News Russell Ebert diagnosed with leukemia

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised he hasn't been admitted? When I was diagnosed I was admitted straight away for 6wks didn't even get a chance to Tie up loose ends.
This was 5 yrs ago I know everyday they are finding better treatments.
Hopefully they found it early I was stupid ignored the signs for wks . Also hope you win your battle M8 when it comes to things like this doesn't bloody matter who you support 👍
In Richo's email to members he said - "Russell was recently diagnosed after a routine health check with his doctor, and has already commenced intensive treatment." So as you say, it might have been picked up at an early stage.

Been a crap few years, with several of the champions I grew up following passing away viz the Obst brothers, Bruce Light, and others. 😟

Then recently, 🥇🥇🥇🥇my idol Eric Freeman 😢
Then to hear this news, OMFG 😒

As has been stated, prospects are not phenomenally great - but if anyone of that age can win the battle, it's this Champion of Port Champions.

I remember shaking his hand just over a year ago. Felt like an imposter to be in his presence tbh. Told the woman I was talking to that I had just shaken the hand of God 🥳😀

All the best, Herb and kick this affliction all the way back to where it came from (just like those 70 metre drop kicks you used to roost with either foot)!🥇🥇🥇🥇

Best wishes to the greatest Port player ever, you will have a long, tiring fight but we know that you're up for it.

We're all with you, mate.

Just read the diagnosis given to Russell.All the best to Russell and the Ebert family+for a speedy recovery.

My most recent memory of Russell was at an Alberton oval game 3 or 4 seasons ago.
There were a lot of past players present at that game, and I was sitting in the 2nd to back row on the left hand side of the member's stand, and he was 6 or 8 rows in front of me.
During the half time break he came back from the bar carrying a couple of beers in plastic cups and from just to my left proceeded to walk over the narrow backs of the old wooden seats whilst travelling fairly quickly downhill at an acute angle, and he didn't spill a drop.
He would have been in his late 60's back then but had the balance and agility of a cat, no wonder he was so hard to knock off his feet in his playing days.

Best wishes Russ. Fight the good fight

An absolute legend of a bloke and one of the great humans on earth

Was one of my favourites, loved going to the footy in the 80s and watching him, pure genius, elite hands and elite skills.

So very sorry to hear of Russell's diagnosis. I like everyone else hope his prognosis is a positive one.

* Cancer, it has taken so many, including many of my own family including my dad just recently, he had what Russell has but was 20 years older or there abouts.

Good luck Russell!

Sorry to hear this everyone.

Mods delete if not appropriate.

I didn’t hear the news yesterday, so I was a bit surprised when I saw him in the chair next to me at my treatment this morning!

So I guess I can confirm he’s already getting treatment, he’s well-dressed, the head nurse didn’t know/pretended not to know who he was, Mrs Ebert is with him.

Considering this place isn’t exactly a barrel of laughs, he seems in pretty good spirits. I suspect he’s tougher than the statue they made of him!

How are things going with your own health mate?

Sorry to hear this everyone.

Mods delete if not appropriate.

I didn’t hear the news yesterday, so I was a bit surprised when I saw him in the chair next to me at my treatment this morning!

So I guess I can confirm he’s already getting treatment, he’s well-dressed, the head nurse didn’t know/pretended not to know who he was, Mrs Ebert is with him.

Considering this place isn’t exactly a barrel of laughs, he seems in pretty good spirits. I suspect he’s tougher than the statue they made of him!
How are you doing, mate? Improving I hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am doing well, thank you, so well I got a bonus session today, which is how I saw Mr Ebert. All my doctors are very pleased at the minute so that’s a good sign.

Schulzenfest has handed me a few beatings on the chess board though

You won the last game didn't you? You're only as good as your last game.

For those with footy memory, called into walkers flat before christmas and the lady in the shop said that knuckles and barb still local and ok.

Sucks he has to go through it. But he'll fight it and win with that port adelaide and ebert toughness. Get well soon Russell

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I’ve met the great man a few times in different circumstances.

My first meeting was the best, I was not long off the banana boat and was on the outer at the Parade watching the Magpies against Norwood, now I’d heard all about him by then, but wouldn’t know what he looked like.

I was stood by and ‘giving it some’ and he joined in etc.

We started chatting and he introduced himself 😂😂.

I was all agog when I realised!

My 30 minutes with ‘God’

Thanks for the share, it was a tough thing to write.

Absolutely loved my interaction with Russ, and am desperately hoping he pulls through. A true gentleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back