Autopsy Round 7: Changes v Gold Coast - Garland, Michie, Stretch, Oliver in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I go to every casey game that doesn't clash with me playing, my partner also works for them. Don't be a condescending twat.
Tim I was responding to The Count. And I was not being condescending, particularly to you but I apologise if you were offended. All I meant was you see and notice more if you are at the game. It helps you understand more of whats going on. For example I think Viv's game on Sunday was based on what Murphy (a favourite I watch a lot) at the Bulldogs does, attacking of the HBF.

Tim I was responding to The Count. And I was not being condescending, particularly to you but I apologise if you were offended. All I meant was you see and notice more if you are at the game. It helps you understand more of whats going on. For example I think Viv's game on Sunday was based on what Murphy (a favourite I watch a lot) at the Bulldogs does, attacking of the HBF.
The count was agreeing with my points, so it seemed to be at both of us.

Always hate this argument. Coaches, like anybody, can make mistakes, them being "those that matter" don't make their opinion of a player any more correct than a fan ...

You may hate the argument, but professional coaches are professional coaches not just because they can do more, but because they know more.

You may hate the argument, but professional coaches are professional coaches not just because they can do more, but because they know more.
Coaches make mistakes on a weekly basis. As I said, it's a lazy tactic to stop dissenting opinion.

Apply the same reasoning to anyone who questions a politician. See how stupid you look.

Coaches make mistakes on a weekly basis. As I said, it's a lazy tactic.......

I think the difference is that coaches have so much more data to base their decisions on. Everything from fitness, mind set, personal life etc. odds are in their favour to get it right more than us on the sidelines. But yes, they will at times get it wrong.

I think the difference is that coaches have so much more data to base their decisions on. Everything from fitness, mind set, personal life etc. odds are in their favour to get it right more than us on the sidelines. But yes, they will at times get it wrong.
Again it doesn't change the point. My opinion on michie was disputed because the coaches selected him, as if the coaches opinion invalidates anything dissenting. That's my problem

Again it doesn't change the point. My opinion on michie was disputed because the coaches selected him, as if the coaches opinion invalidates anything dissenting. That's my problem
Except you got angry because you misinterpreted his post.

Roos and Plapp both reckon Viv has been the most consistent. Had an absolute blinder on Sunday off the HBF. Clearly those that matter think differently to your assessment.

Clearly states that those that matter (ie the coaching staff) think differently (ie have a different opinion than you) and selected accordingly because they can (ie because they select the team).

None of that was condescending.

Except you got angry because you misinterpreted his post.

Clearly states that those that matter (ie the coaching staff) think differently (ie have a different opinion than you) and selected accordingly because they can (ie because they select the team).

None of that was condescending.
It's a response to my point. It's not attempting to say why he disagrees, it's implication is pretty clear. Why else respond to people with that if you're not using it to invalidate an opinion?

It's a response to my point. It's not attempting to say why he disagrees, it's implication is pretty clear. Why else respond to people with that if you're not using it to invalidate an opinion?

There's nothing wrong with merely pointing out what his coaches thought about his game, relax dude no need to get riled up.

There's nothing wrong with merely pointing out what his coaches thought about his game, relax dude no need to get riled up.
When was I getting riled up? I pointed out it was lazy argumentative technique...
Possibly the opposite of riled up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long did you get stuck with the sig / avatar? I'm getting pretty tired of being the back of Blake Acres

I get to ditch them middle of next week. I've been like a prisoner scratching the days into the wall of his cell.

Perhaps ANB's KPIs amount to more than just 'see ball, get ball'. We have enough players like him already, maybe they're moulding him in the two's to play a new role?

Perhaps ANB's KPIs amount to more than just 'see ball, get ball'. We have enough players like him already, maybe they're moulding him in the two's to play a new role?
He's a bit more than that. His tackling is a huge part of his game
They seem to be moulding him into a mid if anything

I compared ANB to Dane Swan when he was drafted and i stand by that. Does nothing flash but constantly gets the job done. Sneaky good forward also who can kick a handful out of nowhere (ala against Geelong last year).

Obviously to get to Swan levels he needs elite endurance, something that can be achieved further along.

Im already starting to worry that he will * off home if we arent giving him a chance. Def dont wont to lose him, especially for sweet FA if he isnt getting a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back