SANFL List Management 2022-23

Remove this Banner Ad

COCKATOO-COLLINS, Montgomery, Francou.

No, it’s not a roll-call of a 2003 Port Adelaide AFL side; they’re just some of the names that will be running around for the club in the SANFL in 2023.

The club’s newest signings Preston Cockatoo-Collins, Harper Montgomery and Will Francou will each follow in the footsteps of their respective fathers when they don the Port Adelaide colours next season.

They’ll also be joined by another famous Port Adelaide name with Brodie Motlop – the nephew of the recently retired Steven Motlop and former Port Adelaide forward Daniel Motlop – signing on to play with the Magpies in 2023.

Port Adelaide SANFL and Next Generation Academy Manager Shane Grimm welcomed each of the four recruits.

It’s a bit scary but if our list stays fairly healthy in 2023, Sutcliff and Jed Hagan will be the only players considered as getting a complete season with the 2’s. Of course that won’t happen but there will be limited opportunities for some signings.

It’s a bit scary but if our list stays fairly healthy in 2023, Sutcliff and Jed Hagan will be the only players considered as getting a complete season with the 2’s. Of course that won’t happen but there will be limited opportunities for some signings.
That's if Sutts is still on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest I have never heard of the majority of players mentioned in this thread lately. The system is like a revolving door with a lot of 18 year olds who will hang around at the Port Magpies for a couple of years then finish up playing for Falgstaff Hill, Pooraka or similar. If someone had asked me who McKenzie Nield played for I would not have known. Thank god for RossFC and a couple of others who post in this thread.

The system sucks but there is not much we can do about it.

To be honest I have never heard of the majority of players mentioned in this thread lately. The system is like a revolving door with a lot of 18 year olds who will hang around at the Port Magpies for a couple of years then finish up playing for Falgstaff Hill, Pooraka or similar. If someone had asked me who McKenzie Nield played for I would not have known. Thank god for RossFC and a couple of others who post in this thread.

The system sucks but there is not much we can do about it.
But clearly the Camrys have exploited a couple of loopholes - which we elected not to persue for whatever reasons 🤔😕

So yeah, it does suck dog's testicles, but we are also partly to blame.

18 yr old draft hopefully Jed Hagan joining the Maggie's after going undrafted.
A member of this year's WA U/18 side, he was injured and missed the combine.
Growing up in the far north Pilbarra, he will have no loyalty go home strings for living in Perth.

If it works out he could be and ideal mid-season selection (avaible with/when long term injuries).

The success of the AFL clubs in the sanfl is largely due to injuries and the number of too good for sanfl/not good enough for AFL players they have on their list.

We've played in sanfl grand finals when the wheel turned our way, 2022 we fielded vastly weakened sides and lost accordingly.

All of our top up players shouldn't be under 182cm however.

Waiting for the Maggies' 2023 fixtures to come out.
AFL has been done for ages.
Several country leagues have issued their fixtures.

But those good ole boys from the SANFL - well now they won't be in a position to announce their fixtures until the end of January !!!

Useless ****s.

Waiting for the Maggies' 2023 fixtures to come out.
AFL has been done for ages.
Several country leagues have issued their fixtures.

But those good ole boys from the SANFL - well now they won't be in a position to announce their fixtures until the end of January !!!

Useless ****s.

Waiting for the responses from 8 parasites, I mean clubs, who are devising strategies on how the fixture can screw Port more.

Former Magpie, now A grade coach of Ports.
324503800_1030586604376990_8413136658782740375_n.jpg

Former Magpie, now A grade coach of Ports.
324503800_1030586604376990_8413136658782740375_n.jpg
Pardon my ignorance but who are Ports Football and Netba Club? Which town are they from?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back