Universal Love Sam Walsh - 2021 AFLPA 22U22 captain, 2021 All-Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched Walsh play his first game in Navy Blue. A pre-season practice match against the Dawks at Princes Park. There was nothing vanilla about Walsh. There was a small, sparse crowd. Maybe a couple of thousand tops. All relaxing in the afternoon sunshine. There was nothing on the line. Yet as the game wore on, Walsh's repeat efforts, determination and footy nous won the crowd over and by the end of the game every time he went near the ball, we were on our feet. That vanilla tag needs to be buried in the same place as that stupid Kane Cornes Rozee post.
Absolutely. I too was there for that first practice match.

the crowd absolutely fell in love with Walsh. There was one effort out on the wing where he was 1 v 2 and he fought hard and got the ball out of bounds. The cheer for him was outrageous. Would have thought he’d kicked the winner

He has another effort on our hff that day, 1 v 2 again. Gathered the footy, put this little side step shimmy through the two of them then delivered the ball. It was a bit of a “wow this kids going to be something” moment

So so lucky we have him on our list.

It’s just absurd how good he is. The sky is the limits for our Sam

Sam Walsh is the only player in the league this season to average 30+ disposals and 6+ marks.

His 25.4 touches per game over his career are the most in Carlton history for anyone who’s played at least 50 games.

Sam Walsh is the only player in the league this season to average 30+ disposals and 6+ marks.

His 25.4 touches per game over his career are the most in Carlton history for anyone who’s played at least 50 games.

He actually has the most disposals for an 18 year old draftee to play 50 consecutive games

He reminds me of Sam Walsh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still feel Juddy is in his own rarified air, in terms of the sort of player he was. A really unique player known for his burst and acceleration, and still able to to adapt his game to become a contested clearance beast once the OP hit and took away some of that athletic advantage. Could will himself onto a game like very few others.

Not to say Sammy can't be as good or better, but very different types of players.

Not to mention the fact that he's a clean player himself (in terms of physicality and dirty tactics), but when teams try the dirty and rough stuff with him, it just doesn't seem to phase him. He literally just ignores it and soldiers on.
Pure focus. It's one of the reason's he continues to find space.

Absolutely. I too was there for that first practice match.

the crowd absolutely fell in love with Walsh. There was one effort out on the wing where he was 1 v 2 and he fought hard and got the ball out of bounds. The cheer for him was outrageous. Would have thought he’d kicked the winner

He has another effort on our hff that day, 1 v 2 again. Gathered the footy, put this little side step shimmy through the two of them then delivered the ball. It was a bit of a “wow this kids going to be something” moment

So so lucky we have him on our list.

It’s just absurd how good he is. The sky is the limits for our Sam
just hope like * he never wins a charlie............

Remove this Banner Ad

Back