Preview Round 7, 2019: Melbourne v Hawthorn, 4 May 2019, 1.45pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlucky not to be graded as "careless" as I don't believe he intended to hit him in the head.

Essentially a week off for what was really an accident yet Hawkins intentional act only gets him a fine.

Just doesn't feel right. But whatever, was probably going to be out with that ankle anyway.

It's not just about the fact that he'll miss a week. It adds to his record and if there's any discretions again then it all adds up. Depending on the footage and if his eyes are on the ball not the man then we will contest the charge. I can see it getting downgraded to careless.

Agree, get the Geelong legal team I say. They'll turn a 1 week suspension into a credit note for the next time. Our legal team gets it tripled....
Its not the legal team. Its just being Hawthorn. Any time one of ours gets sited I just accept they will get time.

Its not the legal team. Its just being Hawthorn. Any time one of ours gets sited I just accept they will get time.
It's the legal team. Geelong go in all smoke and mirrors and bring in enough footage, experts, etc. to get the jury thinking there is enough grey area to get it overturned. We go in with no game plan hoping for a change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw the Cousins incident - how the MRP measured that as intentional is a little staggering.

Hawthorn will fight that and win. Nothing surer.

When was the last time our club appeal and win? Perhaps Hodgey on Murphy if I remember correctly. Already given up on MRP/O since long time ago.

When was the last time our club appeal and win? Perhaps Hodgey on Murphy if I remember correctly. Already given up on MRP/O since long time ago.
It's amazing how poorly our legal team argues these MRP rulings. I can understand if they lose because the AFL/MRP are stubborn, but I can't recall the last time we've given ourselves a good shot with a decent argument.

If we did argue it they'd just walk in there and say "We think it should be downgraded as he didn't mean it". They'd fail to mention his non-existent prior record at AFL/VFL (I assume he's never been cited for anything at VFL level), the fact the Carlton player got up and played out the game at the same level. And even though they say there are no precedents used, using them would still making for a compelling case.

At least Cousins only got one week. We're probably overdue an occurrence of "potential to cause injury" being trotted out.

Disagree. Each to their own though I guess.

But god damn, just how vocal are you! To get warned in the MCC you need to be acting like a proper campaigner, ive never seen it happen in the 19 years ive been a member.

I would be furious if took a mate in as a guest and he acted out so badly that he got warned, not once, but TWICE, putting my own membership in jeopardy.

Warned by other patrons, it wasn’t from staff.. oppo supporters. Pretty standard stuff to be honest, deadset bunch of tossas in MCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back