SANFL List Management 2022-23

Remove this Banner Ad

TBH I have never heard of many of these players. Sounds like most of them were players with potential who for some reason did not make it. The exception was Zane Kirkwood who the SANFL stole from us.

Good to see that the Port Magpies are tidying up the list. It would be nice to get some more experience to draw upon if we have another season like the last one but I guess we work to the rules imposed by the SANFL Gestapo.
The SANFL stole Kirkwood? Mate, we practically kicked him out the door.

Yes the SANFL can be blamed for the crap model that's set up, but man, how people don't put any blame on the club (who just as equally put forward this model) is so deluded.

It's no difference than those who say "The SANFL took our zones away" once again, the club shouldve never concentrated on keeping them because that was NEVER going to happen. We wouldve been better off arguing against crap rules like having to pick the AFL guys over our better SANFL listed guys on game day.

(BTW Zane was offered a "top up" contact for 2014 and declined it, and I can't blame him one bit)

Hi guys, it was announced today that Mackenzie Nield has signed with South Fremantle in the WAFL.

Any insights on him? Played 7 games in 2022 for an average of 7 disposals and 2 goals in total.

Is he a flanker? Small forward?

Cheers

So that's the first player gone.
1667903253951.png

Hi guys, it was announced today that Mackenzie Nield has signed with South Fremantle in the WAFL.

Any insights on him? Played 7 games in 2022 for an average of 7 disposals and 2 goals in total.

Is he a flanker? Small forward?

Cheers
Half forward flank, interesting that he's moved interstate, I'd expect that it might be harder for him to crack your side than it was ours. Will probs just be depth for you.

Normally around this time of year we'd hear about player re-signings and new players, crickets for us at the moment while every other SANFL team have plenty of incomings.

No SANFL listed players seen at training apart from Lobbe (due to ruck coach role).

Another note, Kye Roberts and Trent Burgoyne are 2 SANFL listed players that have nominated for the AFL Draft.

Normally around this time of year we'd hear about player re-signings and new players, crickets for us at the moment while every other SANFL team have plenty of incomings.

No SANFL listed players seen at training apart from Lobbe (due to ruck coach role).

Another note, Kye Roberts and Trent Burgoyne are 2 SANFL listed players that have nominated for the AFL Draft.
Crows have been busy signing up several players with ex- SANFL and AFL experience.

Meanwhile we have top ups that are Div 3 Ammo's standard, or country guys not even in their own clubs' best half dozen players o_O
And now we aren't even signing anyone it seems.
Maybe we'll play a couple short if we have injuries?

Still got Cap'n Conundrum (Sutts) though.

Lol Porpowa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Preston Cockatoo-Collins - Son of Che Cockatoo-Collins, from North Adelaide U18s, signs as a father-son. 186cm wing/half back/half forward.

Jake Weidemann also pictured, so it looks like he's staying.
Preston-Cockatoo-Collins-1.JPG

Brodie Motlop - Son of Shannon Motlop, Nephew of Steven and Daniel Motlop, From North Adelaide U18s.
Brodie-Motlop-1.JPG

Last edited:
I think Kye Roberts is back at West Adelaide then since they are talking in past tense about the SANFL rookie program.

I guess if Trent Burgoyne doesn't get picked up by Melbourne, he'll go back to WWT Eagles as well.

I think Kye Roberts is back at West Adelaide then since they are talking in past tense about the SANFL rookie program.

I guess if Trent Burgoyne doesn't get picked up by Melbourne, he'll go back to WWT Eagles as well.
Don't be surprised if Trent signs for Casey in the VFL.

Man, sorry, but I expect another ultra long season with alot of beltings. If these are our big name signings.
Big in terms of appealing to supporters but the article suggests there is more news to come, including an announcement regarding the appointment of the leadership player (suggests Sutcliffe may be replaced).

Big in terms of appealing to supporters but the article suggests there is more news to come, including an announcement regarding the appointment of the leadership player (suggests Sutcliffe may be replaced).
If the leadership player is anyone but Sam Gray I'll be pissed.
Perhaps Hamish Hartlett could be another option. B&F at Westies, been vice captain for the AFL side as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back