Autopsy Round 6, 2023 : Positives and Negatives v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Want some written apologies on BBW, you hacks thought Jamo was a better prospect 😂.

Finally plays some one his own age and tears it up, having a better year than Jackson who’s the only other ruck his age playing and is apparently worth two 1sts.

Put some respect on the man’s name.
Played well today.

Like to see him back that up next week.

BBBW! He will make it, he is starting to put it together game after game just a bit better than the last.

Culley in the forward line, nice work down there with four goals and he applied much needed pressure in our 50.

Waterman good, Kelly, Gaff, JJ, SPS, Hunt all OK.

Negatives, second quarter, again. Shuey injured again. Early goal kicking, again.

At least we are consistent?

Played well today.

Like to see him back that up next week.
He’s been showing a lot since the Cats game late last year.

For a young ruck, he deserves more credit(s).

Want some written apologies on BBW, you hacks thought Jamo was a better prospect 😂.

Finally plays some one his own age and tears it up, having a better year than Jackson who’s the only other ruck his age playing and is apparently worth two 1sts.

Agree with all except the potting of Jamo

Give him a chance too

Rucks take time is a pretty universal rule

Great to see Culley kick 4 and that we have another mid/hybrid to add some versatility. But I didn't have him in my Top 5.
Some good performances out there today as positives. Bailey Williams has huge and played a full 4 quarters. Kelly likewise. Petchs first half was great, much more involvment. I thought Waterman played a fantastic game but he had 2 horrible.clangera in the 3 Rd quarter that the usual haters will grasp onto to reinforce their preconceived ideas but he did a mountain of work all over the ground. Barrass back in form was a delight. Finlayson kicked 5 but only one of them against Tommy and he really frustrated the s**t out of him when he went to him.

Negatives... Shuey, 2nd quarters, Gaffs delivery I50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positives

We're cracking in and playing a style of fast, attacking footy that will win a lot of games when we have the class to actually pull it off. It's far better to watch than the soulless trash we served up last year.

Jai Coleman-ey.

Williams was a beast today. Some players get complacent when there's no option to replace them, but he's just grown in confidence. I've bagged him as hard as anyone and I'm delighted to see him beclowning me.

Negatives

We get carved up on overlapping counterattacks and our backline just looks bewildered a lot of the time. Pitiful lack of synergy there.

Not sure some of you watch the game re Shuey... no soft tissue injury, got his ankle caught in a tackle in the 1st.. came back on and played well but obviously it got the better of him.
i would be willing to bet he was always going to be subbed as part of managing him as well.
i thought until he got subbed he was playing well.

Guess if we had everyone to pick from we'd be a top 8 team.

We are having a crack, playing some kids and gonna collect a bunch more early picks in November.

Just be nice to snag a couple more wins in 2023.

I'd be happy to win 5+ games and go from pick 1-2 to pick 3-4

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

He backed it up from last week. Was solid.
But yeah the call on Williams >>Jamo is premature given Williams has had all the opportunity this year.
I mean back up to this extent he showed today. He had a game like this v Geelong last year. Need more like this.

Want some written apologies on BBW....Put some respect on the man’s name.
Already made mine in the game thread. He's clearly copped it because he's had to step up for NN before he was ready, and I'm very glad that he's showing some skills at last. Not just in the ruck itself but following up with second efforts, roving his own balls and so on.

Not sure some of you watch the game re Shuey... no soft tissue injury, got his ankle caught in a tackle in the 1st.. came back on and played well but obviously it got the better of him.
i would be willing to bet he was always going to be subbed as part of managing him as well.
i thought until he got subbed he was playing well.
I would say he got a bit of the ball, but his disposal is not what it used to be.

Youre a an odd ball.

Good game from williams today but hes playing against someone whos only played 3 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back