Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Them by a lot

Votes: 28 56.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

cough it up in the first quarter, chase it down by 3qt and then pass out from exertion

or without a decent Laverde replacement, cough it up and then go home at quarter time, leaving Geelong to their training run

Solid chance Weideman goes back too

If Weideman goes back (I personally don’t think it happens, I think he stays forward) - who comes in? You’d think Jones would have to play a game at VFL level to ‘earn’ a call up. Scott doesn’t seem to rate Voss. I don’t think you can just roll with Stringer and Langford, can you?

Main thing I get from that is that they are at least considering playing Weid in defence (hence the Jones inclusion). Obviously not going down the Monty path just yet which would be a tough ask for him against Cats. Or they are considering resting Phillips and play both Jones and Weid forward.

Wonder if Weideman goes back, particularly with Jones in. Otherwise we are very short in the backline.
I would almost expect it. Weid was mentioned as a potential defender a few times in interviews around trade period, I'm sure one of those was an interview with either Mahoney or Scott, (maybe both?) rather than a list manager covering his bases

Ralph Wiggum Danger GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would roll the dice and send Weid to Hawkins. I assume Cats will go with two rucks so BZK may be needed to play on second ruckman.

Watch out for Hawkins rucking against undersized defenders inside 50! He has feasted on this for years now..

Jones, Stringer, Langford and second ruck as our forwards.

Wonder if Weideman goes back, particularly with Jones in. Otherwise we are very short in the backline.
Or one of the rucks is rested and Weideman plays second ruck. Does not solve the backline issue of course.

I suspect Flip is "managed". Langford and Hind in defence with Ridley going to Cameron. Jones, Weideman and Stringer the main forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back