Autopsy Round 6, 2022: Hawks fall over against Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Were dominated after the first quarter. No ifs or buts about it. Crying out for a decent mid (or Chad to be 80% mid like late last year)
Weren’t dominated on the scoreboard in second and third quarters. 4th quarter they broke us but this is a team that can win the flag we are playing and after 3 quarters we were winning.

Didn't know where to post it originally but I'll post it here.

It's just the setups at CBAs.

From Wings, Rucks, Mids.

Where they are, Sweeper, Side and Infront of the contest.

How many we won, how many we lost and how many were neutral.

And who won them, with quarter by quarter keeping up who was where at them.

Attachments

• CBAs Wings Rucks CC R6 HAW SYD.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 87

not gonna lie, after flights and accommodation for the game, I would like to invoice hawks for that weak second half
Lets not forget we were 20 points up with not long to go in the 3rd. Mitch I think was right that Sydney are just that little bit ahead of us at the moment but for me, it was Sydneys change of game plan that we couldnt go with. Seems we need to develop our plan B a little better. I noticed Sydneys forwards were taking our intercept markers out wide to the flanks and when the ball hit the contest middle inside 50, they were too far away to impact. Smart tactics we can learn from.

Having serious YouTube problems at the moment regarding copyright, looks like I'll be migrating to Vimeo.

Rough end to the match, but we played some of our best footy all year early. Enjoy!

Really well constructed but that last clip needs editing. Seeing the final score just ruined it for me
Sad Tears GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Hawks have it all. They ran out of petrol, simple, the first part of the first quarter was excellent , but then Sydney got through the blitz and from there on started to get organised, and the younger blokes in the Hawks lost the run the stamina and therefore the plot too.
I think we have a magnificent little set up of future players now, I believe we have the nucleus of another GUN team with depth, and we have the knowledge behind the scenes to teach and train until we can concentrate on the game as well as running it out, younger lungs and super performance four quarters is a hard thing to develop but its part of the process, and it takes time, but I think definitely we turnmed a corner and showed what we will be capable of for much more langer, but Heeney and Buddy sort of only need to do a couple of things and bang, but Frost was great, Newcombe is the real deal, but some of them got lost.

Remember no CJ no Shiels and NO RUCKMEN NONE!, To give poor Connor a rest?

Now, just how bad was Cegs to give away? Is he injured , he still could have been a back up.
I always thought he could on occasion carry the game for the side.

Lets not forget we were 20 points up with not long to go in the 3rd. Mitch I think was right that Sydney are just that little bit ahead of us at the moment but for me, it was Sydneys change of game plan that we couldnt go with. Seems we need to develop our plan B a little better. I noticed Sydneys forwards were taking our intercept markers out wide to the flanks and when the ball hit the contest middle inside 50, they were too far away to impact. Smart tactics we can learn from.
Is it that simple?

Now, just how bad was Cegs to give away? Is he injured , he still could have been a back up.
I always thought he could on occasion carry the game for the side.
If we kept Ceglar we have no Lynch, can't carry heaps of ruckmen just encase of the slim chance you lose your starting 2.

What exactly do you mean by this? He is one our strongest kicks on his opposite foot in our side.

Harrys issue yesterday was an incredible 6 free kicks against which is quite a rare feat. Still had 20 touches, 6 marks and 4 tackles. Also looks a far stronger player in contested situations than he ever has.

If people want to suggest that he won't be in our side in 3 years time when we are hopefully challenging that is totally fine. Nobody can question his output so far this season though. Been consistent and posting career best stats.
I mean he favours his right side a lot and from memory seemed to get caught a few times. Did say he’s had a solid year, so not sure why you’re ranting!

Is it that simple?
With several players under 23, our expectations have to be that they a large part of the next 1-2 years will be learning. I am loving what I am seeing. Further development required no doubt which will be boosted by taking our draft picks next year. (not trading those picks).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back