Autopsy Saints overrun the Hawks - Rd 4, 2019 *ST KILDA FANS KEEP OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Commiserations on the loss.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the match. In case you missed one of these posts from the 2nd half of last season, this is an overall summary of how often players started as one of the 5 mids at centre bounces. Given the closeness of the game, I've switched things up and listed who you were relying on in the last term to get the job done, rather than a 2nd half summary.

Overall Summary - 23 Bounces

Worpel 20
Howe 17 (5w)
Henderson 17 (14w, 3i)
Smith 16 (11w, 5i)
Cousins 13 (1w)
Morrison 9 (8w, 1i)
Puopolo 8
Roughead 4
Scully 4 wing
Breust 3 (2i, 1w)
Wingard 2 (1i, 1w)
Nash 1 wing
Gunston 1

Rucks:

McEvoy 16
Ceglar 7

1st Half - 12

Worpel 10
Howe 9 (2w)
Morrison 9 (8w, 1i)
Henderson 8 (6w, 2i)
Smith 7 (6w, 1i)
Cousins 6 (1w)
Puopolo 4
Roughead 3
Breust 2
Scully 1 wing
Wingard 1

McEvoy 9
Ceglar 3

Last Term - 3

Worpel 3
Henderson 3 wing
Smith 2 wing
Cousins 2
Puopolo 2
Howe 1
Roughead 1
Scully 1 wing

McEvoy 3

Notes:
- Probably the biggest surprise with O'Meara missing was that Scully and Morrison switched roles, and even when Morrison was needed back in the 2nd half, Scully didn't replace him in the 3 wing rotation, only being used as a reliever. Hawk fans would be more aware than I am as to whether he was carrying a niggle, or if this was just a management decision given his limited pre-season.
- With O'Meara missing the Hawk Merry-go-round was resurrected (for the first time this season), whereby every forward bar the back up ruck gets a run through the inside mid group.
- Puopolo's most midfield starts (in analysed games) since Rd 8, 2017
- First time Scully hasn't finished in the top 6 mids (both sides) whilst playing a full game
- First time Worpel has been the most utilised mid

lovely pay the free kick against the aints player a minute later then, for exactly the same thing
Lonies?
Ahh no. that was NO PRIOR
again learn the rules

Lonie was in the process of getting the ball when set upon. NO PRIOR ball up.

Seriously thats the rules and why the umps made those decisions.

Completely different

Quite clearly grabbing it as he's standing up but is falling/has been knocked.

He wasn't on the ground and then dragged it in.

That's the rule matey.

View attachment 655730

LOL - his ass is ON the floor LITERALLY.
1. ass on the floor
2. he THEN drags the ball in
3. Holding the ball everyday of the year and twice at marvel.

are you disputing his ass wasnt on the ground BEFORE the drag?

Lonies?
again learn the rules

Completely different
The prior is dragging it in, which he did. So you're right about one thing. Completely different.

LOL - his ass is ON the floor LITERALLY.
1. ass on the floor
2. he THEN drags the ball in
3. Holding the ball everyday of the year and twice at marvel.

He's already grabbing for the ball and in process of taking possession while on his feet and then subsequently falling.

He was not already on the ground and then drags the ball in. The ball comes fully in to his possession as he hits the ground and he is then instantly set upon.

1555411400061.png

He's still on his feet here but falling and it's almost in his possession.

So no I'm not disputing it. I'm telling you that you are flat out speaking s**t.

Now if you want to continue to talk umpire decisions go take it to your own board where someone might give a * what you think.

So no I'm not disputing it. I'm telling you that you are flat out speaking s**t.

Now if you want to continue to talk umpire decisions go take it to your own board where someone might give a **** what you think.
That's why he's here. When you've got no friends, you go seeking them in the strangest of places, like the board of your betters. I must admit though, I don't really care what he thinks, only that he thinks, and he seems to have forgotten or never learnt how to do that.

Lonies?
again learn the rules

Completely different

Lonie was in the process of getting the ball and then set upon. Haha...seriously. Not only was Mirra doing the same...but he was also pushed in the back as he was going to do that. LOL for all the LOLS in the nose bleed section.
School holidays are fun with teenage St Kilda supporters still lurking on our boards days after their win. You'd think you would be happy with the win and move on to next week. No..just shows what a bunch of 1 flag winning sooks you are. Remember the #freekickhawthorn sh*t you guys started after one decision went against you. Rest my case.

Lonie was in the process of getting the ball and then set upon. Haha...seriously. Not only was Mirra doing the same...but he was also pushed in the back as he was going to do that. LOL for all the LOLS in the nose bleed section.
School holidays are fun with teenage St Kilda supporters still lurking on our boards days after their win. You'd think you would be happy with the win and move on to next week. No..just shows what a bunch of 1 flag winning sooks you are. Remember the #freekickhawthorn sh*t you guys started after one decision went against you. Rest my case.
You are so blinded.
100% dragged it in when on the floor.
end of story.

