The Law Royal Commission into Child Abuse

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that you bring up Muslims, the Bolt report also raised it April 2017.
I don't have any answers to your particular questions but have you read the 'Terms of Reference'?
Not sure that it specified which institutions or religions to investigate.
Why can't you stick to thread title? You tried unions, pink batts now we are on to Gillard.

It seems to me without PM Gillard there wouldn’t have been an enquirer into anything at all. It was DECADES overdue. To me that is the country’s shame

It seems to me without PM Gillard there wouldn’t have been an enquirer into anything at all. It was DECADES overdue. To me that is the country’s shame

Fair to say the Catholic Church got what was coming to it. I think some of the blame was misdirected at individuals but there's no question a light had to be shone. But here's the thing.......

1. Abuse within the Catholic Church largely ceased a couple of decades ago with the retirements of people like Frank Little. Like George Pell or not, the incidence of child abuse within the church largely ceased upon his elevation to Archbishop of Melbourne.
2. Did we learn any more about the abuse? I don't think so.
3. Given the focus by the media on one institution above others, are we as a society better acquainted with the operations of abusers than we were before? Probably not.
4. Are we better equipped to prevent widespread child sexual abuse in our community as a consequence of the Royal Commission? In my opinion, absolutely not.

Here.......AND We appoint you, the Honourable Justice Peter David McClellan AM, to be the Chair of the Commission.

And here.......does not include the family
What is the title? Institutions?
Did it mention any religion or race?

Fair to say the Catholic Church got what was coming to it. I think some of the blame was misdirected at individuals but there's no question a light had to be shone. But here's the thing.......

1. Abuse within the Catholic Church largely ceased a couple of decades ago with the retirements of people like Frank Little. Like George Pell or not, the incidence of child abuse within the church largely ceased upon his elevation to Archbishop of Melbourne.
2. Did we learn any more about the abuse? I don't think so.
3. Given the focus by the media on one institution above others, are we as a society better acquainted with the operations of abusers than we were before? Probably not.
4. Are we better equipped to prevent widespread child sexual abuse in our community as a consequence of the Royal Commission? In my opinion, absolutely not.
On this last point, I completely agree. Because they chose not to deal with child sexual abuse in the home or by "loved" ones, they only scratched the very surface of this insidious problem. I'm not sure abuse within the Catholic system (or any system) ceased a couple of decades ago, wasn't there a story recently where a priest had been moved to a different diocese instead of being sacked? (Can't remember the specifics, but remember reading about it sometime last year).

On this last point, I completely agree. Because they chose not to deal with child sexual abuse in the home or by "loved" ones, they only scratched the very surface of this insidious problem. I'm not sure abuse within the Catholic system (or any system) ceased a couple of decades ago, wasn't there a story recently where a priest had been moved to a different diocese instead of being sacked? (Can't remember the specifics, but remember reading about it sometime last year).

I don't think the abuse will ever absolutely cease in any institution, including the Catholic Church. One thing I did learn from the RC was that the incidence of adults with a sexual attraction to children is far larger than I imagined. But the use of the Church by pedophiles to either 1. hide from their sexuality in the first instance or 2. gain access to children in the second has for the most parted ended I think. And did some time ago.

This particular exchange shows just how vacuous and bigoted your position is. It would take you one minute to look up why sexual abuse trials are often held in camera. You choose instead to promote the clear falsehood that it’s some kind of special treatment for Pell. It truly is only about what you want to be true. I reckon if it was found that Pell never actually abused anyone you wouldn’t be celebrating the fact of less children abused. You’d be lamenting that the target of your hatred wasn’t gaoled for a crime he didn’t commit.
I was so impressed at how you were pantsed about the age of consent in Vatican City. It is obvious that any minuscule amount of credibility you ever had has been washed down the sink. What a pathetic apologist for the unforgivable you are. If you were to ever adopt some thought of your own, rather than mindlessly parroting the party line, you might be worthy of some consideration.

