HB: Will Day, James Sicily, Blake Hardwick
C: Jarman Impey, Tom Mitchell, Josh Ward
HF: Finn Maginness, Jacob Koschitzke, Dylan Moore
F: Jaeger O'Meara, Jackson Callow, Luke Breust
R: Max Lynch, Jai Newcombe, Chad Wingard
Int: James Worpel, Harry Morrison, Jack Gunston, Denver Grainger-Barras

Emer: Daniel Howe, Conor Nash, Connor Macdonald, Liam Shiels

IN: Ward, Grainger-Barras, Morrison
OUT: Macdonald (managed), Nash (managed), Shiels (managed), Howe (sub)

Emer: Daniel Howe, Conor Nash, Connor Macdonald, Liam Shiels

Does Nash grab the sub if he gets through a test tomorrow?
Would imagine Shiels does tbh- maybe Howe.
Nashy actually had an injury, Howe was sub last week and Shiels I'd imagine is out due to youth needing game time.
I think Shiels has the most to offer.

Would love to roll the dice and chuck DGB on 2mp.

Really glad that Finn maintained his spot. Would love to see him have a similar role this week on one of Hind, Zerrett, or Parish. I think if he goes to Parish he'll have a great opportunity to show that he is capable of tagging and getting his own ball, I think the inside mid game suits him more and I can see this being a real big game for him.

On a similar note I think Ward is ripe for a big game. We know the lad can accumulate and use the pill well, this week we're up against one of the lowest pressure teams in the comp, who is riddled with injury and disease.
Flowing from that though, in previous years this is the kind of game that would have scared me the most; we should win, media bashing the crap out of them, us coming off an honourable performance. This season I think our game plan will actually result in a real nice performance from our lads again.

I am not sure how Finn goes against a Parish. I think in traffic he could get lost a bit. The role against Langdon while ridiculously demanding physically was pretty straight forward because Langdon just runs up and down the boundary all day getting receives and give and goes. Parish in the centre and in contested ball situations is a different animal entirely.

Would imagine Shiels does tbh- maybe Howe.
Nashy actually had an injury, Howe was sub last week and Shiels I'd imagine is out due to youth needing game time.
I think Shiels has the most to offer.
I'd say it would be Shiels. He's on game 246.....reckon the club would love to get him to 250

I am not sure how Finn goes against a Parish. I think in traffic he could get lost a bit. The role against Langdon while ridiculously demanding physically was pretty straight forward because Langdon just runs up and down the boundary all day getting receives and give and goes. Parish in the centre and in contested ball situations is a different animal entirely.
I reckon he can match him on the inside for strength too. It's a good match up.

Finn to Merrett the most likely if he's doing a tagging role.

Parish isn't damaging enough.

Hind can barely keep a spot in the senior team so I don't see him as a threat right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This might sound crazy but I'd almost put finn next to Nic martin if he gets a role, He is a bit like jai high impact per possession player . I'm not worried by merrett, still severely underdone and parish is pretty content playing for himself atm.

Does Finn lock Parish?
No. It is a lot different locking down a wingman than an onballer. If you start tagging someone in the middle it can really mess with your centre square structure.
Play our best and Essendon should be worrying about how to contain us rather than the other way around

Such a huge game for us, could be a good % booster if they play their s**t gameplan like they've been doing, but it could be a good game of footy aswell.

Essendon the rivalry, i am keen to see them lose and go to 1-7.

Big games for a few of our boys, Sicily loves playing them, still remember the Daniher high five.

Tom Mitchell seems to enjoy playing against them aswell and was good last week with only 71% TOG (went off with the blood rule and a few other things) and will be looking to probably go up idk 15% TOG which just shows how good he was to have the game he did last week.

Worps was good last week, he'll look to continue on from that.

-
Few big ones tho, Newk will be that physical presence if Essendon turn up defensively. Unlikely but who knows.

Fired up Frosty to go on 2MP, not many worries outside of him down there tbh. DGB/Sic can float on the other key forwards and resting rucks and probably peel off a bit. With their lack of pressure we could really cut them open with our ball movement, we may even do well in the middle with the pressure we'll apply to their handball happy midfield.

Big one for me is Ward, get's the week off and get's to play (as a Hawks fan) against one of our biggest rivals. Will be fresh, ready to gut run all game, he can find it in and outside, use it and is a player we just need to get going even tho it's only going to be his 7th game.

Get up and about, it'd be good to smash them but i'd be happy with a win.

We don't want Parish getting another 40. Wont end well.

I like Parish, but I think last year and early this season has proven that he can get 40 touches and it mostly doesn't end well for Essendon, as opposed to their opposition.

He got 3 Brownlow votes in some heavy losses last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back