide game to start cementing our spot. We will very likely lose a couple over the next month or so but beating Adelaide is an important step I feel.

It really goes to show the utter dreadful quality of sports journalism when no one seems to remember Membrey copped a knee injury to his kicking leg early last year and his "yips" tended to coincide with a bunch of strapping on said knee. He was ******* injured you cretins.

Very true but I really think we need to win the Adelaide game to start cementing our spot. We will very likely lose a couple over the next month or so but beating Adelaide is an important step I feel.
In defence of what he said it was true. He kicked poorly. Now if there was a reason it really doesn’t matter. Doesn’t change his goals and behinds. And if you think they are bad maybe remember what was said about his kicking on here. By the way it only effected his distance not his accuracy. He did have the yips

Get the momentum going.

Yeah, this is a stressful feeling. A broke man doesn't fear bankruptcy.

And sometimes its that crazy black guy from somewhere in Africa who doesnt know he is supposed to lose and just keeps on running whilst the privileged just let him go because he couldnt possibly keep going... could he?
Saints can write their own history

And sometimes its that crazy black guy from somewhere in Africa who doesnt know he is supposed to lose and just keeps on running whilst the privileged just let him go because he couldnt possibly keep going... could he?
Saints can write their own history

And sometimes you can just be a Bradbury and meet teams at the right time and roll them, I don't care what we look like as long as we are winning. Adelaide are like we were after 2010, they are on a decent into mediocrity. The good players are there but there is something damaged about their psychology that stops them moving forward.

Patton is young and played well last night but lost his man a few times. He will tighten that up with experience but I think Betts would have a day out if Patten plays on him.
Dont worry , Saintos has been on the turps :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back