Autopsy Round 6, 2022: Hawks fall over against Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t see a 40 point loss coming. We must’ve stood still the whole last term

Stopped winning it out of the middle and stopped running to provide options. Basically the ball lived in their forward line and it was only a matter of time.

There was one play in the last quarter where Sicily took an intercept mark. He looked around for a solid 10 seconds gesturing for someone to provide an option, nobody did and he kicked it long out of frustration. They took an intercept and rebounded for a goal.

Jaeger Tommy and Worpel does not work but we all know that and I suspect Sammy and Co understand this won’t be us down the track.

Nash as a second ruck…. Yeesh. What do we do with both McEvoy and Reeves down. Ladhams destroyed us after Lynch was on top early.

Both Wardy and CMac look very tired. One of these lads will be rested against the Dees.
Newc after qtr time was cooked and could not raise a gallop.
Sicily had a stinker and looked lazy. Frosty competed hard like he always does but Buddy should have kicked 6 or 7 to be honest .
Finn really needs to learn to kick if he wants to play AFL. The game has moved on from carrying blokes that cannot kick.

I reckon Sammy missed an opportunity today to bring Kosi up into the contest. Time and again we kicked to centre wing with no tall presence to compete.

I will take 3-3 every day of the week but very disappointed to go down by so much in the end . 70 point turnaround is huge.

Gave away a goal within the final 30 seconds of 3 of the 4 quarters 🤦🏻‍♂️😬
All of them, wasn't it?

EDIT: Nope, we gave them a shot in the second, but they missed

Thoroughly outplayed by a much better side after the first 15 minutes. Swans inaccuracy helped us hang in there before the flood gates finally opened.

The midfield started really well with Mitchell and Newcombe, before falling off a cliff and being comprehensively smashed. It remains a major problem.

Missed CJ, especially late, but wouldn't have made a difference.

Not sure Impey can hold his spot after that effort.

I know everone loves Morrison and he does do some nice things here and there but how many mistakes does he make every week. We would be a better side without him in it.
Has been in our top 5-10 players for the year. One okish game and we're "a better side without him"....

Young team with a number of injury forced changes who best a 6-10 ranked team last week and pushed a top 4 team for 3.5 qtrs. Improvement needed but definite progress from last year.

Impey really needs time in the VFL to get back into rythmn.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know everone loves Morrison and he does do some nice things here and there but how many mistakes does he make every week. We would be a better side without him in it.

6 free kicks against today. Think he just get exposed for size and tries too hard to make up for it. Shame because I genuinely think he’s in the top third players in our size in terms of game smarts

Reality check.

Blistering start but need to sustain that through the entire game to hold off good opposition. We squandered chances but so did they.

Our deficiencies in the middle again becomes apparent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 free kicks against today. Think he just get exposed for size and tries too hard to make up for it. Shame because I genuinely think he’s in the top third players in our size in terms of game smarts

Lacks the athleticism to ever be a good AFL player.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mitch Lewis’s importance was shown today. Just lacked a get out target all day.
Looked gas late, not surprising really. Umps got us on a few occasions at bad times, but our midfield was slaughtered after qtr time.
Really should have gone in with another tall forward, but that’s hindsight I guess.

How the fu** did we lose that by 40 points? Unbelievable. I'm pretty livid at that result.
Because we are a young inexperienced team.
We are going to win games we wouldn’t expect to & vice versa.

We are going to have brilliant passages of play & absolute crap passages of play.

Enjoy riding the bumps, try to do it with a grin

Obviously rebuilding I guess but jeez that second half was disappointing. Such a change from the first qtr when we were getting it in there so quickly which made it so easy for our forwards. A lot of poor decisions and skills by many of our important players. Clearly missed Lewis and Lynch will be better for the run around. Jaegs was good. Newcombe getting some attention for the first time in his career will be some nice learning for him too.

After the first qtr was really getting my hopes up about what this team could be but with this being a big loss in the end and another coming against the Dees off a short break more than likely, it puts us back probably where a lot predicted we would be around. Want to see how we go with Lewis, CJ, Bramble and maybe Long in this team. I like Ward and McDonald but they're still clearly a little way off it which is normal, but today was a reminder for Ward. McDonald has been a little fumbly and all that both this week and last week, but that's something that'll improve with more game-time.

Great start and a decent performance for 3/4 pushing a top 4 side. You could feel the game falling away bit by bit until the backline finally broke.

The midfield and rucks were dominated after quarter time. Looking at our best players outside Duke,Chad,Tom they were all in our back 6 Sic,Scrim,Dim,Day!

7 day break off a really tough game against a side that had 10 days and a bruise free game.

Add to that we missed Lewis and CJ, our ruck hadn’t played a game of footy for a month whilst Day and Wingard have had no continuity

Not sure fitness is really the issue here

Your whole post speaks about fitness.

If we could combine him and Finn Maginness we would have a good player. Dont think we can have them in the side moving forward. Need to move away from avarage players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back