Preview Round 6 2023: GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s funny how, when trying to explain how many get his name wrong that you have misspelled his name yourself.

Yeah, everyone should know it's spelled Anzwoof by now.

Professor Noah Farnsworth?

professor-farnsworth-futurama-600x338.png

Answerth and Ah Chee are role player types. Our team needs more of them. We currently have a few too many individuals. Even Darcy Gardiner is one who I would consider a role player.

I sat down behind the goals last year behind the cheer squad and will probably perch there again this Saturday. Wasn't close to being sold out last year and would be surprised if this weekend is any different. Bay 11 according to my ticket (this year and last), altho I can't remember whether that's where I actually ended up or not.

I live reasonably close to Canberra, will probably head in for this one. Just checking if anyone knows if there is an area where Lions fans usually sit or just a bit of a crapshoot? Don't want to drown in that famed orange tsunami

I live reasonably close to Canberra, will probably head in for this one. Just checking if anyone knows if there is an area where Lions fans usually sit or just a bit of a crapshoot? Don't want to drown in that famed orange tsunami
I was behind the goals last year, on the right hand goals as you look at the map and there were plenty of Lions fans there. Will be on the hill this year. Doubt you will drown in Beer wine & spirits supporters anywhere. Good view from anywhere on this ground and the forecast is good. Go Lions!

I think Answerth will have to reinvent himself. Wouldn’t mind seeing him run through the midfield or high half forward at times. Has a bit of mongrel but unsure how great he is at winning the ball. His not great down back at all.

He played predominantly through the midfield this week, got 30 and did pretty well.

Edit- he had 6 clearances.

I sat down behind the goals last year behind the cheer squad and will probably perch there again this Saturday. Wasn't close to being sold out last year and would be surprised if this weekend is any different. Bay 11 according to my ticket (this year and last), altho I can't remember whether that's where I actually ended up or not.

Do you know if there is an open training session mate? Contacted the club to try and find out, but no reply.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know if there is an open training session mate? Contacted the club to try and find out, but no reply.

Not sure mate. I won't be arriving till Saturday anyway, so not a major concern either way for me.

I think Linc said tho their captain's run at Manuka will be around 3pm tomorrow. So you may like to sneak a peek at that.

Gunners the only in for Fort
Feel for Fort. We looked much better with him up forward. Straightened us up. I think the Daniher up the ground move is here to stay (thanks fk) which means Fort to give way. But tbh is probably have kept him and leave gunners out another week.

Not sure mate. I won't be arriving till Saturday anyway, so not a major concern either way for me.

I think Linc said tho their captain's run at Manuka will be around 3pm tomorrow. So you may like to sneak a peek at that.

Ripper thanks for that mate. We just arrived today, so was hoping to catch a session tomorrow if it was on. Will head down to check it out. Cheers again

Feel for Fort. We looked much better with him up forward. Straightened us up. I think the Daniher up the ground move is here to stay (thanks fk) which means Fort to give way. But tbh is probably have kept him and leave gunners out another week.
The feeling I have is both Daniher and Hipwood will play up the ground more, while either Gunston (most likely), or one of the small forwards play as our deepest forward for us.

The feeling I have is both Daniher and Hipwood will play up the ground more, while either Gunston (most likely), or one of the small forwards play as our deepest forward for us.

Daniher played pretty deep last week. Maybe when he has to ruck in games then he plays deeper when he's forward to manage fatigue

Was always going to happen, Gunston for Fort. I, like others, would have kept Fort. We really clicked v North, it would have been good to go in unchanged this week.

Lyons, Cockatoo, Madden and Fort named as emergencies. One to be sub. If we stick with the way we've gone about it this year, and I hope we do, Lyons will go back to Vfl n get a full game. The more miles in his legs while he's fit the better.

I'm happy Madden has put himself into calculations again, I like the way he plays. The thought of 3 Irish lads yapping it up on field makes me giggle a bit. May need an interpreter. Cockatoo provides a big body if needed and from reports is much fitter. And we know what Fort brings. Happy with any of them as sub.

I have been watching Raynor up front now, not in a creepy way, and just love the way he struts about; a real rooster.

There's a touch of Alan Jackovich about his attitude and power, Dermie even.

He's taller and heavier than Brad Johnson was who was revolutionary playing deep for the dogs in his prime.

Would love to see him play deep in an empty forward line and let the other team try and find a match up for him.

Giants

B: N.Haynes, S.Taylor, I.Cumming

HB: L.Whitfield, J.Buckley, L.Ash

C: F.Callaghan, J.Kelly, D.Lloyd

HF: B.Daniels, H.Himmelberg, C.Ward

F: T.Greene - C, J.Hogan, J.Peatling

FOLL: M.Flynn, H.Perryman, S.Coniglio

I/C: H.Rowston, A.Cadman, C.Idun, X.O‘Halloran

EMG: C.Brown, J.Riccardi, R.Angwin, A.Kennedy

IN: B.Daniels, H.Perryman

OUT: A.Kennedy (omitted), C.Hamilton (injured), T.Green (suspension)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back