[Rumour] Hird New Coach of Bombers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Putting on $200 of bets in a market where they're probably holding a couple of thousand = betting plunge.
Also = best $200 worth of advertising they'll ever buy.

Zackley's.:D

If true he'll need to be surrounded by some experienced assistants.

IMHO, if Hird needs the advice of all those experienced assistants, he is obviously not ready to do the No. 1 job himself.

I am not saying he doesn't have the potential to be a great coach, quite the contrary, but at the moment I don't think he is the right fit for Ess.

I reckon the Bombers would be making a huge mistake if they appointed Hird without any coaching experience. The club has a very promising list of young players, but what they need is a teaching coach, not someone who has the L Plates on himself. :thumbsdown:

Betting agencies must think everyone is stupid.

One - they would NEVER accept a bet of over $500 on this particular bet type so 'huge money' is obvious bullshite.

Two - easiest way to create interest in a betting market. Turn the market off, inform some idiot at the Herald Sun there has been a plunge on so and so, reduce that coaches odds, open market back up - Hey presto more punters interested and prepared to have a bet.

Spot on DT, just another example of a reported "plunge' which is in essence is just a free plug for the betting corporates.

Some of these so called big betting agencies wouldn't set you for more than few hundred that the sun would come up tomorrow !!!

lots of cash on hird
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

I'm pretty sure Hird's been in New York for the past 2 weeks at the US Open.

Don't know how or when this coaching deal could've been done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont fall into betting plungers i remember chris judd was backed from 25's in to $2.50 to go to melbourne who's say's these bets were ever put on , I think the betting agencies make these up , Hird wont be at essendon

What was said if you don't mind me asking.

Sheenan asked him if he was a chance to coach next year and Hird said that he "had answered that question many times in the last couple weeks, and will not answer it again"

So he didn't say no, so everyone will read more into it than they should.

What was said if you don't mind me asking.

He refused to answer either Healey's or Mike's questions re coaching and said he has answered the same questions 10 times in the last 6 weeks and wont answer the question again.

He was quite pissed off about it. They said you can put it to bed right now and is there any possible way you could be coaching the bombers next year.

He refused to answer or say anything.

It was clearly an opp to stop the rumours but they could not draw him into any comment at all.

Who was the last AFL / VFL coach with no prior experience who was successful?

Leigh Matthews went from playing for Hawthorn in 85, to coach of Collingwood after 3 rounds in 86.

Won't be at all surprised if Hird's named after a suitably decent interval to distance him from his role in the Knights assassination.

AFL footy clubs are $40 Million dollar businesses each year.

As Brisbane have shown with Voss, you do not put people with no experience in key roles in such businesses, even good people like James Hird.

This would be a massive mistake if they did it.

He didn't deny it tonight, just rolling out the "I've already answered it" line over and over.

I think he's going to do it. They're just deciding his assistants structure I bet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back