SAINTS DISCO IV

Remove this Banner Ad

This song rules. Especially Eminem a few minutes in.

Love it. I reckon Soldier is one of his best songs once you know the backstory IMO.

Love it. I reckon Soldier is one of his best songs once you know the backstory IMO.

That's why these prosecutors wanna convict me
Strictly just to get me off of these streets quickly
But all their kids been listening to me religiously
So I'm signing CD's while police fingerprint me
They're for the judge's daughter but his grudge is against me
If I'm such a ******* menace this s**t doesn't make sense B
It's all political, if my music is literal
Then I'm a criminal, how the * can I raise a little girl?
I couldn't, I wouldn't be fit to
You're full of s**t too Guerrera; that was a fist that hit you

This song is already sick, as is Soldier.

After my year 12 end of year party, I got home and was listening to Soldier by Eminem when my phone was blowing up from a guy who was ready to belt me up. All talk. But whenever I hear "soldier" and the lines:

These shoulders hold up so much
They won't budge, I'll never fall or fold up
(I'm a soldier)
Even if my collarbones crush or crumble
I will never slip or stumble

It reminds me of that guy charging towards my house looking for a blue. It never happened (thankfully), I was always incredibly good at appearing tougher than I actually was.

That's why these prosecutors wanna convict me
Strictly just to get me off of these streets quickly
But all their kids been listening to me religiously
So I'm signing CD's while police fingerprint me
They're for the judge's daughter but his grudge is against me
If I'm such a ******* menace this s**t doesn't make sense B
It's all political, if my music is literal
Then I'm a criminal, how the duck can I raise a little girl?
I couldn't, I wouldn't be fit to
You're full of s**t too Guerrera; that was a fist that hit you

This song is already sick, as is Soldier.

After my year 12 end of year party, I got home and was listening to Soldier by Eminem when my phone was blowing up from a guy who was ready to belt me up. All talk. But whenever I hear "soldier" and the lines:

These shoulders hold up so much
They won't budge, I'll never fall or fold up
(I'm a soldier)
Even if my collarbones crush or crumble
I will never slip or stumble

It reminds me of that guy charging towards my house looking for a blue. It never happened (thankfully), I was always incredibly good at appearing tougher than I actually was.

Love it mate. It's so much better when you know the story behind some of his songs. He has a great collection of songs that hype you up too haha.

I love White America, at the time he was receiving allegations from parents and politicians that he had influenced criminal behavior on young white children so that was his response to it.

Probably the greatest lyricist of all-time

Love it mate. It's so much better when you know the story behind some of his songs. He has a great collection of songs that hype you up too haha.

I love White America, at the time he was receiving allegations from parents and politicians that he had influenced criminal behavior on young white children so that was his response to it.

Probably the greatest lyricist of all-time

Unironically the reason I now like rap is because I was working a job back in early 2006 soon after high school, I had my hands full and normally I'd quickly pound the "forward" button on my iPod. I still remember it, I had my hands full of dishes to be washed and the song "Puke" came on by Eminem.

Quite frankly, it's not that good of a song, but I didn't have a hand free to skip it. 3 minutes later I was completely digging it. This song literally changed my musical life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unironically the reason I now like rap is because I was working a job back in early 2006 soon after high school, I had my hands full and normally I'd quickly pound the "forward" button on my iPod. I still remember it, I had my hands full of dishes to be washed and the song "Puke" came on by Eminem.

Quite frankly, it's not that good of a song, but I didn't have a hand free to skip it. 3 minutes later I was completely digging it. This song literally changed my musical life.

Hahaha. One of 100 songs about his ex wife. I don't know if Puke is very popular but I love it haha. He's got such a deep collection of all types of stuff, and even the songs that he is only a feature on he seems to destroy.

Probably should've given this a go if that guy tried coming around to your place again haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back