Preview Round 8: Essendon vs West Coast, Data Breach Stadium, Saturday 4th May, 8:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not managing anyone after a 9 day break.
I don’t know if it will happen, but I would absolutely manage Goldstein this week. To be able to give an older ruckman over 2 weeks break could completely freshen him up. We have been on plenty of planes already and I don’t think we actually need him against west coast. Could set him up for a huge block of games.

Should put the weagles away fairly easily after the effort they just put up plus having to fly back from Qld and a six day break. Doubt we blood anyone here. Rest Goldy and bring in Guelf. Perkins for Hind if fit and Hobbs sub.

So Witts smashed Williams and Suns smashed clearances. With the same intensity we should put West Coast to the sword.
Careful. We still have the Essington virus in our system . Takes a while for the medication to clear it out of the system.

P nervous - the Weagles are suddenly a pretty tough proposition at home - and we all know we're such historical champions at dropping these sorts of games.

Perkins in for Hind, Guelf in for Davey and Bryan in for Goldy if he needs a rest. Does that make us too slow? IDK but I just can't see a world in which Guelf and Perkins aren't an upgrade on Hind & Davey's current output.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

reckon that’s be best, maybe redman, too, though i think he’ll end up in cripps
Redman has been putrid defensively
Ok aerially when flying across a pack, but a 1v1 or defending leads he has been ordinary
Think Kelly is the best option vs Waterman
Hayes to Ryan Maric
McKay to Jack Williams
McGrath to Liam Ryan
Redman to Petruccelle
Question as to who takes Darling
Maybe its Heppell instead of Laverde who makes way to cover that match up

edit: Maybe Martin vs Petrucelle, and Redman to Brockman

The draw was an exhilaration. Hoping for a win this time. Also not worried about a data breach. With Telstra. Personally should be in Ceduna by now, Was talked into flying. Them's the breaks. Go through the big sticks.

I have a bad feeling Weideman will be in the mix.

In any case Lav looks out of his depth every week and gives away dumb free kicks cos of it. Might get another week. Hoping he can turn form around. If Heppell can, anyone can.

Can't afford to carry Davey (1 touch in 3 quarters) but will be a player IMO.

Guelf for Davey, Shiel for Hind and sub for me.

WCoast forward line is pretty tall/strong overhead so maybe Laverde gets a reprieve as despite his kicking he's still decent one on one. I'd bring in Hayes nonetheless, so maybe old-timers Heppell & Goldy can sit out this one. Hind also.

We could see;-

OUT: Hind, Heppell, Goldy
IN: Guelfi, Perkins, Hayes

Team;-

Hayes McKay Lav
Martin Redman McGrath
Kelly Merrett Duursma
Perkins Stringer Gresham
2MP Langford ADavey

Draper Durham Parish

Bench: Caldwell Hobbs Cox Jones
SUB: prince of Perth Guelfi

I have a bad feeling Weideman will be in the mix.

In any case Lav looks out of his depth every week and gives away dumb free kicks cos of it. Might get another week. Hoping he can turn form around. If Heppell can, anyone can.

Can't afford to carry Davey (1 touch in 3 quarters) but will be a player IMO.

Guelf for Davey, Shiel for Hind and sub for me.
I agree. For the VFL.

Miles off it

Yeah I think with west coasts size we’re still gonna need laverde to be there for his classic juuuuuuuust half a step behind his man 3-4x a game instances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back