You are so blinded.
end of story.
You're a saints supporter, so I understand you're a bit slow. Honestly I get it - I even typed this slower for you. I'm pretty sure that's how they recruitisn't it? Beating people about the head until the damage is just right. It must be a fine art by now. But no he started the motion of picking up the ball while he was on his feet. He got pushed to the ground after that. I get that you're too stupid to understand this. I've seen saints supporters confuse the little green man with the red one at intersections, despite their differing stances, so I know how hard it is. But seriously, having his back dived on, you excuse him for thinking perhaps he had the free and was just grabbing the ball to kick it. How slow are you? You keep coming back here, what do you need to be told to piss off back back to Aunt Hilda or whatever the hell your pathetic club is called.

Your stupid excuse for a club is a blight on the AFL, that other clubs have to keep propping it up financially. So either come here to thank us for giving our hard earned to your cranially impacted club, or piss off back to moorabin and watch the biplanes land or whatever the hell they have at that airstrip.

You are so blinded.
end of story.

Ok. Let's all agree on this forum that you're right and we're all wrong 100%. Will you now take mum's pocket money and go buy yourself a saints teddy bear tomorrow to cuddle at night remember not to drag it on the floor. I'm so blinded I just don't know anymore if this is the start, middle or end of the story our story. We'll see I guess!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are so blinded.
end of story.
Lol basically every commentator and expert in the game said it was a bad call. Congrats on the win, I’ve got nothing against your club and I think you would have won anyway, but it’s an awful call.

Lol basically every commentator and expert in the game said it was a bad call. Congrats on the win, I’ve got nothing against your club and I think you would have won anyway, but it’s an awful call.

How? he dragged it in. thats holding the ball. The experts like you didnt look close enough.
you think the ump just blew his whistle cause why? I tell you why HE DRAGGED THE BALL IN when on the ground. clear as DAY IF YOU LOOK!!!
commentators dont look theyre

If we're going to talk about bullshit calls that cost goals then better candidates than that Mirra one are:

- 1Q Breust being called to play on for pausing briefly to consider an option while moving back on the mark. The replay after the goal clearly illustrates that he never deviated off his line or took a step forward. Even if you were to argue there was some movement off the line it's still well within a tolerance that players always get.

- 3Q Bruce kneeing Sicily in the back of the head going for a mark and not contacting the ball. Text book unrealistic marking attempt, which if paid prevents the HTB call against Scrimshaw seconds later that led to a goal.

If we're going to talk about bullshit calls that cost goals then better candidates than that Mirra one are:

- 1Q Breust being called to play on for pausing briefly to consider an option while moving back on the mark. The replay after the goal clearly illustrates that he never deviated off his line or took a step forward. Even if you were to argue there was some movement off the line it's still well within a tolerance that players always get.

- 3Q Bruce kneeing Sicily in the back of the head going for a mark and not contacting the ball. Text book unrealistic marking attempt, which if paid prevents the HTB call against Scrimshaw seconds later that led to a goal.

yep they were weird. fun, but weird.
Parker Push and the non called delibrate cost us two goals.
so Even.

We are a minnow. Basically got nothing and still beat you and your 200 assistant coaches, gold
robots and medical
team. You should never lose to us. But we got heart and balls. We smashed you. Bleeding and crying you went back home to glenferrie for lattes on gold plates.
2-2? ouch. good luck v cats a must win game now.
You barrack for hawks? o wow HOW ORIGINAL. Least our flags wont be bought and will mean something.
Bought? Most of our flags came with the smallest supporter base in the entire league.

Look because I like you, I'll let you in on a little secret. Your friends won't tell you this because well, they're not really good friends, but here goes... you're analyst... he's not working out. Get a different one.

Of course we should never lose to you. But when we field mostly Box Hill the occasional 5 point loss is going to occur. And since when is 2-2 a must win game. Our last premiership was won from 4-4. Did they keep records when your last premiership was won? It was so close to the starting of the league the people keeping the records probably still remembered the 49 straight losses and nearly died laughing.

We were winless in 1950, we crawled out of that muck and filth and now we are a club that well frankly incites jealousy in the likes of you. Toddle off and tell your mother she wants you.

We are a minnow. Basically got nothing and still beat you and your 200 assistant coaches, gold
robots and medical
team. You should never lose to us. But we got heart and balls. We smashed you. Bleeding and crying you went back home to glenferrie for lattes on gold plates.
You barrack for hawks? o wow HOW ORIGINAL. Least our flags wont be bought and will mean something.
Dude , seriously , Menzies was prime minister when your team last won a flag.
Pretty sure currency switched from pounds to decimal. Enjoy your four points and move on.

robots and medical

Ahahahahahahahahaha, comedy gold here. Best laugh I’ve had for ages. Flags, plural.....hahahahaha. Means more than one dickhead! Not happening any time soon.

robots and medical

its flag clown...singular not plural...."heart and balls"....yes 27 wooden ones and 1 flag in 120 years shows us what heart & balls your mob is made of....just say thank u for the taxes we pay to allow you clowns to exist & scram

robots and medical
Flag.
Singular. Not plural. Dickhead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back