Game Day Round 8 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 03/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is surely trolling.

Carmichael ❌ - He’s turnover-heavy and is NOT a replacement wingman for WHE. But at least he owns the moment and takes on the game.
Begg ❌ - He had ten hitouts in the VFL and was flogged by Bryan. No. Just no. Not at all. The last time Cox played VFL, he had almost 50 hitouts!!!
Ryan ❌ - not ready and what exactly is his connection to McCreery, a small forward?
Harrison ✅ - well done.

Macrae must have been knitting and Sullivan must have been touring Ireland last weekend in the VFL. Wouldn't have been named in our best I don't think, no not at all lol.
I've NOW got back some belief in Carmichael, after the week end.
My doubts about his decision making and disposal were dispelled - he made good decisions and hit targets.
If he keeps up this improvement i think he definitely gets back on the radar, and his size is a huge bonus in a mid role.

My doubts about his decision making and disposal were dispelled - he made good decisions and hit targets.
If he keeps up this improvement i think he definitely gets back on the radar, and his size is a huge bonus in a mid role.
YES, I've been saying this for a while, it's almost Carmichael time

I knew the break between Anzac day and our next game was too far apart, the spot fires have started already and it's only Monday. Arguing with spinny is like having an octopus stuck on your face, no matter what you do, there's always at least one tentacle sucking part of your face off. In all honesty, chill fellas, we'll beat Carlton with or without Mitchell and JDG
Brilliant analogy. I personally think the key to any discussion with Spinny is not looking directly into the eyes! That’s why I’ve got them on what I like to call soft ignore.

His form has been down and as you suggest the groin is more than likely the culprit. He hasn't had the explosivness all year and that's usually groin related. Good call
An exploding groin? There's something to contemplate.
PS - "groin" - now there's a Wordle start word....

An exploding groin? There's something to contemplate.
PS - "groin" - now there's a Wordle start word....
Don't worry, behind closed doors I'm secretly coming up with the word to end all wordle words. Look out teachers, the dumb kids are about to start a revolt

Brilliant analogy. I personally think the key to any discussion with Spinny is not looking directly into the eyes! That’s why I’ve got them on what I like to call soft ignore.
come on Sco - and here i was thinking you enjoyed my contributions , and used the search function every morning to catch up my posts.

I knew the break between Anzac day and our next game was too far apart, the spot fires have started already and it's only Monday. Arguing with spinny is like having an octopus stuck on your face, no matter what you do, there's always at least one tentacle sucking part of your face off. In all honesty, chill fellas, we'll beat Carlton with or without Mitchell and JDG
its the virtual ink blast you need to be worried about

He’s been playing high half-forward and wing, the last couple weeks almost exclusively as high HFF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Manic, I need some of your positivity, I am freezing here.:(
Maggie, I was at risk of becoming a grumpy old man and have decided to have another life reset. BTW, it's bloody freezing outside. There's a lot of talent in the world of AFL, sometimes it's good to just admire it and try and look for the positives. We have the nucleus of a very good side.

What’s your thinking with that idea? For AJ to roam around as an interceptor whilst Moore, Frampton and Howe are busy with Curnow, McKay and DeKoning?

Success in one VFL game is a very small sample size.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Nah. Not expecting this to happen at all nor vouching for it. Was just saying out of the box. Then seeing how the reaction goes coz it’s definitely out of the box.

Serious question to put out there. Also hard to tell at present but we have any players in the Magoos that are a good chance to play better at AFL level if brought in?

Has happened in the past but wondering who that may be for now. On form it would be hard to back Fin. But have seen Leggy before. Any others in the mix?

Serious question to put out there. Also hard to tell at present but we have any players in the Magoos that are a good chance to play better at AFL level if brought in?

Has happened in the past but wondering who that may be for now. On form it would be hard to back Fin. But have seen Leggy before. Any others in the mix?
YES, I've been saying it for a few weeks. Carmichael is almost ready

What’s your thinking with that idea? For AJ to roam around as an interceptor whilst Moore, Frampton and Howe are busy with Curnow, McKay and DeKoning?

Success in one VFL game is a very small sample size.

one game is a small sample size but for the year AJ has had to-date - poor form generally, body language, lack of intensity, not launching at his marks - the move to defence has been the circuit breaker he needed.

played 1st half in defence and 2nd half forward, racking up career best stats across the game (albeit vfl).

for mine, he was our best /most impactful in 1st half, taking 5 or so intercept marks and playing with good intensity & energy, in a position foreign to him. swung forward in 2nd half and he kicked 2 goals and handed one off to Joe Richards.

based on that very small sample size, if Howe was to call it a day at end of this year, i would say he's the best equipped player (on our list currently) to take over from him as a 3rd tall intercept defender. TJ displays the most promise as a rebounding running defender and his height will certainly come in handy but as a 3rd man up spoiling & intercept defender, i'd suggest AJ has the tools.

his ability to mentally push on with his game and show consistency is still a big unknown but he has the tools & footy IQ to play the position. in summary, i'd continue with the experiment of playing him down back as a tall and then also swinging him forward.

one game is a small sample size but for the year AJ has had to-date - poor form generally, body language, lack of intensity, not launching at his marks - the move to defence has been the circuit breaker he needed.

played 1st half in defence and 2nd half forward, racking up career best stats across the game (albeit vfl).

for mine, he was our best /most impactful in 1st half, taking 5 or so intercept marks and playing with good intensity & energy, in a position foreign to him. swung forward in 2nd half and he kicked 2 goals and handed one off to Joe Richards.

based on that very small sample size, if Howe was to call it a day at end of this year, i would say he's the best equipped player (on our list currently) to take over from him as a 3rd tall intercept defender. TJ displays the most promise as a rebounding running defender and his height will certainly come in handy but as a 3rd man up spoiling & intercept defender, i'd suggest AJ has the tools.

his ability to mentally push on with his game and show consistency is still a big unknown but he has the tools & footy IQ to play the position. in summary, i'd continue with the experiment of playing him down back as a tall and then also swinging him forward.

Thanks for the detailed and insightful post. I’ve got a bit of a soft spot for AJ and hope he makes it back to The Big Show.

how many goals will Curnow kick on Moore this time, and how many will be from soft frees

only way we can negate their tall forwards is to have the ball in our forward half the majority of the game. mids and half forwards have to have to hit a season high pressure rating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back