Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Sounds like very little?

Yes it seems very much a nothing move, just some proactive PR by him to be seen to be doing something.

No intention of a change of ownership etc, no comment whatsoever of the atrocities in Ukraine, just some corporate spin that his advisors and representatives likely have advised him to do at this time.

TubbsFarquhar

Hall of Famer
Jan 18, 2009
Land of Discontent
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Sturt

Just ban them already. Yet it would be typical FIFA to ban Kenya and Zimbabwe for government interference yet leave a country who's perpetrating an invasion alone being the morally bankrupt organisation they are.

chef

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Todd FC

Just ban them already. Yet it would be typical FIFA to ban Kenya and Zimbabwe for government interference yet leave a country who's perpetrating an invasion alone being the morally bankrupt organisation they are.
Everyone is s**t scared of Russia, the whole worlds is just sitting still letting them invade another country. It's just so crazy.

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bushrangers, AC Milan, Tottenham
Everyone is sh*t scared of Russia, the whole worlds is just sitting still letting them invade another country. It's just so crazy.
History always repeats itself.
The world was scared of Germany in the 1930’s

PonsfordMagpie

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
TBH nothing, to me it's just him trying to distance himself from the club so we don't get mud on us too.

I'm at a stage where i hope he sells.
I think him selling the club is a real possibility now. Today might be the first step to that eventual outcome.

I wonder if someone like Jim Ratcliffe or Todd Boehly are still interested in buying the club after being rejected by Abramovich a few years ago.

Today is to save face and take the heat off the club in the short term.

jd2010

#ENICOut #LevyOut
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
If he sells the club surely he calls in for his debts. With the Western world making financial sanctions against Putin and his supporters he'll need to get some of his money out of chelsea

Zidane98

TheBrownDog
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
If he sells the club surely he calls in for his debts. With the Western world making financial sanctions against Putin and his supporters he'll need to get some of his money out of chelsea

The debt would surely be part of the settlement agreement. Surely he cannot pocket a sale and still have the club in debt to him?

Zidane98

TheBrownDog
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
If he leaves does he take havertz with him ?

To where? Not sure too many clubs will want a Russian oligarch buying them right now.

If Roman sells he probably heads over to Israel for good and lives a quiet life there visiting London, Paris, New York etc occasionally when the heat is off him.

Bojan KantKick

Man United Legacy Supporter
Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
20220227_100430.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jd2010

#ENICOut #LevyOut
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The debt would surely be part of the settlement agreement. Surely he cannot pocket a sale and still have the club in debt to him?
That's what I mean. Surely the sale price is going to be quite inflated with all that debt

Zidane98

TheBrownDog
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
That's what I mean. Surely the sale price is going to be quite inflated with all that debt

Would it? Everyone knows Roman needs to sell right now. He would be in a terrible barganning position.

My guess is he hopes to ride out the current Ukraine conflict. Distance hinself from runnijg the club (done). Wait for it to finish; let the dust settle. Then sell the club for top dollar.

jd2010

#ENICOut #LevyOut
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Would it? Everyone knows Roman needs to sell right now. He would be in a terrible barganning position.

My guess is he hopes to ride out the current Ukraine conflict. Distance hinself from runnijg the club (done). Wait for it to finish; let the dust settle. Then sell the club for top dollar.
I reckon he'd hold out. Even if he sold and his personal assets are being frozen he'd struggle to see any of what Chelsea owe him.

Remove this Banner Ad