Preview Round 8, 2023 : Fremantle v Hawthorn, Optus Stadium 7:30pm Sat May 6th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn’t target Meek for over 12 months to be a place holder though. Like a lot of other clubs we saw the potential in him.
Unless he develops a forward game I can’t see him succeeding with us, and personally i can’t ever see him becoming a competent forward. I think he could be a decent number one ruck somewhere else but I don’t think he’ll overtake noodle as ours

Unless he develops a forward game I can’t see him succeeding with us, and personally i can’t ever see him becoming a competent forward. I think he could be a decent number one ruck somewhere else but I don’t think he’ll overtake noodle as ours
Like Noodle he’s only a baby in rucking terms.

We need to keep Young, Ryan and Cox accountable.

I think having Lewis and a resting ruck in the F50 will keep Cox accountable. But the other two need to he stopped from running around and getting easy kicks.

Reminds me of the mid-90s World Series days with the banner completion each summer that just devolved into people making ridiculous paragraphs using puns out of every player's surname with Toyota logos used as any 'o' to ensure they got their prizemoney increased - 'India you have been WARNEd, Aussies have declared WAUGH and we have a RIEFEL...' and so on.
Bad take.
Some of those banners were awesome & very clever.

Out of all the teams we’ve seen over the years has 2 genuine rucks ever worked to a high standard? Last combo I can remember working was Cox and nicnat. I feel like meek might be a place holder till we can find a stronger forward who can relief ruck.
Richmond looked their best with Soldo and Nank imo. Melbourne with Jackson and Gawn, Jackson is certainly a better ruck than he is a forward. Even for us, Hale was a ruck first and forward second if you judge on his hit outs. Hale and McEvoy were a dangerous combo.

I don't think it's that the 2 ruck system hasn't worked, it's more that there really aren't enough rucks to go around where most teams can field 2 who are solid AFL contributors. So why would you go out of your way to play 2 rucks when one isn't up to it?

We didn’t target Meek for over 12 months to be a place holder though. Like a lot of other clubs we saw the potential in him.
Unfortunately you’re right we did target meek But I think we got it wrong he looks scared to go for contested marks doesn’t seem to hit the right positions and overall has no real upside that I could see perhaps I’m wrong. I think Ramsden though could be a star alongside Reeves just my opinion but I do see why we went for Meek I just think it’s a fail. Not all these trades work out

I
Unfortunately you’re right we did target meek But I think we got it wrong he looks scared to go for contested marks doesn’t seem to hit the right positions and overall has no real upside that I could see perhaps I’m wrong. I think Ramsden though could be a star alongside Reeves just my opinion but I do see why we went for Meek I just think it’s a fail. Not all these trades work out
I reckon we may take this bloke in the mid season for long term, Clay Tucker Draft Profile

If meek can work out how to be aggressive with his size then that’s a bonus. Wouldn’t be the worst thing letting reeves and Ramsden take the positions and push their development.

He’s just started with a new club. He had a great game for box hill so hoping that gives him confidence to come back and play to his strengths. He has already shown he can mark in general play in a few games this year,l. He doesn’t need to be a world beater, he just needs to compete in the ruck and up forward be a bailout option in the square and get the ball to ground. Hoping he can kick a goal every second week starting this week!

Yeah, but you have tried to start at least 4 different accounts relating to Harley Reid, you’ve been threadbanned due to only ever posting that we need to tank for him and you’ve spent the best part of the last 6 months on here telling opposition boards that you don’t want Hawthorn to win a game, so you’re an idiot who’s opinion means nothing to me at all.

It's round 8 of his first season on our list and he's a 24 years old ruckman.

Patience.

Meek is a number 1 ruck and why he had his struggles for form at freo. Like the box Hill game he would go back to peel thunder and be the main man and ruck for the majority of the game and dominate .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, but you have tried to start at least 4 different accounts relating to Harley Reid, you’ve been threadbanned due to only ever posting that we need to tank for him and you’ve spent the best part of the last 6 months on here telling opposition boards that you don’t want Hawthorn to win a game, so you’re an idiot who’s opinion means nothing to me at all.
psychic-will-ferrell.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back