Universal Love Sam Walsh - 2021 AFLPA 22U22 captain, 2021 All-Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL Sam McClure.

I'm sick of the comparisons.
Walsh is Walsh. Smith is Smith.
They're both great players. Smith gets the luxury of having more quality mids around him and playing in a possession heavy game style. Walsh is our best mid, with little support, in a team that came last for average disposals.
Also, in my limited interactions with them both (watching them play football on TV), Walsh seems like a much better human (I'm not a fan of Smith's fake tough guy rubbish and ice in the veins style celebrations - although Walsh's celebrations make me cringe sometimes too, but they're more light-hearted).

a mate sent me some link on messenger the other day saying we’re gonna make a play for walshy and i hope he’s wrong. i looked into it and it seems like a load of sh*t anyway. but after 20 years of nothing you guys finally deserve something. fevola was my favourite player growing up as the blues were my old man’s team.

but of course i took the piss out of my dad for supporting you because i was living my best life a teenager and cats were winning premierships. he’s been dead for over two years and when jack bowes kicked the sealer against you a few days following his death i just remember breaking down. i’m a bloke we have been programmed that it’s weak to have feelings therefore it can be hard to process them. when jack bowes stole that game from you i took it as a sign, a kick in the teeth i didn’t deserve.

i have a similar last name that sounds exactly the same. i don’t know but it just broke me. if i had believed in a god then it would’ve been the kinda sign that would turn a religious person atheist. the only geelong vs carlton game we ever travelled to melbourne to watch together was in 2014 and even i’ll admit we/the umpires robbed you. if you don’t remember it think back to gibbs and casboults best. i don’t remember when it was but when cripps cried after one of your matches it made me tear up too. i don’t know i just felt it? i still don’t understand why to this day when i have never felt anything close to this for geelong before and that’s my team..

the geelong supporters on here told me i’m supposed to hate your club for ‘95 but i just hope you guys can keep this little champion and finally win another flag. i’d celebrate for my old man just like he would’ve done in 95 with the rest of you
Love your post, Hooker. And sorry for your loss. As much as the last 20 years have been crap for us Blues, I'm sure your Dad would have remembered the good times too.

As for Walsh, Geelong (and 16 other clubs) would be mad if they didn't at least ask the question. We're expecting everyone to come at him. But I'm confident we'll get a deal done early. He's a terrific young man, and I'm sure we'll be doing all we can to tie him up on a long deal.

Best wishes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back