I don't think the abuse will ever absolutely cease in any institution, including the Catholic Church. One thing I did learn from the RC was that the incidence of adults with a sexual attraction to children is far larger than I imagined. But the use of the Church by pedophiles to either 1. hide from their sexuality in the first instance or 2. gain access to children in the second has for the most parted ended I think. And did some time ago.
You just don't get it, do you? Those who choose to commit to a life of sexual perversion at the age 0f 15 or 16 years are vigorously recruited by this criminal institution. It's those imbeciles who are prepared to excitedly devote themselves to a life of unnatural denial who are exclusively sought. The most important prerequisite to join this oerverts' club is to be barking mad, like the rest of the rooters who are already in on the 'joke'.

What is the title? Institutions?
Did it mention any religion or race?

Can you point to the findings where they mention Islamic groups and Aboriginal communities which were investigated or had issues raised? How much searching went on by the Royal Commission?

600,000 Muslims in Australia but fewer than 5 reports made. You reckon they looked hard? Or do you think the rate of abuse is really that low?

Can you point to the findings where they mention Islamic groups and Aboriginal communities which were investigated or had issues raised? How much searching went on by the Royal Commission?

600,000 Muslims in Australia but fewer than 5 reports made. You reckon they looked hard? Or do you think the rate of abuse is really that low?
No, but you haven't answered my question. Where did they include or exclude a particular race or religion?

I thought that they investigated when individuals came forward.

I was so impressed at how you were pantsed about the age of consent in Vatican City. It is obvious that any minuscule amount of credibility you ever had has been washed down the sink. What a pathetic apologist for the unforgivable you are. If you were to ever adopt some thought of your own, rather than mindlessly parroting the party line, you might be worthy of some consideration.

Oh I got pantsed did I? A regrettable term in the circumstances I would have thought.

Someone pulls out some 14th Century Law as being somehow applicable today. FFS! That's indicative.

You just don't get it, do you? Those who choose to commit to a life of sexual perversion at the age 0f 15 or 16 years are vigorously recruited by this criminal institution. It's those imbeciles who are prepared to excitedly devote themselves to a life of unnatural denial who are exclusively sought. The most important prerequisite to join this oerverts' club is to be barking mad, like the rest of the rooters who are already in on the 'joke'.

Vigorously recruited. Perhaps you can find just one skerrick of evidence for this in the thousands of documents existing on this subject.

Um......by the way......do you consider pederasty to be a choice?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vigorously recruited. Perhaps you can find just one skerrick of evidence for this in the thousands of documents existing on this subject.

Um......by the way......do you consider pederasty to be a choice?
Haven't heard of the farce which is the supposed requirement for inductees to commit to a life of so-called 'celibacy', then?

Pederasty is hardly a choice if inculcation into its ways begins in the seminary. Rooting, it's the only thing that vile example of stinking decadence is interested in, or discusses. Thus, this thread, and to a large extent, the royal commission. Yet, your values are so putrid, you feel you must continue to excuse these mothers. Your love affair with Pell seems decidedly dodgy. What are you hiding?

Last edited:
Haven't heard of the farce which is the supposed requirement for inductees to commit to a life of so-called 'celibacy', then?

Pederasty is hardly a choice if inculcation into its ways begins in the seminary. Rooting, it's the only thing that vile example of stinking decadence is interested in, or discusses. Thus, this thread, and to a large extent, the royal commission. Yet, you're values are so putrid, you feel you must continue to excuse these mothers. Your love affair with Pell seems decidedly dodgy. What are you hiding?

Are you aware that celibacy means sexual abstinence?

Who have I excused?

Oh.....and I'm certainly hiding my personal details from you. You seem quite unhinged, perhaps with reason. But that doesn't excuse your language towards me.

730-Pell-IKnewNothing_640x381.jpg
schulz_know_nothing+copy.jpg

The Usual Defense of the establishment.

A few comments and a few facts.

The RC shone a light into an insidious history of abuse within various institutions and in my opinion learnt a great deal that will hopefully protect the children of today and tomorrow.

