Sam Skinner

Remove this Banner Ad

If his knee holds up I wouldn't be surprised if he's cemented a spot in our backline by the end of the year.
Carn, he isn't pushing out any of McKenzie, Clurey, Jonas & Aliir this year.

This is a good pickup for depth. It justifies the decision to move on Lienert. We have basically switched from a quasi-flanker key back, to a pure key back, with valuable height.

He's obviously going to spend the best part of the next couple years at SANFL level, but hopefully he stays fit, develops nicely and presents a ready to go depth option when required, and maybe becomes the long term successor for our aging key backs.

This is a good pickup for depth. It justifies the decision to move on Lienert. We have basically switched from a quasi-flanker key back, to a pure key back, with valuable height.

He's obviously going to spend the best part of the next couple years at SANFL level, but hopefully he stays fit, develops nicely and presents a ready to go depth option when required, and maybe becomes the long term successor for our aging key backs.
McKenzie ain't no lock for mine he's massively overrated on this board, the only thing stopping Jonas being in the gun is the captaincy as well.

hopefully we drafted him as a defender and not another forward
Recruited as a defender according to Cripps.

" ... we see him playing mostly in the backline, where he performed strongly with South Adelaide in the back half of the 2021 season,” Power list manager Jason Cripps told the club website

“We like Sam’s athleticism, aggression and competitiveness and while he has shown an ability to play at either end of the ground, we see him playing mostly in the backline, where he performed strongly with South Adelaide in the back half of the 2021 season,” said Port Adelaide List Manager, Jason Cripps.
He will be rucking for the Magpies if Lycett or Hayes gets a serious injury in 2022, and for the A grade if both do. We might rookie a skinny 18 year old ruck, but he wont get much of a look in.

I think he could genuinely push out mckenzie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Early days and by no means guaranteed, but if he does manage to take his game to the next level then he and Allir could potentially form a pretty formidible combination down back.

The following week in the prelim - 0 marks
Barely saw him down back in that game I watched. Hopefully with Lord, a possible rookie fwd/ruck, Weidemann, Butcher, Surman, Edwards and Corcoran around he won't have to be moved forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just keep backing in the same sh*t that doesn't get it done mate you may as well change ya last name to Hinkley.

I'd rather change Hinkley's name to Mutha F. It's closer to what most of us call him anyway.

Makes sense with Lieniert being moved out. Essentially replacing half back type with taller key type who is mobile enuf to play more roles. Saw him at Alberton during game this yr where he stood out as being AFL class. Worth the risk as it aint costing much.

Blokes only 24. A lot of people over the trade period wanted another key defender and a raging petracca like mid/ball user.

Dont think we would get as ready made as Sam. Van Rooyen would of been nice but the melts for using a first rounder on him would of been insane.

Looks like the bloke can actually outbody big opponents which we need rather then another third in intercepter. Sam looks more like a pure defender.

A defense of 194cm Aliir Aliir, 198cm Skinner and one of 191cm McKenzie or 193cm Clurey, if Skinner can get in good form, sure as s**t beats one with 188cm Jonas (the oldest of the lot to boot) struggling in big games against players 8 - 15cm taller than him as a quasi-KPD yet again. I'd like to see us line up against other sides and not most games worry our 'KPDs' are either giving away so much height/reach or watch us cripple our rebounding by having to play AA on a 195cm+ opposition tall forward.

Short of sacking Hinkley, getting the Captaincy to Wines, so Jonas isn't protected by the Captaincy gold pass is the most important move the club can make this pre-season.

Our KPD stocks after McKenzie, AA, Clurey and Jonas are pretty thin. Pasini is a huge work in progress, so it is nice to have someone as depth who is a little more advanced in their development, who is mobile and can play a role similar to that of AA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back