Preview Round 8, 2023 : Fremantle v Hawthorn, Optus Stadium 7:30pm Sat May 6th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breust “managed” at 33 - yep makes sense.

CJ “managed” at 22 - give me a spell. He’s been omitted and rightly so.
If you've watched us closely which appears questionable CJ has not been himself and is clearly carrying something. But feel free to have a go at him if it makes you feel better.

If you've watched us closely which appears questionable CJ has not been himself and is clearly carrying something. But feel free to have a go at him if it makes you feel better.

Drop him for his poor performances or take him out of the side to get over whatever niggle you're alluding to, either way he shouldn't be playing seniors this weekend.

I think even out of form he contributes enough to the team to justify his spot, but that’s just me. Hopefully he springboards back from the VFL as quickly as possible. At his best he’s a huge asset to the team.

A ‘down’ Bruest that still kicked 3 last week and leads the goal kicking 🤔
It would be a nice surprise if his replacement kicks 3 this week.
He kicked 0 the week before and 1 the week prior, so by his standards down. I suppose we’ll see if someone like Brockman takes up the slack and kicks 3, even though Breust is averaging 1.6 goals this year.

Drop him for his poor performances or take him out of the side to get over whatever niggle you're alluding to, either way he shouldn't be playing seniors this weekend.
Yep CJ hopelessly out of form he has become so fumbly it’s clearly a confidence thing as when he’s on he is good below his knees and can mark well. He’s an important point of difference for us so take the time to get him right both injury initially then form via box hill. Also he’s 23 not 22 as a correction. Of the emergencies figure butler will be the sub. After the box hill write up figure they give mackenzie another full run looking for him to use it better this week. Finn Bramble didn’t earn call ups even as sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The level of confidence around here has me thinking we'll put a poor one in and they will find form.

Yep. One of there players will probably sneak up and kick a bag. Heaven forbid JOM kicks 3 goals and they win! A particular "journalist" will pop his head up for another round of his regular hating Hawthorn articles.

Mitchell Lewis 2nd game back. Sometimes the second game back, after a period out, a player is a little bit down on form.

Hopefully he backs up the the Doggies output (with straighter kicking) :)

I must've been one of the few that would've pefered Ramma as the 2nd fwd over Meek. Reeves rucked 101 minutes out of 120 last week and played arguably his best game of the year. Meek comes in kicking 1 goal from 5 games and is yet to take a mark inside 50 so really all he is doing is stealing Reeves minutes in the ruck.

But good luck to him playing against his former club.

We are too quick to rush younger kids back to the AFL. Our current captain spent the better part of 2 years developing in the VFL, took him an 8 goal outing before he finally got the call up. Mitch Lewis was the same, he pretty much never kicked less than 3 goals for an entire season before his call up, and eventually got sent back to work on some stuff anyway.

There are very few players who debut in the AFL and never have to worry about being dropped. Rare, natural, freak footballers like Cyril are the only guys who have nothing to learn at the VFL level.
Sicily weighed 37kgs as a draftee and was contending for a spot in a team that just completed one of th greatest eras of all time with one of the greatest ever forward lines.

2Macs are much more developed and the team is one of the worst Hawthorn line-ups in 20 years.
They can grow, learn and develop in the seniors IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back