Whilst most of the situations examined are historical, you cannot assume that it all ceased 20-30 years ago. The RC research found that the average length of disclosure for most victims was 33 years. This mirrored my own situation precisely.

The allegations against George Pell need to be heard and dealt with appropriately. None of you here have any idea whether they are true or not, arguing without basis is infantile. Regardless, if it is found that he has no case to answer or if it makes it to trial and found not guilty, that doesn't mean it didn't happen - that is a fact.

For the last three years I have been on a journey of discovery, dealing with something that I hid for 33 years. Part of that journey involves me sitting in a room of "survivors" once a month and sharing our stories and experiences, which are frighteningly similar. About 80% of it is great, but the 20% is pure torture listening to the horror that my colleagues endure just to survive.

The Catholic Church isn't the only "cab on the rank" as old mate George whinged some time back, but it is the biggest and its conduct beggars belief. The legal angles it has used to defuse or deter complainants is disgusting and you need to seriously question the morals and ethics of every Bishop and Senior Catholic Leader and probably the scum Lawyers who work for them.

In August Australia's most notorious paedophile priest got six years (rolled up it amounted to about an additional 3 years) for what he did to me as a nine year old. My incident was a one off, and there is no amount of money in the world that can right that. The RC proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Mulkearns and his Consultors (and that includes Old Mate) knew that Ridsdale was a paedophile - yet did nothing. My abuse could of and should have been prevented - it wasn't, why? I wrestle with that every day. Yet in some regards I'm lucky, I never went near the sick cult again (yes true believers that's the Catholic Church) I'm a happily practicing atheiest, I never sought out the repulsive "Towards Healing", never took the pay off or signed a deed - waiving my rights to future compensation, unlike so many poor souls who in desperation because their lives were so ****ed up that they needed some quick cash.

Of course the Church has now "seen the light" or more likely the writing on the wall, it is despised by the common person following the RC and its carefree existence is in danger of collapsing, so it is now making the right "noises" in the public arena in order to be seen to be doing the right thing. But behind closed doors, usually in Legal Chambers, it is still doing the same thing and the people who signed away their rights whilst staring at a brick wall (The Ellis defence or the fact that as an entity the church doesn't exist - much like most of its preachings) are still left with an amount well short of what the true cost of the damage that was done to them and no benevolence from the organisation that enabled their abuse. I was abused once, there is no figure that can accurately compensate me for that - what would Paul Levey's figure be? Calculate that.

Defending the Church is in effect defending the indefensible. I have no knowledge of the allegations made against George Pell, but I know this. To go through the SANO process is one of the most difficult things I have ever had to do, only surpassed by having to stand up in court and read my VIS. It would be pretty difficult to get through that if you're talking s**t. Pell is a bully, always has been, judgement day is coming, for him and his church.

The RC shone a light into an insidious history of abuse within various institutions and in my opinion learnt a great deal that will hopefully protect the children of today and tomorrow.

Whilst most of the situations examined are historical, you cannot assume that it all ceased 20-30 years ago. The RC research found that the average length of disclosure for most victims was 33 years. This mirrored my own situation precisely.

The allegations against George Pell need to be heard and dealt with appropriately. None of you here have any idea whether they are true or not, arguing without basis is infantile. Regardless, if it is found that he has no case to answer or if it makes it to trial and found not guilty, that doesn't mean it didn't happen - that is a fact.

For the last three years I have been on a journey of discovery, dealing with something that I hid for 33 years. Part of that journey involves me sitting in a room of "survivors" once a month and sharing our stories and experiences, which are frighteningly similar. About 80% of it is great, but the 20% is pure torture listening to the horror that my colleagues endure just to survive.

The Catholic Church isn't the only "cab on the rank" as old mate George whinged some time back, but it is the biggest and its conduct beggars belief. The legal angles it has used to defuse or deter complainants is disgusting and you need to seriously question the morals and ethics of every Bishop and Senior Catholic Leader and probably the scum Lawyers who work for them.

