Toast Essendon club’s rumoured change to the logo after reports they were considering replacing the Bomber aircraft.

Should Essendon remove the bomber plane from its logo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
I like the idea to change the logo from a war plane. Not all Essendon supporters like it and it's a bit outdated now.
It sends the wrong message to the kids imo.
Tim Watson has already tried to play the identity politics card and is against it, but I think it's time to move on.

I love when the off-field departments of a footy club run out of s**t to do and do stuff like this

What a waste of time and money lol

Essendon Drones.

Because the players were being remote controlled when they agreed to attend an off site anti ageing clinic for injections administered behind the back of the club doctor

Yeah I don't get the uproar it's not the first time that have changed the logo.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't get the uproar it's not the first time that have changed the logo.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk
Changing the logo isn't what's invoking controversy. It's the reasoning behind it.
Corporate thinktank once again cattering to snowflakes like the OP of this thread, who are looking to get offended by everything, and always looking for "the right message".

Bunch of softc0cks lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Changing the logo isn't what's invoking controversy. It's the reasoning behind it.
Corporate thinktank once again cattering to snowflakes like the OP of this thread, who are looking to get offended by everything, and always looking for "the right message".

Bunch of softc0cks lol.
Yep
Aristotle right out of central casting

I like the logo but I guess it’s neither here nor there what kind of ‘bomber’ is depicted.

If it’s discomfort to do with the military then I don’t understand. Doesn’t the bombers come from the association with Beaufort Bombers being based at Essendon airport during the war. That’s what I’d always assumed anyway (help me out Dons fans).

Anyway if that’s the association it actually reflects an interesting piece of history, one of the better nicknames.

Sure update the logo to another type of bomber or whatever. But earnestly claiming it as being some much-needed statement against war seems like the act of a gormless halfwit.

It would be like someone absurdly claiming that the OP is a fascist because they’ve got a problem with Beaufort Bombers (which were used against the Axis powers).

Richmond changed their's a few years ago from a highly detailed, snarling Tiger, which looked great, to a more animated version of the Tiger. The reasoning was that it was easier for the younger generation to relate to and easier for the kids to draw, or some rubbish like that. They didn't go around asking the fan base if they wanted it changed, they just did it because that is part of the job of the marketing department. You know what most Richmond fans thought of that? Nothing at all because it doesn't make any difference. As long as we were still the Richmond Tigers and wore the Yellow and Black nothing else mattered.

As long as Essendon are still the Bombers and wear the Red and Black the logo means nothing.

Nothing wrong with refreshing the logo but wtf else can you do to it when you are the bombers? Word script? Madness

It kind of makes sense.

The world stopped glorifying war decades ago.

Once upon time, a nickname and logo for a sporting team that was associated with murdering innocent people on a large scale would have worked.

But these days, it does seem a bit out of place.

Back