Preview Round 7, 2019: Melbourne v Hawthorn, 4 May 2019, 1.45pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That game was infuriating because we had them on toast, but the loss of JOM, Stratton and the injury to Tom just couldn't have come at a worse time.
They were absolute shite but we were more shite that night. Was good seeing them get smashed in the prelim because I hated being beaten by a shit team in a final

Man - their kicking was woeful against us. So not prelim material. Time to bury their season I say

Melbourne do worry me from the POV that they could potentially wake up and start playing that quality football again. No doubt it will happen at some point. I just hope it doesn't happen this week.
Possible, but I don't think the Hawks will start so slackly again. Bit of a hangover after playing Geelong, I think fans have underestimated that performance a bit, Gelongs evisceration of last week of the Eagles puts the performance in truer perspective.

Possible, but I don't think the Hawks will start so slackly again. Bit of a hangover after playing Geelong, I think fans have underestimated that performance a bit, Gelongs evisceration of last week of the Eagles puts the performance in truer perspective.
Their ears are still ringing from Clarko’s half time bake too probably

Melbourne do worry me from the POV that they could potentially wake up and start playing that quality football again. No doubt it will happen at some point. I just hope it doesn't happen this week.

Won’t surprise me if they do - a game we should win but really should have beaten the saint, bulldogs also and look what happened there

But I will be there cheering the hawks on to hopefully a good solid win

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hasn't Kosi only played the 1-2 Box Hill games?

Yep, he had an interrupted pre-season. Would have thought he was a month of BHH footy at least before even being match fit for AFL, but body is surely at least another pre-season away?

Expect we will go TO and Mirra and McEvoy will be asked to drop back at times. Maybe we bring in two rucks to keep Gawn busy and drop one back behind the ball, when the one playing up forward is rucking against Gawn.

Could line up:

HB: Impey - Mirra - Sicily
FB: Hardwick - O'Brien - Stratton

Yep, he had an interrupted pre-season. Would have thought he was a month of BHH footy at least before even being match fit for AFL, but body is surely at least another pre-season away?

Expect we will go TO and Mirra and McEvoy will be asked to drop back at times. Maybe we bring in two rucks to keep Gawn busy and drop one back behind the ball, when the one playing up forward is rucking against Gawn.

Could line up:

HB: Impey - Mirra - Sicily
FB: Hardwick - O'Brien - Stratton

I'd say it's pretty rare for a key position backman to play in their first season... I can't think of one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back