Preview Round 7: Bloods vs Hawthorn 4pm Sunday @ the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parker is a necessary player who will help this team. He’s not quite at his best anymore, but we need him in the side for contested ball winning, experience in big games, leadership, and I think he has a lot of value to give as a forward as well as an on-baller. His role won’t be what it was even 12 months ago; he won’t be doing the bulk of centre bounces anymore I’m sure. Rowbottom and Heeney are the primary guys there alongside Warner. But I have no doubt he’ll play midfield and forward and show his value. He’s been too good a player to just fall off a cliff and not demonstrate his value. Not to say his time isn’t coming, but he’ll be valuable this year imo.

He certainly has earned the chance to demonstrate the value .

I think there are questions to be answered though

I don't want him within a ten mile radius of the midfield, but Parker is a gun in general play and inside 50. This is a guy who can pull amazing highlights out of his arse, can actually stick a tackle, has great goal sense, and can offer genuine leadership across the field. He's a massive asset and is still a better player than most in our team.

No way. All 3 of those have been playing really well. Also, we need Fox & Cunningham down back as Rampe is still out. JJ has been nothing but excellent for us. He stays.
I think Fox has shown his value up forward even when Rampe comes back. Cunningham is our only lockdown small.

If we drop either of them, even after Rampe's return, the selectors should be next in line.

I don't want him within a ten mile radius of the midfield, but Parker is a gun in general play and inside 50. This is a guy who can pull amazing highlights out of his arse, can actually stick a tackle, has great goal sense, and can offer genuine leadership across the field. He's a massive asset and is still a better player than most in our team.

Agree but only in relation to cb stoppages… don’t mind him having the odd run in cbs.

Obviously it will be great to have him back. None are smarter or tougher.

Parker trained fully on Wednesday but after eight weeks out is not guaranteed a spot straight back into the AFL side for Sunday's clash against Hawthorn.

Nick Blakey and Tom McCartin both ran laps at Wednesday's session after copping niggling injuries in the win over Gold Coast, as did Taylor Adams and Justin McInerney, but they are likely to all train fully later in the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ginnivan !
I seeeeeeee.

Yeah my worry with him is that the umpiring has gone so far one way with him that it's inevitable it will tip back the other way. I really hope that doesn't happen this week, and our players, especially Cunningham, Florent, Roberts etc. will have to be on high alert for it.

I’m on the fence regarding Parker.

He can certainly add something but my one and only concern is how it impacts Heeney’s game. We cannot entertain any positional change that stops the freight train that is Isaac Heeney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He certainly has earned the chance to demonstrate the value .

I think there are questions to be answered though
What questions need to be answered other than has he learned not to helicopter kick the ball during his sabbatical ?
Mate he is walkup best 22 with this current team unless of course the arm was amputated.

What questions need to be answered other than has he learned not to helicopter kick the ball during his sabbatical ?
Mate he is walkup best 22 with this current team unless of course the arm was amputated.

How he fits?

He can't kick for s**t and we have developed into a precision team and second half of last year he looked 45, so fitness mostly

If he is fit and can win contested possies still then yep walks in.

But in the final he had to go hide forward (where he lifted )

and of course No one should waltz in after missing a few months of footy

Finally big question - who is he replacing ? easy to say he walks up , which spot he taking?

I've seen people say campbell, so ok Parker is sub , cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back