Preview Round 9, 2023 : Hawks v Demons, 4.35pm Sat 13th May

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually wouldn't mind Long in up forward as a bigger body who does provide pressure
We’re 3rd in the league for tackles inside 50.

What we need is marks inside 50 and marking targets. Long isn’t really that.

I'd like to see Moore tried on the wing. I still think he can have scoreboard impact from that position.

He could be good providing an exit back 50 release kick, using his good skills to hit a short kick and then burst forward to receive the 2nd/3rd or 4th link in a scoring chain.

A few sore boys at the airport this morning. Could be a couple of forced changes
How'd Reeves look? I'd be tipping he won't get up.

Ramsden in. And deserves it. Meek to be 1 ruck.

Breust, CJ in.

MacKenzie/ Butler.

That's 4-5 changes, which is fair after a belting.

I'd say Greene, Bramble and Chad will be dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frost is going nowhere if you listen to the post match presser.

It doesn’t mean he shouldn’t. He was directly responsible for quite a number of goals - I counted 4 in the first quarter and a bit.

I feel we’re being too stubborn wanting to play him.

Yes, and interestingly, what Sam said made a lot of sense. I was very annoyed in the last few games, early on, but he ended up with very good games. But what we see early in the game tends to cloud our judgement.

The problem is that it also sets the tone - particularly from someone who should be a leader.

Yep. Sam called out his 10 intercept possessions. Frost is making mistakes but we have bigger problems up the ground. DGB isn’t the answer to our kpd woes.

The problem is that he’s then turning it straight back over and putting pressure on an already under pressure defense that has started moving into transition.

How'd Reeves look? I'd be tipping he won't get up.

Ramsden in. And deserves it. Meek to be 1 ruck.

Breust, CJ in.

MacKenzie/ Butler.

That's 4-5 changes, which is fair after a belting.

I'd say Greene, Bramble and Chad will be dropped.

Reeves wasn’t looking great. Nash another with a significant limp

It's time for Wingard to be dropped 2 goals, 3 goal assists & 1 tackle inside 50 in 6 games are horrible numbers.

Bring Butler in to replace him and let him make the spot his own.

If Ned can't get up for the game bring Ramsden in and the forward line will consist of Lewis Butler Ramsden Moore McDonald & Brockman.

Let those 6 play together for a string a games and build some continuity

It's time for Wingard to be dropped 2 goals, 3 goal assists & 1 tackle inside 50 in 6 games are horrible numbers.

Bring Butler in to replace him and let him make the spot his own.

If Ned can't get up for the game bring Ramsden in and the forward line will consist of Lewis Butler Ramsden Moore McDonald & Brockman.

Let those 6 play together for a string a games and build some continuity
Totally agree mate. Very happy with that fwd set up. Greene needs to go too.

We’ve held up well against the dees the last two years aside from the capitulation in the fourth quarter against them early 2021.

Big test for our mids to try and nullify their mids or at least break even. Do that and anything can happen.

Depends how we turn up and start playing. Important for our senior players to set the tone.

Selection could be tough this week, as many including myself said in the autopsy thread our structure looks off, both forward and backline.

I think Green needs a spell, he has struggled to find his position since Lewis has come back.

Harry Morrison hasn’t done much right so far and his spot is should be up for grabs.

Both Moore and Wingard have been very disappointing so far, and I wouldn’t be against a sweeping change this week.

For anyone who’s been watching box hill how’s Kozi tracking? Has he found some form yet?

Highest rated Hawk by what measure? Because he wasn't. Unless you're referring to AFL fantasy, and that couldn't possibly be it.
Good one Grumble.

I watch the games keenly, form an opinion and then look at some stats to see if what I saw and my opinion was justified. It was.
AFL website stats, whether they are completely representative or not, had him our highest ranked player.
24 disposals including key possessions in a couple of our (few) goals, the second highest tackle count for hawthorn and worked his backside off all night.
You however, focus on a couple of poor disposals in a side that butchered the ball all night. Strange.
I don't criticise any hawk player and will make a call based on what I see, hopefully without preconceptions. The same as i do with people.
They all have a crack and I respect that.

Selection could be tough this week, as many including myself said in the autopsy thread our structure looks off, both forward and backline.

I think Green needs a spell, he has struggled to find his position since Lewis has come back.

Harry Morrison hasn’t done much right so far and his spot is should be up for grabs.

Both Moore and Wingard have been very disappointing so far, and I wouldn’t be against a sweeping change this week.

For anyone who’s been watching box hill how’s Kozi tracking? Has he found some form yet?

Kosi has generally been unsighted early and popping up for a couple of late goals. He’s had one game I’d call good, but nothing that makes me think he should be in front of Rama as a key forward right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back