VFL Round 8, 2018: Sandringham v Werribee - TBB Oval, Sunday 27th May, 2:00PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't at the ground but watched it , do you think Goddard is more mobile than Roma ?
I do think so, but stand to be corrected on it cuz I am no guru hehe

But also for long term, I think Goddard is more a KPB, Roma is more Ruck/KPF to me, but once again no guru.

Plus I just feel giving Hugh a taste of it again will hopefully get him switched onto improving, if he isnt already switched on that is

bummed we had such a convincing win yet battle couldn't really cash in. Kinda game you'd hope he kicks 6 and demands a spot. won't be long till bruce is back in the mix and it's that much harder to get a gig

Saw Bruce at the ground. He didn't look like he was moving around well at all. Looked very sore and proppy to me.

Saw Bruce at the ground. He didn't look like he was moving around well at all. Looked very sore and proppy to me.
Maybe he's had a set back.....saw him at training at RSEA pre Pies game....was running around quite freely that afternoon.

BoG for my main man Dave!

Looks like this confirms his level. He can rack up possessions in the VFL but not get enough of it in our current forward line at AFL level and the younger players are more value in the midfield. He can play out the rest of the season in the VFL and, as others have said, only get promoted if Dunstan or Steele are injured and he can come in and play an inside mid role.

That goal tap in from the pocket today is nice.
But not Ray’s best.
That was a jaw dropper.
Last year, same pocket, and just used his speed. Bang!
We are going to get pumped by the Weagles if we rock up next week with a “standard” game plan.
Hickey is our most critical player for that game.
If he cannot negate the Weagles rucks, we’ll be murdered.
If he can place some constraint on their dominance, we have a chance.
We need to mix it up and hopefully play against expectations.
Speed is one way.
Risky, but heh.
Here for a good time....

So can we just have a foot race at training with the first 22 home being on the plane to Perth. Or maybe the first 21 plus Hickey.

BoG for my main man Dave!

Looks like this confirms his level. He can rack up possessions in the VFL but not get enough of it in our current forward line at AFL level and the younger players are more value in the midfield. He can play out the rest of the season in the VFL and, as others have said, only get promoted if Dunstan or Steele are injured and he can come in and play an inside mid role.

I was liking the post up until the point you mention about Dunstan getting injured. Looks like Dunstan out Armo in this week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given Carlisle has been rubbed out.
Who was best performed from our KPD's at Sandy.
Joyce? Goddard? Clav?
or are we going to swing Marshall back in order to have a vaguely reasonable backup ruck?

Dont see us going up against the Eagles with 1 KPD vs. Kennedy, Darling and Lycett.

Given Carlisle has been rubbed out.
Who was best performed from our KPD's at Sandy.
Joyce? Goddard? Clav?
or are we going to swing Marshall back in order to have a vaguely reasonable backup ruck?

Dont see us going up against the Eagles with 1 KPD vs. Kennedy, Darling and Lycett.
I admit it's a rough art, but Joyce has been in the *bests for 3 of our 7 games, including a BOG.

Austin zero out of 5, and both Goddard and Clavarino zero out of 7.

You do the maths. :)

*Edit: Note this is from the VFL site post-game reports.

Last edited:
If you disagree with my post that's fine but keep your personal skipper clip to yourself
Personal? Get over yourself champ.
No s**t Sherlock.
It's a metaphor in praise of the human spirit!
Suggesting people will try to overcome or prolong their eventual demise.
No. Really? I for one am shocked. SHOCKED!

Armo is a warrior, and a top drawer bloke, but he’s done. His body won’t let him be an AFL gun anymore, and a tired journeyman is just taking games from kids we need to blood.

Personal? Get over yourself champ.

No. Really? I for one am shocked. SHOCKED!

Armo is a warrior, and a top drawer bloke, but he’s done. His body won’t let him be an AFL gun anymore, and a tired journeyman is just taking games from kids we need to blood.
Bullsglhit he can more than hold his own with the feeble Dunstan..ultra reactionary Steele or ec
ven the timidity of Ross.

oLBoTDK.png

iuUbnn9.png

Bullsglhit he can more than hold his own with the feeble Dunstan..ultra reactionary Steele or ec
ven the timidity of Ross.
You know what? I really hope so, because I love the bloke, he’s been a favourite for a long time.

I just don’t think I’m wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back