Official Match Thread S32 Round 1: East Side Phoenix vs Dragons FFC at The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

What a win! A real heart stopper! Thank you to philreich for posting and making it fun. 👍😁

Thanks for a great opening week of the season, Phoenix. It was a lot of fun. 😁 It was a tough battle, but it just wasn’t your day. Good luck to you for the season. I hope your name change brings you good fortune. 🙂

Dragons…off to Crocodile Drunkee’s for some adult beverages and snacks. Yay, a win!

D308DEE8-9305-4514-AC16-3938BEB80BB0.gif

Well, that was quite a game. Early on looked like the plucky new expansion side in the Phoenix were gonna run away with it, but we hung in, kept it close, and finally got the lead late when we needed to.

Thanks for posting philreich and making a tight game even more interesting and suspenseful.

Thanks ESP for the week, you're a good bunch.

What a win! A real heart stopper! Thank you to philreich for posting and making it fun. 👍😁

Thanks for a great opening week of the season, Phoenix. It was a lot of fun. 😁 It was a tough battle, but it just wasn’t your day. Good luck to you for the season. I hope your name change brings you good fortune. 🙂

Dragons…off to Crocodile Drunkee’s for some adult beverages and snacks. Yay, a win!

View attachment 1193265
tenor.gif

thewizardm 0 10 9 15 5 0 0 0 0 107
thewizardmelon 0 (On) Total : 100%
Bordering on a training run, thewizardmelon gave Knifey Spoony a lesson. - 59m from 3 to 62.

Cant argue with that for a debut - nice last quarter dragons, we'll be back to try have your measure next time! Knifey Spoony ran out of legs in the first.....minute??

Last edited:
Thanks for the week Hawks - there's clearly a changing of the guard going on, but the core unit seems solid. Hopefully you've got a few wins under the belt by the time we meet next.

Great job with the sim posting philreich!

Fantastic game Dragons, particularly given how things were looking at halftime and then again part way into the last quarter. A Swallow was elite with 32 disposals and 5 goals, as was Matt_352 with 28 and 3 on the wing. Strigoi put on a clinic in the ruck with 19 hitouts, 28 disposals and 4 goals, whilst it was great to see Knifey Spoony kick a goal in his 200th.

Onwards to next week and the Warriors. Go Dragons! :thumbsu:

I think more needs to be spoken about the fact the Dragons kicked 20.14 from 15 inside 50s. That's 2.3 scores per inside 50, or 1.3 goals per inside 50 😉

Thanks Mobbs (I'm sure this is something that has popped up before I just happen to cast my mind over those stats).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think more needs to be spoken about the fact the Dragons kicked 20.14 from 15 inside 50s. That's 2.3 scores per inside 50, or 1.3 goals per inside 50 😉

Thanks Mobbs (I'm sure this is something that has popped up before I just happen to cast my mind over those stats).
Is this good or bad?

Is this good or bad?
I mean generally your scoring shots should be below your inside 50 count haha, it's obviously been happening since the beginning I probably only took a look because I knew the game was high-scoring so was curious.

It's official. Sim hated us as Hawks and still hates us as Phoenix. Nothing to see here.

Proud of our rookies though, I see good things!! :)

Congrats Dragons for getting a win for Knifey Spoony's 200th. See you next time!

Thanks for the week Hawks - there's clearly a changing of the guard going on, but the core unit seems solid. Hopefully you've got a few wins under the belt by the time we meet next.

Great job with the sim posting philreich!

Fantastic game Dragons, particularly given how things were looking at halftime and then again part way into the last quarter. A Swallow was elite with 32 disposals and 5 goals, as was Matt_352 with 28 and 3 on the wing. Strigoi put on a clinic in the ruck with 19 hitouts, 28 disposals and 4 goals, whilst it was great to see Knifey Spoony kick a goal in his 200th.

Onwards to next week and the Warriors. Go Dragons! :thumbsu:

Thanks for the hit-out. An inside source from the Dragons told me at 3/4 time, there would be a revolt if the dragons didn’t win so we had to give you the chocolates today. Good luck until we meet again, perhaps we won’t be so generous next time! 🤙🏼

Thanks for the week Dragons. Was good fun bantz. And the game was tense af.

bad luck Phoenix - no rising this week. :(

You can’t rise from the top, gotta start somewhere :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back