Preview Round 8, 2023 : Fremantle v Hawthorn, Optus Stadium 7:30pm Sat May 6th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must've been one of the few that would've pefered Ramma as the 2nd fwd over Meek. Reeves rucked 101 minutes out of 120 last week and played arguably his best game of the year. Meek comes in kicking 1 goal from 5 games and is yet to take a mark inside 50 so really all he is doing is stealing Reeves minutes in the ruck.

But good luck to him playing against his former club.
I want to see Reeves do it on the G. Until he does not confident he can ruck minutes like a Goldstein. Gut feel is the narrower ground at Marvel suited Reeves more. Can't doubt his development though he was amazing and a bulldogs mate said it was the first time English had been beaten all season.

Hoping Lewis back means Meek can be a target around the ground and not be relied upon up fwd.

Sicily weighed 37kgs as a draftee and was contending for a spot in a team that just completed one of th greatest eras of all time with one of the greatest ever forward lines.

2Macs are much more developed and the team is one of the worst Hawthorn line-ups in 20 years.
They can grow, learn and develop in the seniors IMO.
37kgs? Was he 11?

Better late than never i thought your faith was wavering given i hadn't seen you with this earlier in the week

Never wavered and confident on this one, so confident that I thought I would take my time

Sicily weighed 37kgs as a draftee and was contending for a spot in a team that just completed one of th greatest eras of all time with one of the greatest ever forward lines.

2Macs are much more developed and the team is one of the worst Hawthorn line-ups in 20 years.

Rare photo of Sic’s first skinfold.

6290C76A-99A1-402D-BBD1-19F9454853D6.png

Yes, and he was also thrown back into the VFL in 2017 when we didn't have one of the greatest teams of the era. Was that the wrong thing to do? Clearly not, the ability to learn new things in the VFL without the pressure of the AFL helps these players.

Breust “managed” at 33 - yep makes sense.

CJ “managed” at 22 - give me a spell. He’s been omitted and rightly so.

Meek for Ramsden makes sense, though I would have been happy for Ramma to have stayed in the 23 to have another dip.

Freo are 2-5 and seriously battling. Meek / Reeves to hammer the injured Darcy and out of form Jackson. Just need our mids to use the ball better when we win it and go inside 50. Get the ball into the hands of Day, Amon & McDonald please.

We are a damn good underdog here and frankly I expect us to win this one, quite comfortably.

Hawks by 4-5 goals.
CJ is carrying a slight niggle. Needs a rest.

Yes, and he was also thrown back into the VFL in 2017 when we didn't have one of the greatest teams of the era. Was that the wrong thing to do? Clearly not, the ability to learn new things in the VFL without the pressure of the AFL helps these players.
That team still had Roughead, Gunston, Breust, Puopolo, Burgoyne...and we still had hope for more mature players like Schoe, TOB etc
Maybe it was the right move for Sicily at that time, but not the right thing for 2Macs at this time.

You mean 73??

Good team, hoping MacKenzie is the sub out of those option.
Breust and CJ have both been down this year, so not much of a loss and a good chance to get over their niggles.

I always think your leading goal kicker out is somewhat of a loss.

Peak Breust or not, someone else has to kick those goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Rama goes back to Box Hill and Meek is brought up to the seniors, it means Rama will be the sole ruck at Box Hill which isn't something that he's ready for yet, especially with him doing the majority of his training as a forward.
Love Maca. Glad to see him back. Meek needs to throw himself around more and kick some aerial arse
So you’re saying he needs to be less meek?

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back