Official Match Thread S29 Round 5 Sin City Swamprats vs Fighting Furies at Alberton Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

SarahSmiles , on the bouncer problem. What is your initial movement as the bowler bowls? To the side, forward, back?
Also, synthetic or turf? The shot selection would change, due to consistency of the bounce.
Ideally, coached want you to play back and across, and get over the top of the ball, But from the photo I saw, you either went forward or the ball wasn't that high at all.
I find that area uncomfortable, unless I'm expecting it, and in Indoor I expect it because everyone knows to bowl short to me to I have to step back and heave the ball past the bowler.
But with outdoor cricket, you should be fine to walk across to the off side and leave that kind of ball if you are uncomfortable with the area, it's not gotta hit your stumps. Don't try to get under it as you have no clue of the bounce.

SarahSmiles ignore all of this

If they bowl a bouncer at you, chuck your bat at them

And use an aluminium bat so you really hurt the *ers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howdy Swampies and Furries. This seems a great thread, befitting the SFA wide celebration of #WondersWeek. There is a parade on tomorrow to celebrate the Wonders and some other team playing for the Foundation Cup. I have been delegated by U2tigers and Proper Gander to relay this Public Announcement.

Public Announcement : Public Announcement : Public Announcement

On the streets leading to the SFA stadium, barriers are already being erected for the Saturday morning Parade for the Wonders and the um ..Demons.

Seating will be provided for the younger Rookies from other teams as well as the Roys and assorted tossbags, dignitaries such as HOFs and simmers and skippers from the lesser 10 teams. It is understood every player from Oppo teams will be attending.

The weather forecast for the game is not yet determined, but tomorrow morning the sky will be clear and the conditions will be balmy (if not barmy). Appropriately enough the street will be halved in sun and shade. Wonders please note you will march down the sunny side of the street; Demons you will be on the shady side.

The parade will be led by Mobbs who will bear the Foundation Cup.

The Parade will set off at 9.00am. There may be speeches. There will certainly be some terrific food and beverages available for sale at the Wonders' Concession Stands. Word has it the Wonders have already set up three stores on the route to sell Wonders memorabilia, Sab22 replica jumpers and Ant Bear's monograph, "The joys of playing at half back."

More news as it comes in as the entire Sweet FA goes nutsoid about #WondersWeek.
I'll give you the weather forecast; it is shiny with a little bit of Ned_Flanders said get ****ed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back