Toast Round 8 = Carlton 79-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Just reading the Carlton board for research purposes and holy s**t

They live on another planet lol

“Bottom 4 list”

“Carried by umps”

“Can’t win without the umps”

That’s rich from supporters of a side with a list that drops off a cliff after the top 6-8 that literally relies on favourable umpire treatment to get over the line

They even needed the rub of the green to control North lol

8oxb5v

McKay has a chokehold on Frampton ffs

Not even sure that was the worst decision of the night either lol

Darcy Cameron being blocked by a MIDFIELDER during a ruck contest in front of the umps face and not getting the free probably wins it

Reckon the biggest concern for Carlton in that game has to be that not only could they not have played much better than they did, basically everything went their way on the night and they still lost (and should have lost by more)
Have you watched them the past 12 months? Were you watching their ball movement after QT? Their stoppage work? That was the worst they’ve been for a while and we should have won by 4 + goals.

After QT they were beaten at stoppage, their struggles to win contest following stoppage wins, their drop off in pressure and their sloooooow ball movement were chalk and cheese with what their best looks like. We were on with our defensive systems after QT and strangled them like an anaconda with our pressure. We definitely prevented them playing to their full capacity and that was the difference.

Like most collingwood supporters, I enjoy Carltoons loses almost as much as our wins, unless we inflict that loss.

But when I hear heart breaking in his puny chest after a magpies win, it’s a glorious feeling.
Really need to get a copy of the “blues radio” last 5 mins, I’m sure it’s a beautiful thing to listen too

Have you watched them the past 12 months? Were you watching their ball movement after QT? Their stoppage work? That was the worst they’ve been for a while and we should have won by 4 + goals.

After QT they were beaten at stoppage, their struggles to win contest following stoppage wins, their drop off in pressure and their sloooooow ball movement were chalk and cheese with what their best looks like. We were on with our defensive systems after QT and strangled them like an anaconda with our pressure. We definitely prevented them playing to their full capacity and that was the difference.

Mate

You can still play well within the bounds of what an opposition is doing to you

Only 38 inside 50s and they scored 12.7. That’s pretty damn good efficiency

Copped 61 inside 50s and let in 85 points (while scoring 79 themselves from 38)

They played pretty well within the limits of what we were trying to do to them. That’s on top of everything else that seemed to go their way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like her, that husky voice has me tingling every time I hear it. Besides the lust motive, I like her as a commentator. Daisy, with her squeeky voice was harder for me to listen to
Agree Kelly is excellent- but the Diacos goal commentary was average. Daisy - well you’ve said it all that shrill voice grates.

In terms of the greatest wins against Carlton recently, this is certainly immensely satisfying. But even how good this feels, nothing has ever felt better than Elliotts goal to knock Carlton from the finals 2022.

Until we beat them in a final Elliott’s goal in 2022 will be the best moment

Rewatching the last quarter, Darcy Moore was incredible. He had to be everywhere.

What a beautiful morning.
Some takeaways.
Harrison and Sullivan, suddenly we have some much needed depth.
I'd love for De Goey to play more forward when he gets back and just pinch hit in the midfield.
Noble and Markov in the same team worked well. Great run coming out of defence
Pendles if managed well can break the games record at a canter

Mate

You can still play well within the bounds of what an opposition is doing to you

Only 38 inside 50s and they scored 12.7. That’s pretty damn good efficiency

Copped 61 inside 50s and let in 85 points (while scoring 79 themselves from 38)

They played pretty well within the limits of what we were trying to do to them. That’s on top of everything else that seemed to go their way
I agree they executed well for what we allowed them to do, but that’s very different to them not being able to play much better. For me they aren’t going to be -30 odd tackles and lose stoppage again this season so they were a fair way off.

FWIW I get your angle because I think you’re loathe to acknowledge we were at our best and they were off, but we only got them by 6 points. The end result can often be a poor reflection on the flow of a game we only need to look at ANZAC day to see that. If you didn’t know the score and only looked at the way the game unfolded you would think we were dominant. It was our inability to kill it in the 3rd and early 4th with our overwhelming volume of I50’s that flattered Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back