Preview Round 9, 2023 : Hawks v Demons, 4.35pm Sat 13th May

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Greene and Wingard play inside our forward 50m at the same time?

That's 1/3 of our forward line offering close to ZERO pressure to keep the ball in.

Reckon there ain't room enough for the pair of them. Get hard or Box Hill for one of the pair.

Bloody tackle!
Good call out!
I mentioned this concern over Green a few weeks ago when Lewis was due back the opportunities would dry up!

I see a few ppl jumping on Moore back, its hard to be a consistent half forward let alone in a forward line with zero structure! No tall Forwards for most of this year, a bunch of small forwards who are not capable of locking it in or applying pressure at ground!

Moore is elite in two categories and our hardest working forward! He would be leading the fwds in possessions, tackles, and meters covered. Output on goals is down that is more of blight on the system than the indivudal.

• Brockman/ Butler. One or both should be picked every wk given our list status and their abilty they bring.
  • We must play another marking option . if Kosi is not getting a game he shouldn't be on the list as a fwd. some left field options Dgb/Sic/Scrim/Jiath

Last edited:
good call out!
I mentioned this concern over Green a few weeks ago when Lewis was due back the opportunitys would dry up.

I see a few ppl jumping on Moore back its hard to be a consistent half forward let alone in a forward line with zero structure! No tall Forwards for most of the year and a bunch of small forwards who are not capable of locking it in or applying pressure at ground.

Moore is elite in two categories and our hardest working forward he would be leading the fwds in possessions, tacklers, and meters covered. output goals is down more of blight on the system.

• Brockman/ Butler. One / both should be picked every wk given our list status and their abilty they bring.
  • We must play another marking option . if Kosi is not getting a game he shouldn't be on the list as a fwd. some left field options Dgb/Sic/Scrim/Jiath
Then we run with Ramsden. He'll come in for Reeves regardless due to injury.
Butler had to play last night.

Chad is cooked and Greene is battling now.

Wouldn't be surprised to see JOS debut soon. We're going nowhere without fwd pressure.

Then we run with Ramsden. He'll come in for Reeves regardless due to injury.
Butler had to play last night.

Chad is cooked and Greene is battling now.

Wouldn't be surprised to see JOS debut soon. We're going nowhere without fwd pressure.

Yes I think Ramsden will plays this week. I am not sure expecting a ruck to be our CHF is working or a long term solution. We need aerial options with the rucks assisting ala.
D.hale with Buddy & Roughie.

Currently points scored we are dead last the only team in the 4s on 491 points after 8 rounds.Richmond is 15th on 607, that's a big gap after 8 rounds.

Last edited:

FB: Mitchell, Blanck, Weddle
HB: Hardwick, Frost, Impey
C: Amon, Duke, Nash
HF: Moore, Lewis, Macdonald
FF: Breust, Sicily, Scrimshaw
Foll: Reeves, Day, Worpel
Int: Meek, Jiath, Ward, Frenchy, Butler

In: Breust, Jiath, Frenchy, Blanck, Butler
Out: Wingard, Bramble, Morrison, Greene, Brockman

Edit: Brockman out 😥

Ins - Butler, Ramsden, DGB, Breust, McKenzie

Outs - Brockman, Greene, Wingard, Reeves(inj), Frost( probably unlikely, but should not be playing in front of DGB or Blanck).

Its amazing how many ppl do not listen to the coaches press conference. Because they would then know that some of these outs they want are just not happening.

Sadly brocky will be out for breust and CJ may come in for either weddle or scrim if we r going like for like.

If Reeves doesnt get up then Rama comes in.

Butsy might be a sneaky

Jeez Brockman is stiff. Looking at the replay, I reckon the Freo player flopped to make that look worse. It's been the case for a few of these "dangerous" tackles. Butler in and Greene to stay in.
We should get our gun lawyers and appeal. Give Brocky a couple of weeks quality time with the kids......

Ins - Butler, Ramsden, DGB, Breust, McKenzie

Outs - Brockman, Greene, Wingard, Reeves(inj), Frost( probably unlikely, but should not be playing in front of DGB or Blanck).
Frost had 10 intercept possessions on Saturday night. Zero chance of being omitted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Hardwick Frost Sicily
HB: Impey DGB Mitchell
C: Weddle Day Amon
HF: Moore Scrimshaw Newcombe
F: Breust Lewis Brockman
R: Meek Nash Worpel
Inter: Jiath Mackenzie Ward Macdonald Butler
In: Breust DGB Jiath Butler Mackenzie
Out: Reeves(managed) Greene Wingard Morrison Bramble
Ramsden’s time will come!

Weddle will be omitted. Absolutely love him but he really lacked intensity the other night. Wasn't AFL standard.
Doesn’t help when they are playing him out of position, his not a deep defensive player, that’s why DGB should come in, for me he look a bit lost, not that he lacked intensity, he should playing on Wing, where he can use his strength, his pace

Hardwick Frost Sicily
Impey DGB Mitchell
Amon Day Jiath
Moore Scrimshaw Newcombe
Breust Lewis Butler
Meek Nash Worpel
Ramsden, MacKenzie, Ward, Weddle and MacDonald sub

Reeves, Wingard, Brockman, Greene, Morrison Bramble out
Jiath, Breust, Butler, DGB, Ramsden, MacKenzie in

Last edited:
Weddle will be omitted. Absolutely love him but he really lacked intensity the other night. Wasn't AFL standard.
Huh?

The kid is playing as a key defender at AFL level, despite it probably not being his best position.

Offensively he still had 12 disposals, 5 contested, at 83% with 6 intercepts 3 tackles and 4 spoils.

He was involved in 4 1on1 contests and lost 0.

He hasn't lost a 1on1 at all yet.

And he is rated elite for tackles with 4 a game.

This weeks changes are quite interesting.

There were a few who could be possible outs:
Brockman (suspended), Wingard, Morrison (poor, had turned it over directly for multiple goals, likely gets backed in), Frost defensively too loose (wont get dropped), MacDonald (looks gassed after efforts, his tank is a worry and isn't doing much offensively or defensively), Fergus (didn't do a whole lot but the delivery was poor) & Reeves (ankle watch?)

Butler, CJ, Breust likely ins

Brockman out (sus).

Interesting...

You're kidding right?
He's being tagged, quite heavily. He's still covering more ground than any other player. Just going to let the opposition have another player run around loose?
I rewatched the game, no tag to speak of. He was actually keeping Jordan Clarke in check, not sure what game you were watching. Moore is just down on form simple as that.

Last edited:
Frost had 10 intercept possessions on Saturday night. Zero chance of being omitted.
Frost is nowhere near our worst but I have a feeling his drive to peel off and provide defensive help has gone up with CJ playing a bit injured and then out of the side.

He looks great when he impacts the contest but he gets caught out of position a lot, particularly when he goes in to provide support to a contest that we don't even look likely to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back