In August Australia's most notorious paedophile priest got six years (rolled up it amounted to about an additional 3 years) for what he did to me as a nine year old. My incident was a one off, and there is no amount of money in the world that can right that. The RC proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Mulkearns and his Consultors (and that includes Old Mate) knew that Ridsdale was a paedophile - yet did nothing. My abuse could of and should have been prevented - it wasn't, why? I wrestle with that every day. Yet in some regards I'm lucky, I never went near the sick cult again (yes true believers that's the Catholic Church) I'm a happily practicing atheiest, I never sought out the repulsive "Towards Healing", never took the pay off or signed a deed - waiving my rights to future compensation, unlike so many poor souls who in desperation because their lives were so ****** up that they needed some quick cash.

Of course the Church has now "seen the light" or more likely the writing on the wall, it is despised by the common person following the RC and its carefree existence is in danger of collapsing, so it is now making the right "noises" in the public arena in order to be seen to be doing the right thing. But behind closed doors, usually in Legal Chambers, it is still doing the same thing and the people who signed away their rights whilst staring at a brick wall (The Ellis defence or the fact that as an entity the church doesn't exist - much like most of its preachings) are still left with an amount well short of what the true cost of the damage that was done to them and no benevolence from the organisation that enabled their abuse. I was abused once, there is no figure that can accurately compensate me for that - what would Paul Levey's figure be? Calculate that.

Defending the Church is in effect defending the indefensible. I have no knowledge of the allegations made against George Pell, but I know this. To go through the SANO process is one of the most difficult things I have ever had to do, only surpassed by having to stand up in court and read my VIS. It would be pretty difficult to get through that if you're talking s**t. Pell is a bully, always has been, judgement day is coming, for him and his church.
You have been incredibly brave sharing this and other posts, I wish you well.

You have been incredibly brave sharing this and other posts, I wish you well.
Thank You - but no, I'm not brave, but having been through what I have, I have a perspective that few do and IF I can use my experience to educate or prevent one single person from having to go through what I have then I will have made a difference - and that is all I care about.

I see old Georgy-porgey pudding & pie has got himself an in-camera prequel hearing....It seems that only the connected & the morally corrupt (Hello Mr Epstein) are allowed such luxuries....Much carpet sweeping.

It's a requirement under legislation, actually. http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdoc/au/legis/vic/consol_act/cpa2009188/s133.html

The suppression order on the charges is unusual, but that is presumably due to the potential for severance of complainants.

It also has the side effect of keeping me sane; given the nonsense I've seen written both for and against Pell in the absence of details, I'd hate to see the attempts at analysis and detective work if the details were out there.

Last edited:
People have their personal stories so here’s mine.

I was at a close relative’s house in 1989. That relative was a friend of George Pell. I listened to a conversation in the next room. I couldn’t help but hear it. Pell was losing his s**t over Frank Little not sacking Peter Searson. He was using language more often found in a footy club change room. I’d never heard a priest, let alone a bishop, use language like that before. He was ropeable. And I couldn’t believe someone could dare criticise the Archbishop. Certainly not with that language.

I’ve met Pell only a few times. He wouldn’t know me. Those who describe him as lacking in empathy are right. He is very distant. He is large and he is intimidating.

But I have a hard time believing he is a pedophile, and I know for a fact that he was furious when an abuser wasn’t defrocked in 1989.

In August Australia's most notorious paedophile priest got six years (rolled up it amounted to about an additional 3 years) for what he did to me as a nine year old. My incident was a one off, and there is no amount of money in the world that can right that. The RC proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Mulkearns and his Consultors (and that includes Old Mate) knew that Ridsdale was a paedophile - yet did nothing. My abuse could of and should have been prevented - it wasn't, why? I wrestle with that every day. Yet in some regards I'm lucky, I never went near the sick cult again (yes true believers that's the Catholic Church) I'm a happily practicing atheiest, I never sought out the repulsive "Towards Healing", never took the pay off or signed a deed - waiving my rights to future compensation, unlike so many poor souls who in desperation because their lives were so ****** up that they needed some quick cash.

