News Sandi Going to WC?

Remove this Banner Ad

300K is average salary. There is no way Sandilands would run round again for Freo for 300k let alone change clubs for that amount. Nothing less than 700k - we may get him for 600k
Important to note that $600,000 at WC and $700,000 at FFC actually shows up as less on our salary cap due to the $115,000ish veterans allowance.

This is just Young's method of commencing negotiations is it not? Not an actual thing.

It all depends on how much money Sandilands would be taking up in cap if he stayed on one more year. We may want to go into the trade period with that money still notionally available with Sandi being retained if it's not spent.
His management on the other hand would prefer him signed now since 10% of nothing is nothing.

The one year experiment did not go that well with sam mitchell. They must have lost the plot if they are offering overs for Sandilands for 1 season instead of drafting a new kid as a long term backup/replacement for nic the knee nat.

The one year experiment did not go that well with sam mitchell. They must have lost the plot if they are offering overs for Sandilands for 1 season instead of drafting a new kid as a long term backup/replacement for nic the knee nat.

Very true but keep in mind rucks take many years to develop and if Lycett does leave we would have Vardy only. Orlango is rookie lised but wont be ready to player senior footy anytime soon. Sandi would only be short term, would rather Roughhead from Doggies (another rumour). Sandi is to injury prone now..

No good losing a chance at a flag to develop a kid in the ruck.

I hope ... if he goes to the slime he gets them to the 2019 gf...has a shot from 20 out to win the game after the siren and shanks it out on the full. But I'd rather they dont get him. FREO ROYALTY !

Very true but keep in mind rucks take many years to develop and if Lycett does leave we would have Vardy only. Orlango is rookie lised but wont be ready to player senior footy anytime soon. Sandi would only be short term, would rather Roughhead from Doggies (another rumour). Sandi is to injury prone now..

I haven’t been following so I’m not sure why Lycett is leaving. But if you guys are throwing big money at Sandilands, which you need to if you want to lure him over, might as well throw the money at Lycett to keep him.

I haven’t been following so I’m not sure why Lycett is leaving. But if you guys are throwing big money at Sandilands, which you need to if you want to lure him over, might as well throw the money at Lycett to keep him.

Nothing is confirmed yet but it’s kind of concerning that this has surfaced, could mean negotiations haven’t gone to plan with Lycett so would need a plan B. Also might need to wait until Gaff contract is done, if/when he does go will have plenty of cash to throw at Lycett. Hoping the big man Lycett stays

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm, so the Slime now have a dodgy NicNat and Lycett not yet signed. They have spent big on NicNat and McGovern and if they want to keep Gaff they will need to spend some good coin there too.
So Lycett's management will be trying to maximise his next contract whether at the Slime or elsewhere. So he makes sure that rumours of him leaving are out there to increase his value. Meanwhile, the Slime with few other ruck options would be desperate to keep Lycett and for as few pennies as possible. So it's in their best interests to have rumours of Sandilands being in their sights. It reduces Lycett's bargaining power.

But the odds are, Lycett & Gaff both stay at the Slime and Sandilands stays at Freo and all their managers think the rumours of them leaving is part of their cunning plans to get more pennies in their signed contracts.

It could be WC sending Lycetts management a message

We know you want to stay but we don’t need you so stop putting your hand out for big bucks

For all those advocating a trade or getting something from a deal why would we want our greatest ever ruckman, 3rd highest games record holder and probably 100 years from now will still have been our greatest ever ruckman joining the arrogant WC Slime. Give him another 1 year deal with a 1-2 year coaching gig after that to mentor the rucks, just our luck WC will offer him that and then he will remarkably get over his leg injuries and play every game for them next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back