Game Day Round 8 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 03/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering about JDG having an injury and thought groin as his kicking has been way off.

If he and Mitchell don't come up, Elliott/McCreery in the centre and give either MacRae/McInnes full game the other sub.

Elliott needs to stay forward but we'd definitely be throwing the magnets around if JDG and/or Mitchell miss.

I'd be throwing Mccreery in there for his bursts, especially with HH into the 22.

Add to that Crisp and even J Daicos get more CBA's with WHE moving into a wing with Sidebottom.

Not ideal but definitely not insurmountable.

I was wondering about JDG having an injury and thought groin as his kicking has been way off.

If he and Mitchell don't come up, Elliott/McCreery in the centre and give either MacRae/McInnes full game the other sub.

Maybe even give the Sarge a go in the centre.

Time for the coach to think outside the box.

Agree with you about needing to think outside the box. Let’s do something unconventional to try to unsettle the Blues’ plans and make them a bit reactionary.

For mine, that would be to start Maynard in the centre square with a physically combative role on Cripps.

We need to turn this match into low-scoring trench warfare, not a free-flowing shoot-out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Maybe even give the Sarge a go in the centre.

Time for the coach to think outside the box.
We're happy to help with CERTAIN injuries

Screenshot_20240429-223628~2.png

Agree with you about needing to think outside the box. Let’s do something unconventional to try to unsettle the Blues’ plans and make them a bit reactionary.

For mine, that would be to start Maynard in the centre square with a physically combative role on Cripps.

We need to turn this match into low-scoring trench warfare, not a free-flowing shoot-out.

Playing AJ down back. Now there’s thinking outside the box. Now just waiting for the melts.

Playing AJ down back. Now there’s thinking outside the box. Now just waiting for the melts.

What’s your thinking with that idea? For AJ to roam around as an interceptor whilst Moore, Frampton and Howe are busy with Curnow, McKay and DeKoning?

Success in one VFL game is a very small sample size.

Losing Jordy, Titch and Rusty could be a blessing. Forces us to try something different which could work and Carlscum might wallow in their own hubris pregame before realising they're getting carved up by our outside speed. Yes I'm having visions of endless handball chains and Bobby running into open goals

This is where the coaches earn their $$.

When McStay was injured before the GF, they put their heads together and came up with (dah dah) Frampton! Nevermind that most of us had a breakdown over his return to the side, for a GF of all things!

The rest is history.

If we are to miss both Mitchell and JDG - which looks on paper like a calamity - what is the coaches Plan B?

Carlton might be licking their navy blue stained lips, but at the very least I hope it throws their planning out. Even a little bit.

When McStay was injured before the GF, they put their heads together and came up with (dah dah) Frampton! Nevermind that most of us had a breakdown over his return to the side, for a GF of all things!

The rest is history.

If we are to miss both Mitchell and JDG - which looks on paper like a calamity - what is the coaches Plan B?

Carlton might be licking their navy blue stained lips, but at the very least I hope it throws their planning out. Even a little bit.
Macrae in for Mitchell is an easy one.

Not so easy is De Goey.
Maybe we throw McCreery in the middle and bring back Reef to play forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rest is history.

To be fair, the Blues have been missing some quality players all year and are still getting the job done.

Maybe a bit of experimenting, but maynard and Schultz were included in some centre bounces today (mind you, this senario was only the seniors, so hard to gauge if it means anything)
I would be really eager to give Schultz a run in the middle. Might actually apply defensive pressure

I would be really eager to give Schultz a run in the middle. Might actually apply defensive pressure
Yes. I wish we could be just a little more imaginative at times. I don't see why coaches don't throw things around. You can literally return everybody to their usual roles in minutes if for some reason it is not working. We have nothing to lose as we are getting flogged in the middle way too often.

IN: Carmicheal Begg Harrison Ryan

OUT: WHE Cox Steele McRerry
This is surely trolling.

Carmichael ❌ - He’s turnover-heavy and is NOT a replacement wingman for WHE. But at least he owns the moment and takes on the game.
Begg ❌ - He had ten hitouts in the VFL and was flogged by Bryan. No. Just no. Not at all. The last time Cox played VFL, he had almost 50 hitouts!!!
Ryan ❌ - not ready and what exactly is his connection to McCreery, a small forward?
Harrison ✅ - well done.

Macrae must have been knitting and Sullivan must have been touring Ireland last weekend in the VFL. Wouldn't have been named in our best I don't think, no not at all lol.

Last edited:
Macrae in for Mitchell is an easy one.

Not so easy is De Goey.
Maybe we throw McCreery in the middle and bring back Reef to play forward.
Although i think Mitchell will play this week and rest him for the following game. We really do need to get creative with our selection and player positions, I'd love to see Beau in the midfield, i don't think he could last the whole game in there, but throw in an unknown into the midfield especially a bull like Beau and let him throw his weight around and just tackle, if he gets the ball he can put the jets on. Personally i'd go with more speed off the backline too, i'd add Leggy, the Blues haven't got a lot of speed and we would need to rely on slingshotting the ball out of our backline. I say this from my couch and not the coaches box, of course. :p

This is surely trolling.

Carmichael ❌ - He’s turnover-heavy and is NOT a replacement wingman for WHE. But at least he owns the moment and takes on the game.
Begg ❌ - He had ten hitouts in the VFL and was flogged by Bryan. No. Just no. Not at all. The last time Cox played VFL, he had almost 50 hitouts!!!
Ryan ❌ - not ready and what exactly is his connection to McCreery, a small forward?
Harrison ✅ - well done.

Macrae must have been knitting and Sullivan must have been touring Ireland last weekend in the VFL. Wouldn't have been named in our best I don't think.
umm McRae was voted Pies BOG by our coach ... not sure if that means anything tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back