Preview Round 8, 2023 : Fremantle v Hawthorn, Optus Stadium 7:30pm Sat May 6th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changes and all that in here.

Be respectful to our players or be removed.

ROUND 8 TEAM
Hawthorn v Fremantle

Optus Stadium, 5.30pm (AWST)/7.30pm (AEST)

B:
Josh Weddle, James Sicily, Sam Frost
HB:
Will Day, Blake Hardwick, Jarman Impey
C:
Karl Amon, James Worpel, Harry Morrison
HF:
Tyler Brockman, Fergus Greene, Dylan Moore
F:
Mitch lewis, Lloyd Meek, Chad Wingard
R:
Ned Reeves, Josh Ward, Jai Newcombe
INT:
Seamus Mitchell, Conor Nash, Jack Scrimshaw, Connor Macdonald

Emer: Finn Maginness, Lachlan Bramble, Cam Mackenzie, Sam Butler

In: Jack Scimshaw, Lloyd Meek, Connor Macdonald
Out:
Luke Breust (managed), Changkuoth Jiath (managed), Max Ramsden (omitted)

Last edited by a moderator:
IN: Grainger-Barras, MacKenzie

OUT: Jiath (omitted), Mitchell (omitted)

B: Hardwick, Frost, Impey

HB: Scrimshaw, Grainger-Barras, Sicily

C: Ward, Worpel, Amon

HF: Moore, Greene, Wingard

F: Breust, Lewis, Brockman

R: Reeves, Newcombe, Nash

INT: MacKenzie, Morrison, Weddle, Ramsden, Bramble (Sub)

EMG: Jiath, MacDonald, Koschitzke, O’Sullivan

Outs - Mitchell SAM. As Jeffrey would suggest, let me coach Box Hill next week.

That was one of the most horrible coaching performances in long time. 3 goals down in the last quarter and we were dominating possession for the first 6 to 7 minutes and we are plying keepings off. Where was the run and gun and flair?? Instead, chip chip chip - sideways sideways sideways.

I would have rather have got blown out of the water then playing conversative when we were still in the game - absolutely horrible tactics!

OUT
CJ - poor start to the season, not offering enough offensively or defensively. Far too fumble.

Ramsden - had a taste, but was off the pace. I won't be upset if he stays in the side though and plays more as a second KPF as Darcy will destroy him in the ruck.

Greene - pending fitness? Maybe dropped too as he had a bit of a stinker.

Morrison - average game and made some costly errors. One real nice kick though. Won't happen, but I'd like to see him dropped and allow Weddle, Ward and Amon to control our wings.

IN
Scrimshaw - takes CJ's spot.

Meek - wouldn't be unhappy to see Ramsden be given another game. Though Darcy is an absolute beast and Meek is at least a seasoned body.

Butler - for Greene if he's injured or dropped.

DGB - comes in to play on Amiss. Frees up Sicily and allows Weddle to potentially play further afield.

Last edited:
Yeah remember that. A classic GF entertainment moment along with Billy Idol’s power failure at the 02 NRL decider.
Hold my beer
ElFFNHzUcAYBdqT.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like to see us go a little more direct and quickly in the back half this week. We’ve really gone into our shell lately.

It looks alright when our mids are on top. But when they aren’t we move it so slowly that teams are able to set up a wall behind the ball.

Need to go quickly before it happens.

IN: Grainger-Barras, MacKenzie

OUT: Jiath (omitted), Mitchell (omitted)

B: Hardwick, Frost, Impey

HB: Scrimshaw, Grainger-Barras, Sicily

C: Ward, Worpel, Amon

HF: Moore, Greene, Wingard

F: Breust, Lewis, Brockman

R: Reeves, Newcombe, Nash

INT: MacKenzie, Morrison, Weddle, Ramsden, Bramble (Sub)

EMG: Jiath, MacDonald, Koschitzke, O’Sullivan
No Day. Whoops

Yeah remember that. A classic GF entertainment moment along with Billy Idol’s power failure at the 02 NRL decider.

It didn’t come through on the broadcast but at the 2019 NRL grand final part of the stage kept setting on fire after some fireworks went off and this poor bloke had to stand on a ladder for 15 minutes spraying it with a fire extinguisher every time it flared back up. Vintage NRL.

Back to Freo, I really hope we can get the W here because with West Coast over here two weeks later it could be a golden opportunity for us to have 3 wins on the board. After all the negative press I think having 3 wins on the board and climbing off the bottom would be good for the confidence of the side overall.

Not really sure what our game style is. Currently seems like it’s just a win your contest and then figure out a move afterwards. We won the disposal count against the dogs but that was more due to the fact we choose the wrong option and had to redirect play through multiple possessions.

Every time the hawks come to Perth I have to fly back to work. Spewing because I think we are a real chance to win this one

Out: Bruest Managed, Wingard Managed, Jaith, Greene inj?

In: Butler, Mackenzie, MacDonald and Stephens.

Outs - Mitchell SAM. As Jeffrey would suggest, let me coach Box Hill next week.

That was one of the most horrible coaching performances in long time. 3 goals down in the last quarter and we were dominating possession for the first 6 to 7 minutes and we are plying keepings off. Where was the run and gun and flair?? Instead, chip chip chip - sideways sideways sideways.

I would have rather have got blown out of the water then playing conversative when we were still in the game - absolutely horrible tactics!

This ain't real right?

You don't think it had anything to do with the opposition tightening up their defensive structures? Both sides were goalless for a long period of the final quarter.

If we are continuing with the two talls in Lewis and Ramsden, then I'm not sure we can also play all three of Breust, Greene and Wingard. These three as a unit don't have enough pace or add enough defensive pressure.

Ideally play two and you could probably find an argument for keeping any two over the third. Brockman stays.

Breust will likely always manage to get on the scoreboard but is noticeably slowing down. Wingard is working hard but his pace is nothing like it was and his goalkicking has become unreliable. He is becoming our almost man. Greene gives his all and knows how to work into space and kick goals. But he is the least talented of the three and despite a good start to the season might find himself most under the pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back