Preview Round 8, 2023 : Fremantle v Hawthorn, Optus Stadium 7:30pm Sat May 6th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not overly excited with Meek coming in. Completely underwhelming in his 1st 5 senior games with us. Rather ruck Reeves 80% with someone else pinch hitting. Hopefully he proves me wrong against his old side!

Was best on ground for BH last week and has been training against Sean Darcy for his whole career. I’m sure he will know a few of Freo’s strengths and be able to share his knowledge with Reeves and the wider playing group. Important selection for mine over a developing Ramsden who clearly needs to just bulk up.

Was best on ground for BH last week and has been training against Sean Darcy for his whole career. I’m sure he will know a few of Freo’s strengths and be able to share his knowledge with Reeves and the wider playing group. Important selection for mine over a developing Ramsden who clearly needs to just bulk up.
Reeves played arguably his best game last week without an established 2nd ruckman. Meek needs to impose himself more and definitely take some grabs when pushed forward. Not a fan of 2 ruckman who offer very little else playing other positions on the ground.

Lock it in

That reminds me of the sorts of cardboard signs with inane stats on them that Indian cricket fans are seen sometimes holding up at games on the subcontinent...

"Remember, Aussies, that India have won four of the last five games at this venue!!!"

With Bruest out we have a team taking to the field with no premiership players. Is this the first time this has happened at Hawthorn since 2008 grand final?

Not overly excited with Meek coming in. Completely underwhelming in his 1st 5 senior games with us. Rather ruck Reeves 80% with someone else pinch hitting. Hopefully he proves me wrong against his old side!
Yes, would have preferred getting Grundy especially with Collingwood footing some of the cost, but it wasn’t to be. The beat up on Meek pre season by posters was something to behold. Let’s just hope that he comes good and is able to work in tandem with Reeves.

With Bruest out we have a team taking to the field with no premiership players. Is this the first time this has happened at Hawthorn since 2008 grand final?

If you mean premierships in general - 2008 grand final doesn't even count because Dew played in Port's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That reminds me of the sorts of cardboard signs with inane stats on them that Indian cricket fans are seen sometimes holding up at games on the subcontinent...

"Remember, Aussies, that India have won four of the last five games at this venue!!!"

Reminds me of the mid-90s World Series days with the banner completion each summer that just devolved into people making ridiculous paragraphs using puns out of every player's surname with Toyota logos used as any 'o' to ensure they got their prizemoney increased - 'India you have been WARNEd, Aussies have declared WAUGH and we have a RIEFEL...' and so on.

Exactly, Meek has a history of destroying below average rucks at lower levels and then doing nothing when gets a call up. Did it in his time at Freo continuously.
Yeah I suppose every 25yr old ruckman with 20 games experience should be beating up on AFL quality ruckmen

Reminds me of the mid-90s World Series days with the banner completion each summer that just devolved into people making ridiculous paragraphs using puns out of every player's surname with Toyota logos used as any 'o' to ensure they got their prizemoney increased - 'India you have been WARNEd, Aussies have declared WAUGH and we have a RIEFEL...' and so on.
and our REIFEL is PONTING at you!

Thrilled that Weddle has held his spot. Develop him at all costs even if that means carrying him for a while. Let’s lock him into the senior lineup as soon as possible. Same for Cam Mac. 20 games of seniors has to be better for your development than 20 for BH.
For a confidence player like CMac I can see the benefit in reminding him just how far above the VFL level he is.

Out of all the teams we’ve seen over the years has 2 genuine rucks ever worked to a high standard? Last combo I can remember working was Cox and nicnat. I feel like meek might be a place holder till we can find a stronger forward who can relief ruck.

Out of all the teams we’ve seen over the years has 2 genuine rucks ever worked to a high standard? Last combo I can remember working was Cox and nicnat. I feel like meek might be a place holder till we can find a stronger forward who can relief ruck.
We didn’t target Meek for over 12 months to be a place holder though. Like a lot of other clubs we saw the potential in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back