Preview Round 9, 2024 : Hawks v Saints, 1:45pm Sat 11th May, UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’d love to see Calsher retain his spot for another week. As he provides a different avenue. Unfortunately McKenzie to be omitted, while Phillips comes in for Sicily being injured. I would also give Gunston another week, think we need his leadership out there, give Breust another week to fully recover

Gunston's accuracy was poor but there's no way known you punish a bloke for having 7 shots on goal.
Apart from his accuracy he had a great game. That first goal of his was so critical, as we were being slaughtered early on and it just settled us. No way he is being dropped.

I wouldn't mind giving McKenzie at Box Hill, struggling to run out games, subbed twice early in the last few weeks. Would allow Ward to play more inside.
Morrison to Sub, with Watson full game.
so probably just go McKenzie out, Chol in, just so we arent having Dear ruck at this stage of his career.

If Sicily not fit, then Phillips comes in as a straight swap.

I feel like we have 3 automatic inclusions if fit in Lewis, Punky and Chol.
That may mean Calsher gets relegated again which is OK. Its the start of the journey for him.

On the outs, perhaps Frenchy and ????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN
Chol
Mitchell
Phillips (if Sicily is injured)

OUT
Morrison
Ward or Mackenzie
Sicily (injured)

Hardwick - Frost - Impey
Weddle - Phillips - Scrimshaw

Meek - Newcombe - Nash
Amon - Worpel - Day

Moore - Chol - MacDonald
Ginnivan - Dear - Gunston

Bench and sub from:
Maginess - D'Ambrosio - Watson - Mitchell - Mackenzie/Ward

Maginess has to go to NWM or Sinclair.

I don't think Chol comes back in even if ready, 33 shots from 49 entries is extremely efficient work and we should have been a few more goals up. Gotta give it another game to see if it's a fluke or not.

I think Mackenzie comes out, and wouldn't be surprised to see Wingard come back in. Reduced game time, keep Watson as the sub or vice versa.

I don't think Chol comes back in even if ready, 33 shots from 49 entries is extremely efficient work and we should have been a few more goals up. Gotta give it another game to see if it's a fluke or not.

I think Mackenzie comes out, and wouldn't be surprised to see Wingard come back in. Reduced game time, keep Watson as the sub or vice versa.
I see what you are saying but think we might need Chol to be the second ruck?

Yes, Mackenzie has a nice sidestep but quick decision making and penetration in his kick needs work.

Interesting with Wingard and Bruest... Can they both fit in the side now?

Wingard won't play, Sam said as much in his presser. He's about 2 weeks away, he only played 1/2 again at Box Hill. Pretty sure they want a full game or two before they consider him for AFL.

Seeing him on the Box Hill bench was great though, he was incredibly engaged. Him and ZLJ were standing shouting instructions to the boys as they made their charge to within a goal in the last few mins. Great to see how invested he is in Box Hill. Must be just happy to be back out there after a long recovery too!

Pretty sure Mitch said in his press conference that Chad is likely to have a couple more at Box Hill.

Wingard won't play, Sam said as much in his presser. He's about 2 weeks away, he only played 1/2 again at Box Hill. Pretty sure they want a full game or two before they consider him for AFL.

Seeing him on the Box Hill bench was great though, he was incredibly engaged. Him and ZLJ were standing shouting instructions to the boys as they made their charge to within a goal in the last few mins. Great to see how invested he is in Box Hill. Must be just happy to be back out there after a long recovery too!
Must have missed that bit of the presser! Makes sense, just figured we might like the link up. No idea who comes in til I find out who is unavailable / available then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back