Preview Round 6 2023: GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Answorth shouldn’t be anywhere near the team. McKenna has been outstanding and we look far better with his leg Speed in the backline . I’ve been largely underwhelmed with Coleman so far this season hopefully can work his way into some better form . Just fumbling too much atm .

Anzworth has that dawg in him though. We have few players who compete like him even if some of his skills are rough around the edges. I like his addition in certain circumstances and especially if he can finesse his skills.

re-signing mckenna is a must

he will be a gun player for us over the next 5 years if we can convince him brisbane is his new home
I thought we signed him for 2 years but OOC this year:eek:, yes get him signed up please, offer him another 3 years.

Anzworth has that dawg in him though. We have few players who compete like him even if some of his skills are rough around the edges. I like his addition in certain circumstances and especially if he can finesse his skills.
I get why the coaches love Answerth and likewise love his endeavour but of all the players on our list he's given me the most tearing my hair out moments.

Anzwork still won't be good enough with top 4 teams though.

Will get caught out for leg speed, dawg won't matter then.

Especially because the Bombers are kinda going ok.
He might think they are closer to a flag.
I think he might have avoided Melbourne after the "fish bowl" basically running him out of town with that "omg he went to a legal house inspection" bullshit.

McCluggage last game v Giants - 29 disposals (equal game high), 4 goals (equal with T. Green) 8 marks and 3 Brownlow votes.

He has had a slowish start to season but last week showed improvement.
Hope he is back to his best this week.

Hugh McCluggage (Brisbane)

“It was good to see Hugh McCluggage get back to some impact on the scoreboard with some numbers on the weekend.

“Zero votes from the coaches but we had him as the third-highest rated player on the ground.

“He only had 21 disposals, but the thing McCluggage has been able to be over the last three or four years is not being a high-disposal player but a high-impact player.

“12 score involvements on the weekend and one goal, to put that into context he had kicked zero goals and had 12 score involvements total in his first four weeks.

“It was good to see him get back to form.”

Well, we may have a difference in opinion on whether Bailey's form deserves time in the reserves, but regardless I think rewarding Lohmann's very ordinary form in the reserves with a senior spot sends the wrong message to the many players in the reserves who are playing at a much higher standard than Lohmann.
Lohmann and Tunstill need to get to the back of the bus. A solid season in the ressies will not hurt either player. They also have Ah Chee, Prior, Robertson and Mathieson in front of them. I’d also be giving Fletcher a speculative run before either of them at some stage this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He certainly kicks it like a dawg. Out in the full under no pressure or scrubby kick straight to an opponent are his specialties. Also pretty good at getting caught with the ball.

I get why the coaches love Answerth and likewise love his endeavour but of all the players on our list he's given me the most tearing my hair out moments.
100% THIS

My big call this week is that Sam Taylor will be comprehensively beaten for the first time in a very long time. He’s probably the best key defender in the comp but I think we can unsettle him a little!

Used to be Archie Smith for me.

Still remember him handballing to the guy lying on the ground. Horror.

I will fight you.
Animated GIF

I'm sure Answorth will be dismayed to hear about Ainsworth, Anzworth and Anzwork all being mentioned as potential replacements for him
It’s funny how, when trying to explain how many get his name wrong that you have misspelled his name yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back