FTA-TV SAS Australia - "Celebs" MkIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. He’s impulsive, but not deliberately going out of his way to fu** things up. But to have them all gang up on him, apart from Warner’s missus, pissed me off. Hope he wins it.

Yeah I thought it was harsh of them to gang up on him and tell him to quit but we don't know what is going on off camera, he might be a bigger dick than they are showing.

From what I've seen he doesn't seem like a bad bloke but he isn't a team player and likes to do his own thing which is probably why the others don't like him.

Tbf, I'm not sure his old man was ever cut out to be SAS either. If anything, Jackson is in far better shape than his old man ever was.

Jacko doesn't look good on the physical stuff.
Was 2-3 k's behide everyone else.

I've bearly seen much of the series.
Watched a couple eps today...armchair expert 😀.

True fat Warnie wouldn't handle SAS.😀😀.

Jacko doesn't look good on the physical stuff.
Was 2-3 k's behide everyone else.

I've bearly seen much of the series.
Watched a couple eps today...armchair expert 😀.

True fat Warnie wouldn't handle SAS.😀😀.

Yeah, Jacko was really unfit. Just that as much as his dad was a magician with a cricket ball, fat Warnie would be another 2 k's back again 😁

firass has a raging case of ODD (opposition defiance (dis)order)

once upon a time it was called LSS (little smartarse syndrome)

First 2 episode comments:

- That backflip dive into the water is the first thing they do, is also the biggest NOPE for me so far.
- Jeez it took them way too long to introduce big Mitch Johnson. Easily the biggest name on the show aside from Schapelle.
- Honey Badger has no chill. Not sure if I love him or hate him. That girl he polaxed is an absolute legend.
- Candice Warner impressing me. She's a bit of a beast.
- AFLW player picking Badger to fight is the s**t you like to see.
- They should have shown more of the fights. Those looked pretty brutal.
- Badger running down that mountain. F**k me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty unfair on someone like Erin to have to pull the same weight as monsters like the honey badger and Mags. But she's been bloody impressive.

Last edited:
Pretty unfair on someone like Erin to have to pull the same weight as monsters like the honey badger and Mags. But she's been bloody impressive.
They gave her credit for it in their review of the day's activities. They were looking for "determination", and she showed that in spades - unlike Candice who was asking how much further they had to go. Yes, she was physically stronger than Erin, but her attitude was nowhere near as good.

To be a leading professional ironwoman you really need to be as tough as nails. Tank. Scrap. Technique. Guts. You need it all. Occasionally you can get by on excelling in one discipline like swimming, but generally it helps to be an all-rounder given the different race formats, strategies and conditions. I grew up as a Nipper and following the sport religiously from the early Uncle Tobys Series days, and Candice is still Falzon the ironwoman to me before the SBW or Warner stuff. That said, she was a bit flaky from memory and never really contended in an Ironwoman series. She had a pin-up profile more than anything, and those one's usually aren't gritty and fiercely competitive enough to contend year-in-year-out (save Courtney Hancock, who had both the 170+cm attractive athletic physique and the heart to go with it).

Last edited:
Ch7 have bought the rights to the UK's version (SAS: Who Dares Wins). They will be showing S3, starting next Tuesday (S1 & S2 were previously shown on SBS).

Watch this, and you'll realise just how softly, softly, they mollycoddled the Australian celebrities. The Australian celebrities would have been whittled down to just the top-4 (Badger, Merrick, James & Sabrina) by the end of the 1st episode, if they were given the same treatment as the non-celebrities in the UK version.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back