Preview Round 8 - Geelong v Collingwood, Sunday 3:20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the only player that night who could hold his head up - I remember staying until the very end (as hard as it was ) thinking that this would be the last time I ever saw a player named Gary Ablett play for Geelong (Have to say was a little emotional)

Glad that he will finish his career with us
Yep I did the same.

Nice argument. I'll leave you to your opinions as ignorant as they may be. I'm sure you'll reply for the final say though. Have a good one.
You're going around in circles mate. I asked you a question and you've dodged the answer multiple times.

We had a similar situation with Brent Prismall back in 08. Who do we think is the better player out of Prismall and GHS just out of curiosity?
GHS as he has none of the FIGJAM that Prismall had - and IMO GHS skills are better.. hes slower yes but that aint it all.
GO Catters

GHS will be stiff to miss but its just the way it is sometimes. The only mid g
Because he played brilliantly in his most recent full game:
http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2018/5/port-v-geel

Cunico or Murdoch or Gregson.

There is: Cunico. And even if there wasn't, there's no harm in dropping a different player instead, such as Murdoch or Gregson.

B: Henry Blicavs Stewart
HB: Bews Kolo Tuohy
C: Kelly JSelwood Duncan
HF: Menegola Ratugolea Crameri
F: Fogarty Hawkins Murdoch
R: Stanley Dangerfield Ablett
I: SSelwood Horlin-Smith Cunico Thurlow

See my previous comment about Collingwoods leg speed and losing pressure ability. Murdoch and Gregson provide speed that increases pressure acts. They play much different roles than GHS.

Dropping Cunico for GHS is also not ideal. The Thulow/Cunico wings on the weekend allowed direct and quicker forward entries. GHS doesn't provide that either. He either replaces a mid or simply doesn't come into the side.

I think Cunico has gone better than realised whilst he's in an early development stage,
he's jelled well as an outside defensive mid.
Not saying he shouldn’t make way, but he's been fairly consistent for his 4 games.
Sits behind Stewart on av stats atm.

Agree. I don't see why people want him dropped for GHS. 18.5 disposals @ 68%, 2.3 tackles and 4.8 I50's per game. He is showing plenty and will only get better. He provides speed and good outside run which contribute to those inside 50 numbers. He only sits behind Danger in that stat!.

*Its not fair comparing GHS stats to Cunicos as he was concussed in that Sydney game and it drags his numbers down

If GHS is to come in then it should be for Menegola not an outside player.

Would probably give Menegola another chance to prove himself this week, but if the pressure goes on and he goes missing I'd be bringing back GHS.

I think Cunico has gone better than realised whilst he's in an early development stage,
he's jelled well as an outside defensive mid.
Not saying he shouldn’t make way, but he's been fairly consistent for his 4 games.
Sits behind Stewart on av stats atm.

Agree Ratcat - with a number of the young guys playing so well I think Cunico has flown under the radar somewhat.
He finds it pretty easily and has pace , strength and a booming kick - lot to like about him IMHO
Was very good in the 3rd Q V Giants , shows lots of potential.

You're going around in circles mate. I asked you a question and you've dodged the answer multiple times.

Hahaha. Yep I'm the one dodging the question.

he was 7th in votes per game in our B&F last year playing most of the season as a defensive winger.

Do you know how our B&F works?

Yes I do. But go on and explain to me how kolo getting one of the highest votes per game in our B&F while playing on a wing is actually evidence that he "clearly struggled" in those games.

You're not sure how the B&F voting works but that's ok.

What is it that I don't understand about the B&F that allowed for him to poll so well despite playing poorly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Menegola is not getting dropped. Best people stop suggesting it.

He's racking up pretty acceptable numbers but doesn't appear to be playing as a mid if the centre bounce attendee list is accurate.
He played mainly wing / high half forward in the only game I've seen live (Eagles) - is that where he's playing recently?

Interesting to see Geelong's 'Late Changes' being talked about on Footy Classified last night, with Lloyd saying that "other clubs" believe the Cats might be playing games and the selection of (opposition) sides might be influenced because of it.

About "5 clubs" have been talking about it, according to Caro/Lloyd.

Hahaha. Yep I'm the one dodging the question.

This comment was the one that proves you have no idea how our B&F works.

Yes I do. But go on and explain to me how kolo getting one of the highest votes per game in our B&F while playing on a wing is actually evidence that he "clearly struggled" in those games.

Now you've already said he polled votes whilst playing on a wing (8 games was the comment) ... Now show proof.

I'm not sure how you tip us by 30pts when speed, pressure and the crowd will all be in Collingwoods favour. I'm concerned that the game will be resemble the last qtr vs the swans and we all saw how that ended. It's good to be optimistic be the pies have our measure and I can't see anything with this team that suggest anything different will occur. A few of our blokes are a bit slow with the decision making and the umps will have another field day with htb against us if Collingwood play with their 2018 pressure. Who knows, maybe we pull out another 2017 semi final performance at the g and all the stars align once more. Here's hoping for a miracle.

Speed? In Collingwood’s favour? Okay...

This comment was the one that proves you have no idea how our B&F works.

Now you've already said he polled votes whilst playing on a wing (8 games was the comment) ... Now show proof.

Haha. For all the talk and bluster you're the one who didn't bother checking how our B&F works. Every player is rated by the coaches every game so every player polls votes in every game. So of course Kolo polled votes in his games on the wing.

If you're going to continually tell somebody they don't know what they're talking about you might want to do the most basic research at some point to check you're not the one who is actually spouting crap. Something to keep in mind for next time.

Haha. For all the talk and bluster you're the one who didn't bother checking how our B&F works. Every player is rated by the coaches every game so every player polls votes in every game. So of course Kolo polled votes in his games on the wing.

If you're going to continually tell somebody they don't know what they're talking about you might want to do the most basic research at some point to check you're not the one who is actually spouting crap. Something to keep in mind for next time.
I thought you had no idea. I was right.

So with Hawkins out for 1 week, surely Smith comes in as number 1 ruck. Sav to FF and Stanley at CHF.

In: Ablett, Smith
Out: Hawkins, Fogarty
Unless Crameri goes out as LIFO. Not like CS to bring a player in for 1 game though.

I thought you had no idea. I was right.

As I thought. Complete refusal to engage in discussion.

It's very simple. Pushing Kolo back into a defensive midfield or wing role is a reasonable option. He showed last year he can play there and play there well and if Taylor and Henderson come back we'll probably be a bit overloaded for tall defenders. His performance on the wing last year was clearly better than any previous performances he'd had for the club. His high votes per game in the B&F, where every game counted, are clear evidence of that and, as was noted by a poster at the time, his votes went up once he moved to the wing. The idea that he really struggled there or that the MC would be making a terrible mistake putting him back there if we get back other key defenders is pretty laughable. It's not the move I would choose but it's definitely a viable option.

I'll leave the discussion there. But I'm sure you'll reply to have the last word. But you won't engage in discussion at all but instead tell me I have no idea and not expand on any reasoning at all.

As I thought. Complete refusal to engage in discussion.

You're embarrassing yourself mate.

Get back to me when you've learnt how our B&F system works, then explain how you know Kolodjashnij got votes while playing on wing.

Until then ... caio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back