Like, but don’t like what happened to you. I really don’t have the words. Hope the future is better for you.

I was at a close relative’s house in 1989. That relative was a friend of George Pell. I listened to a conversation in the next room. I couldn’t help but hear it. Pell was losing his s**t over Frank Little not sacking Peter Searson. He was using language more often found in a footy club change room. I’d never heard a priest, let alone a bishop, use language like that before. He was ropeable. And I couldn’t believe someone could dare criticise the Archbishop. Certainly not with that language. I’ve met Pell only a few times. He wouldn’t know me. Those who describe him as lacking in empathy are right. He is very distant. He is large and he is intimidating. But I have a hard time believing he is a pedophile, and I know for a fact that he was furious when an abuser wasn’t defrocked in 1989.

And, pray tell....When was the last time the RCC actually defrocked an abusing Priest in Oz?....I can think of one in Ireland, but that was only after the local towns-folk drove him out before they lynched him.

Ratzenberger sat on his arse....All the while with the entire catalogue of 2 generations of abuse, across the entire globe, sitting beneath him.....And the prescribed modus operandi?....Protect the clergy at all costs. Only the cloth counts & resides above all other stations in life.

And that's why he was the first ever Pope forced to resign his commission in the Churches history!

This is still the principal mechanism by which Georgy Porgey still operates from, to this very day.....These guys arrogance & hubris makes them think that instead of defending themselves & their own earthly mortal sins, they are in fact, protecting the church & God....Piss Weak bunch of Puer aeternus the lot of em.

I was physically abused by a Christian brother 54 years ago. The abuse had, at its root (pun, I know), a sexual element, which involved no penetration nor manipulation. as such. Basically, he beat me on my bare arse, with a leather strap. While this was happening, I was bent forward over a desk, with my trousers and underpants bunched around my ankles. This was after class-hours, at a remote classroom in the school, for some confected reason he had dreamed up.

Until the mid 1990s, I'd thought very rarely about the incident. Though, in 1970, whilst on my honeymoon, I met the odious pustule at Lakes Entrance. I ignored him.

Towards Healing, and the attendant publicity, caused me to think about this turd. I wondered whether he was still 'teaching'. Still belting children. Still getting his jollies from doing so. I went to see some pudendum whose name was, I think, Callaghan. He might have been a Q.C. He listened to my story. He commented on how well-adjusted I seemed to be, despite my mistreatment. The central thrust, actually, only thrust, of the rest of our twenty minute conversation was how unlikely it would be that I could gain any financial benefit, as if that would be the only reason I'd come forward. Said pudendum promised to send me a copy of the sound recording he'd made of our conversation, which he never did. His eyes seemed to glaze over whenever I mentioned my concern that this criminal might still have access to children. The whole encounter was farcical and merely a transparent attempt to save the church money.

A determination I've held for 54 years to not let this vile man affect my life still holds, and is still proving effective. Just another story to tell. Unfortunately, not all survivors of such abuse have the luxury of this attitude. My class mate, Gavan Boyle, who was raped over a two-year period by a priest attached to St Patrick's Cathedral. Monsignor Penn Jones was also the chaplain for our school. Gavan didn't make it. He died at the age of 57 years from chronic alcoholism, starvation and profound depression. Well done Penn. Well done to all who travel if that ship of shits.

western royboy, I have such pride in knowing one as brave as you, even as remotely as through these boards.

No, but you haven't answered my question. Where did they include or exclude a particular race or religion?

I thought that they investigated when individuals came forward.

So they did zero investigating on their own? Really? Just sit back and hope victims come forward?

Is that really how you think Royal Commissions operate?

Here was me thinking they compelled a large number of people to attend. Which Islamic leaders were compelled to attend? Aboriginal community leaders?

I assume given there were zero restrictions and those groups werent excluded there would be something? Im putting my trust in you here though, because Im assuming you've read the final report in far greater detail than me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back