Discussion Round 6, 2021 (Anzac Round) - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday, April 23
Greater Western Sydney v Western Bulldogs (MO) (N)

Saturday, April 24
Geelong v West Coast (GMHBA)
Gold Coast v Sydney (MS)
Carlton v Brisbane Lions (MRVL) (T)
Melbourne v Richmond (MCG) (N)
Fremantle vs North Melbourne (OS) (N)

Sunday, April 25
Hawthorn v Adelaide (UTAS)
Collingwood v Essendon (MCG)
Port Adelaide v St Kilda (AO) (N)

Number panels are not always desired, I think the Essendon faithful would flat out reject it to be honest.

In regards to removing the back sash, Richmond actually did it in the 90s and went all the way up to 2005 without a back sash and it didnt look too bad, here's a quick dirty recolour
View attachment 1106455
I like it. I've always hated Richmond's and Essendon's white numbers being slapped all over their sashes.

Are you able to do a version with the sash going halfway up the back, just to compare?

Seriously how does the AFL let Essendon and Collingwood run around like that on Sunday but have a cow over navy blue shorts:oops:

Number panels are not always desired, I think the Essendon faithful would flat out reject it to be honest.

In regards to removing the back sash, Richmond actually did it in the 90s and went all the way up to 2005 without a back sash and it didnt look too bad, here's a quick dirty recolour
View attachment 1106455
Your suggestion is along these lines i think

View attachment 1106458

The contrast of red on black would make that impossible to implement without a number stroke I reckon, as much as I dislike them

both great guernseys in their own respect, but what a *en amateur sport to let two teams design a one off guernsey with the same base colour that produces a clear as day clash lmao. changing the colour of shorts & socks just doesn't cut it.

Collingwood is the home team this year, Essendon should have been directed to design a red-based jumper.
Can someone mock up a reverse of Essendon's ANZAC jumper to see what this would look like (all red poppies with a solid black sash)?
I don’t think that really matters tbh, Collingwood is probs more at fault for not using their white colour as much, see below
(three years ago)

1618822448863.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1106685
very quick job that I did on my phone, but something like does the job. Or a version with red poppys all over the Guernsey with a solid red sash.
Tbh if they’re going to go red it should be a field of poppies with black sash

Edit quick dirty shape dynamics lol

1618824457534.png

That'd be better but we know Essendon's stance on the red sash, so this one probably more realistic.
Unless you take the idea of the clash, put poppies on it with 2 black lines in a sash direction ( sure you could create a meaningful behind the black lines)

It beggars belief how this could be “ticked off” when compared to other match-ups. Would it be okay in a Grand Final?

Isn't it odd how Port and Essendon clash and so do Collingwood and Essendon when Essendon is the home team. But when Collingwood is the home team it's all good. Wonder what sort of algorithm they have down at the AFL, it'd make some good reading.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back